• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

1. Would you recommend only one person in the group trying for a BG? Would it mess up with multiple people within the same party trying on different devices for a BG at 7 am?

2. Is rider-swap used on this ride? We have a small child in our party who is not tall enough. Should I even bother including him in the BG? Or can we still do rider-swap if we select adults only in MDE?
#2 - He can't even enter the queue if he's not tall enough so there's no reason at all to include him. Sometime before 7:00 prepare your party by selecting just those who plan to ride. Or technically you will deselect those who do not plan to ride. MDE will automatically select all in your party who have an Epcot reservation for that day. For the small child, uncheck their name

Which rides currently have virtual queues? I have seen conflicting info on line. Do they change often? I am going mid October. If you have a DAS pass do you need to do the 7am and 1pm virtual queue system for these attractions?

Which rides currently have virtual queues? I have seen conflicting info on line. Do they change often? I am going mid October. If you have a DAS pass do you need to do the 7am and 1pm virtual queue system for these attractions?
Your questions was merged with the Guardians of the Galaxy VQ thread as it is the only VQ attraction available at WDW.

There is no talk of it changing until probably Tron opens and an official date hasn’t been announced.

Post 1 has a lot of info about how the VQ works.

Asking friends about DAS.

Only Guardians: Cosmic Rewind has VQ presently. When a family member was using DAS last June, they did get a VQ Boarding Group but used the DAS to return via the Lightning Lane. His (and my) wait time was only ~10-15 minutes via the LL. Standby guests with a VQ BG were waiting 45-60 minutes. Not sure if it's required to get a VQ BG with DAS but that's what we did.

Only Guardians: Cosmic Rewind has VQ presently. When a family member was using DAS last June, they did get a VQ Boarding Group but used the DAS to return via the Lightning Lane. His (and my) wait time was only ~10-15 minutes via the LL. Standby guests with a VQ BG were waiting 45-60 minutes. Not sure if it's required to get a VQ BG with DAS but that's what we did.
Yes, learned that DAS guests do need to get VQ return time at either 7AM or 1PM.

As you noted, the difference is, when DAS VQ is called, DAS guests may use the LL return queue which is shorter wait time before boarding.

Yes, learned that DAS guests do need to get VQ return time at either 7AM or 1PM.

As you noted, the difference is, when DAS VQ is called, DAS guests may use the LL return queue which is shorter wait time before boarding.
Correct, you MUST have a VQ in order to ride and use DAS.

When you arrive for your time tell them you have a DAS. They sent us to another CM who did some kind of adjustments in the app, scanning us and then we were sent through the LL.

NOW you will miss the regular queue which is pretty cool. With the VQ the line moves non-stop and really isn't a long wait, at least when we did it. (End of July) You get to see the cool stuff before you merge with others for the preshows. Glad our first time we didn't use our DAS.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't think it was possible for the BG system to be even worse than I thought...

Wow, I didn't think it was possible for the BG system to be even worse than I thought...
I was the same as you and thought VQ would be fast once called but, paid ILL$ enter the LL and their wait is shorter. VQ guests still enter the standby queue which can be slowed depending on how many VQ guests arrive plus the number of ILL$ guests.

Glad I’ll be better prepared and not surprised for a longer VQ wait after reading this thread. If it’s not bad…bonus!!

Last edited:
Hi DaveyJones …want to give you some “Hope”
I figured out the VQ system and I do not know how to mobile order! Haha
You can do it if I can do it !
Do you have the 50th Anniversary APP on your phone?
Step 1 , 2, 3

465262D2-2E91-4800-B8CB-9B42926B42E6.png

B96F15AA-A8FE-41A4-A0A7-F1AB8EC1A3DD.png

3B778E2C-DC80-445A-897E-9D3A4A60E4BD.png

Good luck This attraction is worth the efforts!

Last edited:
If you're a Deluxe resort guest, can you get a 7am (or 1pm) BG and still be able to book a 6pm BG on the same day?

How long is the window for your boarding group when it's called? What if you get called for your boarding group and you have a dining reservation in 10 minutes? it sounds like you don't have any choice in what time you ride so I'm concerned because I have some bookings for restaurants. If you have the das pass does that mean you can go back whenever you want even hours later or do you still have to go back when your group is called?

How long is the window for your boarding group when it's called? What if you get called for your boarding group and you have a dining reservation in 10 minutes? it sounds like you don't have any choice in what time you ride so I'm concerned because I have some bookings for restaurants. If you have the das pass does that mean you can go back whenever you want even hours later or do you still have to go back when your group is called?
Once your BG has been called, you have until the park closes to tap in (although I wouldn’t wait until 1 minute before that time!). To date, there have been many reports here of guests being allowed to ride, even hours later. Sorry, I don’t know whether having a DAS pass affects that.

While I was also a bit surprised at how long the wait was, IMO this is a million times better than waiting 2,3,4+ hours to ride.

This is hands down the best ride I’ve ever been on.

Okay, but is 45-60 min. a typical or average wait time for the BGs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter