• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Went through the chat, back and forth, for an hour to be told to try to stop by guest relations. Sigh.

Hello!

Our first day in the parks is a Monday in June. Our flight lands in Orlando at 9am. We will get to shades of green and then head to Epcot.

If they keep the schedule we will have extended hours.

Riding guardians and Remy are top priorities. Not worried about Remy as we can always do stand by. I am hoping the VQ for guardians is gone by then but some say it's staying.

We will be on a plane at 7am. I can't express to you how much I loath the 7am rule as a Disneyland goer but it is what it is.

Is it realistic to think that if the VQ is still around that we would be successful with the 1pm or 6pm drop? This is me assuming individual lightning lanes are gone by the time I can get logged in. Southwest WiFi is sooo iffy..

Thanks!

Hello!

Our first day in the parks is a Monday in June. Our flight lands in Orlando at 9am. We will get to shades of green and then head to Epcot.

Riding guardians and Remy are top priorities. Not worried about Remy as we can always do stand by. I am hoping the VQ for guardians is gone by then but some say it's staying.

We will be on a plane at 7am. I can't express to you how much I loath the 7am rule as a Disneyland goer but it is what it is.

Is it realistic to think that if the VQ is still around that we would be successful with the 1pm or 6pm drop? This is me assuming individual lightning lanes are gone by the time I can get logged in. Southwest WiFi is sooo iffy..

Thanks!
You should easily get the 1pm VQ - that stays open typically until after 2pm. Also ILLs for GOTG often stick around for a while too, especially since off-property folks can't buy them until park open.

These are not outlandish goals and I think you'll be just fine - wifi failure or not!

Hello!

Thanks!
You can try for a 1PM or 6PM. The other unknown though is if GotG will still be a VQ once Tron opens.

This detail has not been announced yet.

Last edited:

Thanks all. I'm just nervous about it. I would
Prefer to just fly in and have just a travel day but the flights for Sunday are hundreds more plus the additional hotel cost and this trip is already a budget trip. I'm sure it will work out.

I developed a great deal of empathy for out of state visitors after my experience with the VQ last week. I counted down using the second hand to 7am and clicked right at 7. Everything was full in a nano second! I thought immediately how dissapointing this would be if this were my EPCOT day before flying home.

For the afternoon I counted down and clicked 3 seconds before 1pm on my Apple Watch, we got a group for 7pm. Disboard posts suggest making sure you are on WDW wifi improve your chances. I used a laptop on the resort wifi in the morning and my iPhone connected to WDW guest wifi inside EPCOT for the 1pm. Good luck!

As scrappinkginontario speculated GotG may not be A VQ after the Tron general opening next month.
The advice is to use time.gov and click at 6:59:59 (not 7:00:00). I used this method and got boarding group 98. It’s amazing how fast they go.

Here I am again, another morning up at 630 am to get the same message that it won’t allow me to select my party. After spending time with the guest relations people assuring me this would not happen again…

Here I am again, another morning up at 630 am to get the same message that it won’t allow me to select my party. After spending time with the guest relations people assuring me this would not happen again…
I can’t imagine how frustrating and disappointing this is! How did it go at 7AM?

I can’t imagine how frustrating and disappointing this is! How did it go at 7AM?
Couldn’t get to the screen to confirm my party. Started talking to someone at 630 on chat… still talking… but obviously missed the chance to even enroll in the VQ again.

I’m not Disney tech but it seems to me that my app is having issues recognizing my park reservations until I physically scan in to the park. The issue disappears after that.

so did they just tell you to try at 1 pm and they can see that today is the only day you will be here?

They probably didn’t and can’t fix the underlying issue because it’s not worth their time or they can’t find the issue like the mysterious frozen ADR issue-I was asked to pay the no show and then dispute the charge (and formally open a ticket so if they see enough of them they will take action-per CM). For ROTR (when it was a VQ) I was told you have another HS day and GET is not IT.

Did you send the screenshot as proof? This is where I think they should at least try to make it up by giving a ME for another ride at least.

Last edited:
Also, my MDE sometimes won’t recognize I have tickets so I open the myplans page in safari/website for ADRs. I think the system does a check and times out before it can verify, so close out all other apps.

Couldn’t get to the screen to confirm my party. Started talking to someone at 630 on chat… still talking… but obviously missed the chance to even enroll in the VQ again.
So, ended on the chat for a little over two hours this morning. At some point they must have transferred me to someone else because the way they typed/spoke was obviously different.

Whoever that was was able to confirm that i had spoken to guest relations on our earlier Epcot morning and encountered the same issue. After running through all that they issued us any time passes for guardians for our entire party today which was really hugely appreciated.

The ride is really awesome. I didn’t enjoy being the squeaky wheel and consistently restating my displeasure on the app chat but ultimately it was worth the time.

So, ended on the chat for a little over two hours this morning. At some point they must have transferred me to someone else because the way they typed/spoke was obviously different.

Whoever that was was able to confirm that i had spoken to guest relations on our earlier Epcot morning and encountered the same issue. After running through all that they issued us any time passes for guardians for our entire party today which was really hugely appreciated.

The ride is really awesome. I didn’t enjoy being the squeaky wheel and consistently restating my displeasure on the app chat but ultimately it was worth the time.
I am so glad that worked out for you all! It hovers at my #1 or #2 ride. That’s awesome!

Saw today that as of 1130 Disney time there is still ILL available for guardians. Kinda surprised! Genie+ price is down today too. This makes me feel better about my arrival day Epcot plan.

If I have a boarding group for everyone in my family and my DH decides he's changed his mind and no longer wants to ride, is it possible to remove someone from the boarding group without deleting everyone else from the BG?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter