Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Yes, OKW is included in DEEH. Sorry, my eyes focused on the "staying in a timeshare on 192" and skipped over the "checking into OKW" important information! So you should be good to go at 7 AM and at 6 PM, and possibly at 1 PM or later depending on when you tap into Epcot and whether any 1 PM VQ slots are still available (that's if you don't get one at 7 AM - you can't get both 7 AM and 1 PM, but you can get a 6 PM with either one of those).
Are you saying you can get 6:00 VQ on Extended Hrs day even if you got one already at 7:00 or 1:00?

Are you saying you can get 6:00 VQ on Extended Hrs day even if you got one already at 7:00 or 1:00?
No, it is one VQ per day.
Yes, you can get a 6:00 VQ for Epcot DEEH if you got one at 7:00 OR 1:00. You can’t get one at 7:00 AND 1:00, of course, but the 6:00 VQ is separate from those. We did it a couple of weeks ago!

Yes, you can get a 6:00 VQ for Epcot DEEH if you got one at 7:00 OR 1:00. You can’t get one at 7:00 AND 1:00, of course, but the 6:00 VQ is separate from those. We did it a couple of weeks ago!

Extended evening hours isn’t included in the 1 VQ per day. That’s only for the 7am or 1pm.

There have been reports of people getting to ride it 3 times in a day.
1. Either 7am or 1pm VQ
2. $ILL
3. Extended evening hours.

You can only get one standard VQ a day
You can get 2 a day if you are eligible for Deluxe Extended hours
Thanks. Learned something new today.

I think Im confused...If I have a park hopper, start in HS planning to hop to Epcot after 2 can I still try to get a BG at the 1pm drop since I havent tapped into epcot?

but I cant hop till 2pm, how do people make this work?
Sometimes the VQ slots don’t fill up until after 2 PM. On those days, people who hop and tap in can try for the VQ. You won’t know until that day - as soon as you tap into Epcot, check the Virtual Queues section of MDE. It will say whether VQs are still available or not. We got one after entering Epcot at 4 PM on a rainy afternoon!

This thread is a work in progress please help me fill in what I've missed or correct any changes. If anyone has screen shots of the process, please post them.

The purpose of this thread is about how to get a Boarding Group for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. This is basically the same thread that was posted for RotR when that attraction used a Virtual Queue.

As of this posting, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is the only attraction using the purchased Individual Lightning Lane reservations and Virtual Queue option. The intent of this thread is to discuss the Virtual Queue option.

No Spoilers

This is a NO SPOILER thread - any post hinting at an attraction spoiler may be removed or edited at the discretion of Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies Board Moderators.

Even simple descriptions of locations and processes are considered spoilers - many spoiler threads are available for discussing the ride if so inclined.

Basic Acronym List
VQ - Virtual Queue
BG - Boarding Group
$ILL - Individual Lightning Lane
EEH - Extended Evening Hours

The only way to ride this attraction is by having either a BG or an $ILL. You may hold both an $ILL AND and a BG.

Using a BG is free of charge.
Using an $ILL has a fee per person.

There is NO standby entry.

Steps to get a BG:
-At 6am, 12pm, or 5pm you can choose who will be in your BG from MDE
-The 2 most popular methods of getting a BG
1. Tap the 3 lines in MDE
2. Choose Virtual Queue
3. Choose your party
4. A couple minutes before 7am, 1pm, or 6pm tap the refresh button at the bottom of the page repeatedly. It will change to join at exactly 7am, 1pm, or ?.
5. Click Join
OR
4. Use Time.gov and at 6:59:59 or 12:59:59, or 5:59:59 and click the button at the bottom
5. Follow any prompts.

You may only get a BG on a day you have a Park Reservation for Epcot or during EEH. Or see exception.
(Please note, if you have a park reservation for a park other than Epcot the day of EEH, you need to tap into the first park at some point before entering Epcot assuming you have a hopper or AP. You cannot have a non-hopper ticket with a park reservation for MK, Studios, or AK and go to Epcot EEH.
Exception:
And if it is still available after 2:00, those who park hop from another park can get it. -thank you @subtchr for sharing your experience with this!

At 7am, you do not have to be in Epcot.
At 1pm, you would have had to tap into Epcot beforehand. But you don't have to physically be in Epcot at 1pm as long as you tapped into the park earlier.

You may only hold one BG at either 7am or 1pm. However, you can have one of those BG AND at EEH BG!

Having a BG does not guarantee you'll get to ride.

The notification you receive will show your return window, it gives you an hour. However, to date, no one has reported being turned away for showing up late for a BG.

A few people have reported issues (using the same account, and one getting logged out) and others have had no problems with multiple people in your MDE friends and family group trying for a BG at the same time.

You need to be quick. BG fill up within a second or two. Though some days it has been longer. People ask if it's better to use WiFi or data? Whichever is fastest for your device is what you will want to use.

What if the attraction breaks down? The following is an account from @ocdb8r1
If you use the virtual queue and are evacuated from the line or the ride during a breakdown, you are given a multi-purpose ILL (like the old special Fastpass+ they would hand out for the same reasons). This is good for you to return to Guardians at any time it reopens during the day OR can be used on most other attractions with a LL in Epcot. Had this happen a couple of weeks ago and forgot to screenshot the ride options, but it included anything I could think even possibly useful (Frozen and Remy).
This is so helpful! Thank you! I’m hoping to ride for the first time this week.

OR
4. Use Time.gov and at 6:59:59 or 12:59:59, or 5:59:59 and click the button at the bottom
5. Follow any prompts.
Since several have asked in various threads how the process worked, I suggest adding an addition to point #4 about opening the page for time.gov on a 2nd device. Really, the only way #4 helps or is of any benefit is to have 2 devices.

Ugh, 6:00 didn’t work either 😠 they were gone in seconds

As @Mrs.AMC suggested and quoted. Try time.gov on a separate device or the refresh method. I have found the refresh method works almost every time on my phone. I start hitting refresh repeatedly at 6:58:58 because my phone is more than one second off.

This is so helpful! Thank you! I’m hoping to ride for the first time this week.

You’re welcome! Good luck!!🍀

Since several have asked in various threads how the process worked, I suggest adding an addition to point #4 about opening the page for time.gov on a 2nd device. Really, the only way #4 helps or is of any benefit is to have 2 devices.

You’re right! I made the assumption people would use two devices. I’ll edit it to make it clear. Thank you!

Any thoughts on how long they'll continue the virtual queuing thing for? I quite like the idea, as long as I'm quick enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter