Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Yes you answered it. So you do have to scan in to Epcot.

But if MK was your first park and you didn’t scan in to Mk you would have to go to Guest relations and change the park pass I assume. With flight delays/cancellations/park passes selling out I’m sure people will encounter this.
Well, the FAQ on the first page of the thread answered it, LOL
Thankfully, park passes selling out is not a common/daily thing. Most of the time, you can swap on the fly
Likely advice would be avoid Epcot as your arrival day park if at all possible.
Then you don't have to worry about that part at least. Remove as many possible hurdles as you can.

Well, the FAQ on the first page of the thread answered it, LOL
Thankfully, park passes selling out is not a common/daily thing. Most of the time, you can swap on the fly
Likely advice would be avoid Epcot as your arrival day park if at all possible.
Then you don't have to worry about that part at least. Remove as many possible hurdles as you can.
We are going Christmas/New Years so I expect Epcot passes to sell out as well. With the flight fiasco in April and having to drive anyway we are planning on making the 20 hour drive this time and chose MK as our first park (with extended hours.).

We will also not park hop.

Hi there. New to this forum but long time Disney dad. I’ve tried to do a search as I’m sure it’s on here but still haven’t found my answer. We are headed to the Riviera on Oct 15th so things were getting a bit time critical. My question is. If we we want to have the best chances of getting Guardians should we try for an individual lightning lane before VQ ? i don’t mind spending the extra couple bucks ( I’d prefer not to but don’t mind). I was wondering if one has much better chance over the other. Thanks in advance and apologize again if this has been answered several times already.

Hi there. New to this forum but long time Disney dad. I’ve tried to do a search as I’m sure it’s on here but still haven’t found my answer. We are headed to the Riviera on Oct 15th so things were getting a bit time critical. My question is. If we we want to have the best chances of getting Guardians should we try for an individual lightning lane before VQ ? i don’t mind spending the extra couple bucks ( I’d prefer not to but don’t mind). I was wondering if one has much better chance over the other. Thanks in advance and apologize again if this has been answered several times already.
https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/epcot/guardiansofthegalaxycosmicrewind/

The LL was available for quite some time.

No, VQ first. Always.
Read post #1 for all the info/directions on the best way to get VQ spots.
ILL will be there after you grab your VQ

Last edited:
Yes, we were there two weeks ago. As long as you have an Epcot reservation, or a park hopper eligible pass and visited your first park with a reservation today, and are staying in a deluxe resort or villas you will be able to confirm your party at 5 pm. We got one and the boarding group was actually called before the end of regular park hours, before EEH. Good luck!
awesome. that's exactly what I came here to find out. so while at dinner I can setup my party at 5 and then refresh at 6. PM for the EEH. I have that right? as long as I tapped into a park or Epcot itself that day and in a villa (AKL jambo).

awesome. that's exactly what I came here to find out. so while at dinner I can setup my party at 5 and then refresh at 6. PM for the EEH. I have that right? as long as I tapped into a park or Epcot itself that day and in a villa (AKL jambo).
95% of the time, yes, this is correct. There is a known bug that hits some folks where they can't do it unless they've actually tapped into Epcot, but it seems to be uncommon and unpredictable. I doubt it's worth planning your day around. Probably just as likely to have this bug as to, say, have MDE force restart and make you log back in right when you're refreshing. Disney IT at it's finest!

95% of the time, yes, this is correct. There is a known bug that hits some folks where they can't do it unless they've actually tapped into Epcot, but it seems to be uncommon and unpredictable. I doubt it's worth planning your day around. Probably just as likely to have this bug as to, say, have MDE force restart and make you log back in right when you're refreshing. Disney IT at it's finest!
We are actually in Epcot that day so I will have tapped in the morning then leave later in day so that won’t affect me cause Epcot was my first park anyway?

I was up at 655 am on the 10th and was ready clicked in right at 7am. My boarding group was called at 340pm. I also did genie plus and right after getting guardians tried for test track and got a 350 test track. I then went on the app again at 555pm and clicked through right at 6pm for the deluxe after hours initial return time guessed 1045 but we were called back at 945. Def don’t trust the return window the second time round if doing the deluxe guest after hours que.

so if someone was flying in (or flight delays as often is the case now) and didn’t tap into Epcot, 95% of the time they will be able to try to get a GOTG VQ at 6pm?

I’ve seen people tap into another park has anyone tried not tapping into a park?

What’s the standby wait time like during those hours?

We are actually in Epcot that day so I will have tapped in the morning then leave later in day so that won’t affect me cause Epcot was my first park anyway?
ok cool. thanks for that. i lucked out with picking that as an epcot day not even knowing.

so if someone was flying in (or flight delays as often is the case now) and didn’t tap into Epcot, 95% of the time they will be able to try to get a GOTG VQ at 6pm?

I’ve seen people tap into another park has anyone tried not tapping into a park?

What’s the standby wait time like during those hours?
1. That’s how the email regarding EEH reads, it only says you have to have visited your park with a reservation if that reservation was not for Epcot, of course with a park hopper ticket/pass.

2. Can’t say, we visited another park that day. Like I said above, in theory you shouldn’t have to tap in if your reservation is for Epcot, any other park, yes, you will have had to tap into that park.

3. There is no standby queue for GotG, even during EEH. I asked the CM what happens if they got all the way through the BG’s. He said they space out the BG’s to assure that doesn’t happens. I can say, when we rode it was just before regular park hours were over, Harmonious was about to start and there was almost no one in the queue/pre show. When we got on the ride vehicle we were in the very back (ALWAYS!) and some others were in the front, the rest of the seats were empty. It didn’t stay that way I’m sure, but it was the transition from regular hours to EEH and people with BG for EEH were likely watching the show. They must have then ran to GotG as the entrance was a bit of a madhouse as we came off the ride. All that said, I’m not saying there’s never been a standby queue, I just wouldn’t count on it.

Last edited:
1. That’s how the email regarding EEH reads, it only says you have to have visited your park with a reservation if that reservation was not for Epcot, of course with a park hopper ticket/pass.

2. Can’t say, we visited another park that day. Like I said above, in theory you shouldn’t have to tap in if your reservation is for Epcot, any other park, yes, you will have had to tap into that park.

3. There is no standby queue for GotG, even during EEH. I asked the CM what happens if they got all the way through the BG’s. He said they space out the BG’s to assure that doesn’t happens. I can say, when we rode it was just before regular park hours were over, Harmonious was about to start and there was almost no one in the queue/pre show. When we got on the ride vehicle we were in the very back (ALWAYS!) and some others were in the front, the rest of the seats were empty. It didn’t stay that way I’m sure, but it was the transition from regular hours to EEH and people with BG for EEH were likely watching the show. They must have then ran to GotG as the entrance was a bit of a madhouse as we came off the ride. All that said, I’m not saying there’s never been a standby queue, I just wouldn’t count on it.
So is there a second drop of BGs if everyone gets through the line?

So is there a second drop of BGs if everyone gets through the line?
For EMH? Not happened. They issue enough that they know it will extend through EMH
it’s operated long enough they know the max number of guests per hour
if they get through less it runs over
if it’s really bad and they can’t get through them all in a reasonable time beyond EMH then you’ll miss out
they say a BG is not a guarantee to ride

Last edited:
I have a question about when to refresh your screen to get a return time. When I pull down the screen it takes about 2 seconds for the screen to come back so I refreshed at 6:59:58 but it took about 20 seconds for the screen to pop back up and all the 7am ones were gone. I’m leaving in 10 days so figured I’d start ”practicing”. I know at the parks the Wi-Fi stinks but I’m at home and have a great connection here. I know I can probably get the 1:00 one but I can’t practice that one unless I’m in the park. Thanks for any help!

I have a question about when to refresh your screen to get a return time. When I pull down the screen it takes about 2 seconds for the screen to come back so I refreshed at 6:59:58 but it took about 20 seconds for the screen to pop back up and all the 7am ones were gone. I’m leaving in 10 days so figured I’d start ”practicing”. I know at the parks the Wi-Fi stinks but I’m at home and have a great connection here. I know I can probably get the 1:00 one but I can’t practice that one unless I’m in the park. Thanks for any help!
It somewhat depends on the quality of your internet, along with your technique. Do a speed test to find which is faster that given morning. I found our cell service was always faster than Disney’s resort Wi-Fi, but their ping was lower. We always had my wife and I trying, she on cell service pushing the button, me on Wi-Fi pulling the screen. If you are going to pull to refresh, pull down and hold it down until it’s time to release to refresh.

Maybe it was my technique, maybe it was the cell service, but 75% of the time she would get the BG before me. Some recommend to release your pull down at 6:59:59, but I found when I did that it always was just a split second too early and I’d have to pull again at 7:00:01. So I started trying to release it as soon as Time.gov hit 7:00:00 on third device. That seemed to work better for me, but in the end she almost consistently was out doing me with the button push on cell service.

Whether it’s 7am or 1pm I’m fairly confident you’ll get to ride each day you want to. Good luck!

Last edited:
I was up at 655 am on the 10th and was ready clicked in right at 7am. My boarding group was called at 340pm. I also did genie plus and right after getting guardians tried for test track and got a 350 test track. I then went on the app again at 555pm and clicked through right at 6pm for the deluxe after hours initial return time guessed 1045 but we were called back at 945. Def don’t trust the return window the second time round if doing the deluxe guest after hours que.

So you were able to get a boarding group from the morning drop, the deluxe evening extra hours drop (which is awesome by the way! great job!) - but in theory could a person ALSO buy a ILL for it and ride a THIRD time in one day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter