Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

So you were able to get a boarding group from the morning drop, the deluxe evening extra hours drop (which is awesome by the way! great job!) - but in theory could a person ALSO buy a ILL for it and ride a THIRD time in one day?
Yes, as written on the first page!

Thanks ... it just wasn't clear to me how the deluxe evening extra hours plays into it. Appreciate it!
Personally, I couldn’t ride it three times in a day. While I love the attraction, the intensity is once in a day and done. Most visits to Epcot, we skip it entirely. My son could easily do 3 rides in a day. My dh is same as me.

Personally, I couldn’t ride it three times in a day. While I love the attraction, the intensity is once in a day and done. Most visits to Epcot, we skip it entirely. My son could easily do 3 rides in a day. My dh is same as me.
Oh no! It's really that intense? well, I will bring my Dramamine! :P
We have two teen boys with us, so I am positive they will want the maximum amount of rides. These are kids who will ride Everest 5 times back-to-back! (that one is a one per day for me! 😉)

thanks for the heads up!

We have two teen boys with us, so I am positive they will want the maximum amount of rides. These are kids who will ride Everest 5 times back-to-back! (that one is a one per day for me! 😉)

thanks for the heads up!
For most, no, it's not intense. It's a smooth ride without big drops. It's just got that launch
For anyone with any issues with motion issues? Yes, it does tend to get to anyone with motion issues. Even slight ones.
It's because of the twist and forward at the same time, I think. It's smooth but you do dual movements throughout much of the ride, with screens to look at, so it can overload the equilibrium and senses at the same time. I can see how that could trigger motion issues with folks. It must have something about it that can really target whatever that little bone in the inner ear is.

thanks for the heads up!
It affects many people differently. If you so a search on this board or read through titles you will find posts re:motion sickness.

Today I achieved the most success I've ever had with virtual queue sign-up. I was up at 6:50 am, selected my group (which was just me), and got time.gov going in a separate window. At 6:59:50, I switched back to MDE and mentally counted down the next nine seconds before hitting the Refresh button. Upon pressing Join, I was told I was in BG 2 and in fact my group was 'called' at 8:17 am, when the off-site people were still waiting to be let into the main part of the park.

I really should have used a second device for time.gov, I suppose, but that early in the morning I just don't have the motivation to make a big production out of it. For the last few minutes before 7:00, I counted ten-second intervals along with time.gov to get into the rhythm of it. I also noticed that my data connection out here (one of the new-ish hotels in the Flamingo Crossing area) was nearly a dead zone, so the hotel wi-fi was crucial for success.

Today I achieved the most success I've ever had with virtual queue sign-up. I was up at 6:50 am, selected my group (which was just me), and got time.gov going in a separate window. At 6:59:50, I switched back to MDE and mentally counted down the next nine seconds before hitting the Refresh button. Upon pressing Join, I was told I was in BG 2 and in fact my group was 'called' at 8:17 am, when the off-site people were still waiting to be let into the main part of the park.

I really should have used a second device for time.gov, I suppose, but that early in the morning I just don't have the motivation to make a big production out of it. For the last few minutes before 7:00, I counted ten-second intervals along with time.gov to get into the rhythm of it. I also noticed that my data connection out here (one of the new-ish hotels in the Flamingo Crossing area) was nearly a dead zone, so the hotel wi-fi was crucial for success.
Congratulations! Enjoy!

If I’m understanding the thrill data site correctly, the $ILL generally has availability to purchase through most of the morning, correct? So if we aren’t successful with the virtual que we should be able to purchase $ILL? We are staying at Disney’s Vero Beach resort so I’m not sure if that’s considered on site or not.

If I’m understanding the thrill data site correctly, the $ILL generally has availability to purchase through most of the morning, correct? So if we aren’t successful with the virtual que we should be able to purchase $ILL? We are staying at Disney’s Vero Beach resort so I’m not sure if that’s considered on site or not.
ILL does last must longer in the day.

Quick update to our first Epcot day. My daughter and I had our phones booted up at 650. We shut our Wi-Fi off and confirmed with an internet speed test that our cellular data was faster than the Riviera‘s Wi-Fi. My wife pulled up the NIST clock and and gave us a countdown “:30 seconds left, :15 seconds left…..then 55, 56, 57, 58, 59”. At :59 we hit refresh on both devices. I was grabbing the Guardians virtual que and my daughter a Test Track lightning lane through Genie+. She was able to grab Test Track @925. I got virtual que group 20 for approx 10:21. I then went back in and grabbed Guardians Individual Lightning Lanes at 8:45-945. We had no real plan to get these time slots but it all worked out. We rope dropped the International Gateway and rode Remmy’s. We were able to grab Frozen on a 12 minute wait right after. After Frozen we walked to Guardians where we hit our ILL. We then went to Test Track for our lightning lane. Our Guardians virtual que updated to an hour earlier so we walked right back after TT and rode Guardians again. all of this was done by 1015.

We rope dropped the International Gateway and rode Remmy’s. We were able to grab Frozen on a 12 minute wait right after.
Quick question as we plan on attempting the Remmy/Frozen double as well entering from IG. What time (approx) did you get to the IG and about how far back were you from tapstiles?

Quick question as we plan on attempting the Remmy/Frozen double as well entering from IG. What time (approx) did you get to the IG and about how far back were you from tapstiles?
Yesterday we arrived at IG at about 7:40. Made it over to France where they held us till about 7:50. Moved continuously from there and boarded ride at 8:01.

Great question. We are staying at the Riviera so had close access to the Skyliner. We boarded the Skyliner at 715 which put us at the International Gateway around 730. When we were let in ( a little before 8a ) we were about 1/3 down from the lead of the group. We were by no means in the back but again had about 1/3 of the group ahead of us. It’s important to note that we were on the fence about going to Frozen because as we exited Remmy’s a wait time of 25 minutes was posted and we we’re unnecessarily worried about our connect to our lightning lane. Another guest told us it wasn’t going to be near 25……they said it would be more like 12 minutes. It ended up being 13. The line at frozen moved the entire time and went quick. Hope this helps

Hey all! I am heading to Orlando for a conference the week after Thanksgiving. I am flying into MCO on Monday and should land around 2:30pm. I’m planning to do Epcot that day to watch the Candlelight Processional for the first time. But - I would love to do as many rides as I can too! :)

Since I won’t get to EPCOT until late in the day, I’m wondering if I should do the ILL$ for GotG. I could try at the 7am slot and decide then if I don’t get it - or some other strategy? Thoughts?

Hey all! I am heading to Orlando for a conference the week after Thanksgiving. I am flying into MCO on Monday and should land around 2:30pm. I’m planning to do Epcot that day to watch the Candlelight Processional for the first time. But - I would love to do as many rides as I can too! :)

Since I won’t get to EPCOT until late in the day, I’m wondering if I should do the ILL$ for GotG. I could try at the 7am slot and decide then if I don’t get it - or some other strategy? Thoughts?
I would recommend trying for a VQ as the return time is not reinforced so you can return anytime at all after your group is called.

If you don’t get a 7AM VQ you could try again as soon as you land but, the 1:00’s may be gone by then.

If it were me if I was not successful at 7AM I think I’d purchase an ILL$ if you really want to ride.

I would recommend trying for a VQ as the return time is not reinforced so you can return anytime at all after your group is called.

If you don’t get a 7AM VQ you could try again as soon as you land but, the 1:00’s may be gone by then.

If it were me if I was not successful at 7AM I think I’d purchase an ILL$ if you really want to ride.
Yep. 100%
we are flying down next Sunday to do HHN Halloween night
I got a reservation for Epcot on Sunday
will try for a VQ Sunday
gonna run over there after we land

Yep. 100%
we are flying down next Sunday to do HHN Halloween night
I got a reservation for Epcot on Sunday
will try for a VQ Sunday
gonna run over there after we land
We did this last Saturday. Got a VQ while at home. Flew to MCO at 3. Landed at 6:30. Drove to BCV at 7:30 and straight to GOG at 8:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter