Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

What's been the typical wait time when you're in the physical queue? I was looking at Thrill Data and they've got wait times at 140+ minutes today, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or if it's some data for the virtual queue wait times. I don't mind walking around EPCOT for hours waiting for my virtual queue, but I'd sooner shell out the $15 for a quick line rather than a physical queue that is 120 minutes.

What's been the typical wait time when you're in the physical queue? I was looking at Thrill Data and they've got wait times at 140+ minutes today, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or if it's some data for the virtual queue wait times. I don't mind walking around EPCOT for hours waiting for my virtual queue, but I'd sooner shell out the $15 for a quick line rather than a physical queue that is 120 minutes.
I don't know what is typical but in our experience last week, we waited 20-40 minutes the three times we rode.

Approx 30 or so from the time you enter to the time you board. If there has been any delay that can expand a bit but no, it’s not excessive. No idea what they are measuring. It’s not time you enter till you ride though

On Saturday, I logged in exactly at 7:00:00, and I got BG 76. It was called at 12:16. I had to wait in the queue about 45 minutes. Missed my lunch reservation at Via Napoli but they seated me anyways. Great ride! VQ was stressful but glad I only had a 45 minute wait.

On Saturday we waited about 45 minutes in the physical queue. From what I’ve read here that’s a bit longer than normal.

🫤 I will be on an airplane and purchasing Wi-Fi. Best strategy . Thanksgiving Sunday 11/20.
My thoughts were try virtual at 7am , not sure to hit join or refresh at 6:59:59.
Then book Test track for desired time of 2-4 pm with Genie +
Then buy LL for GOTG .
Any advice appreciated
I did this and snagged Remy when it was virtual when it first opened….but GOTG seems more popular 🤷‍♀️

🫤 I will be on an airplane and purchasing Wi-Fi. Best strategy . Thanksgiving Sunday 11/20.
My thoughts were try virtual at 7am , not sure to hit join or refresh at 6:59:59.
Then book Test track for desired time of 2-4 pm with Genie +
Then buy LL for GOTG .
Any advice appreciated
I did this and snagged Remy when it was virtual when it first opened….but GOTG seems more popular 🤷‍♀️
You hit refresh at 6:59:59 so you can hit Join at 7:00:00

Hopped to Epcot and entered at basically 2:00 p.m. last Friday. Immediate sought a boarding group for 4. Return time was about 8:25 p.m. originally. I do not recall the boarding #. Virtual line was about 25-35 minutes in the 3 times we went Aug 25 - Sept 2.

We got BG 30 this morning. Estimated return time was initially 11:45 am - 12:45 pm. At 9:15 I get a message saying to report now! We were still at the Beach Club resort getting ready. Thankfully, that's really close to EPCOT so we made it to the ride with 10 minutes to spare. We only waited about 10-15 minutes tops from entering until we got to the pre-show. Not too long of a wait from the pre-show to boarding either. My wife and I both really enjoyed the ride!

We got BG 30 this morning. Estimated return time was initially 11:45 am - 12:45 pm. At 9:15 I get a message saying to report now! We were still at the Beach Club resort getting ready. Thankfully, that's really close to EPCOT so we made it to the ride with 10 minutes to spare. We only waited about 10-15 minutes tops from entering until we got to the pre-show. Not too long of a wait from the pre-show to boarding either. My wife and I both really enjoyed the ride!
For future reference, GotG VQ return times have not been enforced to date. As long as your BG has been called, you can show up anytime before the park closes and will be allowed to ride.

Joined 7:23am and got bg 76 last Tuesday. Was called at 1:45 and literally walked on into the waiting area. Was in and out of the ride in 20 mins. Amazing.

Got lucky last night! Got a BG at 7:30pm, and was called at 8pm. There was lightning all around the Disney area, but it didn’t storm where we were. I think the lightning caused lots of people to leave because it sure didn’t look good.

Anyone at Epcot today? I checked at around 1:45pm and the virtual queue was showing 330 minutes. Did they change the start time of the second virtual queue, or was it still available since 7am? EB76CF0C-E048-4883-AAAA-6F3160C1B6E7.png

Anyone at Epcot today? I checked at around 1:45pm and the virtual queue was showing 330 minutes. Did they change the start time of the second virtual queue, or was it still available since 7am? View attachment 700779
The second queue opens at 1:00, so you are seeing spots from that. The first queue still fills up really quickly, but the second queue has been staying open until late in the afternoon/evening.

The second queue opens at 1:00, so you are seeing spots from that. The first queue still fills up really quickly, but the second queue has been staying open until late in the afternoon/evening.
Thank you! I got confused with the 2pm parkhopping rule! So many times to keep track of with WDW these days! Is there somewhere that is tracking data on how quickly the virtual queues at 7am and 1pm fill up?

If I am lucky enough to get a VQ at 7am can I pick a time in the afternoon?? My DH has health issues and he sometimes isn't ready to venture out until the afternoon. Thanks so much. Can't wait to be back in the most magical place :tink:

If I am lucky enough to get a VQ at 7am can I pick a time in the afternoon?? My DH has health issues and he sometimes isn't ready to venture out until the afternoon. Thanks so much. Can't wait to be back in the most magical place :tink:
Post 1 of this thread has a lot of great information.

No, you will be assigned a virtual boarding group, you are not able to select a time or BG.

To date, nobody has reported a problem arriving late for their BG, even hours later than their BG was called. If I was in your situation I would try for a BG at 7am (if you have an Epcot park reservation) and then either go when it's called if you're in the park or if it's called before you arrive, go when you get to Epcot. You should have no problems at all.

Ok, I have a stupid question. I see the abbreviation DH all the time...what does it mean? Lots of abbreviations that I don't know, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter