Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Thanks for the replies so far. I just want to be sure that I will be in the park early enough (if they happen to start calling prior to extended evening hours).

If you are pixie dusted a free pass to GotG, can you still VQ or will it erase the freebie?

Oh man- we will be at EPCOT during our Magic Kingdom deluxe extended hours, and was hoping to watch the Fireworks at Epcot, then head to MK... Are they flexible at all with TRON boarding groups in situations like that? Or do we head to MK as soon as we can? We have dinner reservations at 6:30 pm at San Angel.

Oh man- we will be at EPCOT during our Magic Kingdom deluxe extended hours, and was hoping to watch the Fireworks at Epcot, then head to MK... Are they flexible at all with TRON boarding groups in situations like that? Or do we head to MK as soon as we can? We have dinner reservations at 6:30 pm at San Angel.
Historically TRON return times are strictly enforced. Some report being allowed to ride if they can prove they were at an ADR when they’re VQ but even that is not guaranteed.

On Easter Sunday I was able to get a boarding group for my son with the 1pm drop for Tron. He was marching in the parade with his marching band and his group was called. He rushed over as soon as he was able to but it was just a little bit past his time. He nicely explained why he was late. They did let him in and also his friend that was with him that did not have a boarding group.

Has anyone joined the virtual queue this week and been able to ride Tron at night? If so.. what time did you join? With the 1pm virtual queue running out of spots between 2:30 and 2:40pm for the last 4 days we're not sure when we should try to join (we understand past performance does not dictate future performance, and also understand the risk of missing joining the VQ to try and get a night ride, etc etc)

the first groups usually get called between 10-20 minutes before official park opening during early park entry.

We were called right before 9.
Is there a limited return time? I know people have said you need to show up on your return time or be turned away. If memory serves with VQ for cosmic rewind we just had an open-ended time. Would like to get on some rides during early entry, How late will they accept us into the queue for BG1?

Is there a limited return time? I know people have said you need to show up on your return time or be turned away. If memory serves with VQ for cosmic rewind we just had an open-ended time. Would like to get on some rides during early entry, How late will they accept us into the queue for BG1?
TRON return times are strictly enforced. They will not accept late arrivals and many guests have reported being turned away. Regardless of when a VQ is initially 'anticipated' to be called, if they call you and your return time is 1:30 - 2:30, they will not accept you if you arrive late. The one exception to this (and even this is not consistent) is if a guest can prove they were at an ADR at the time their VQ was called. The CM may allow them to ride if it's within a reasonable time that they arrive but some have reported being turned away.

The same holds true with purchased ILL$. A guest must return within their 1 hour return window to be allowed to ride TRON.

This has been the practice for TRON since the very first day of soft opening and is highlighted in the posts on page 1.

TRON return times are strictly enforced. They will not accept late arrivals and many guests have reported being turned away. Regardless of when a VQ is initially 'anticipated' to be called, if they call you and your return time is 1:30 - 2:30, they will not accept you if you arrive late. The one exception to this (and even this is not consistent) is if a guest can prove they were at an ADR at the time their VQ was called. The CM may allow them to ride if it's within a reasonable time that they arrive but some have reported being turned away.

The same holds true with purchased ILL$. A guest must return within their 1 hour return window to be allowed to ride TRON.

This has been the practice for TRON since the very first day of soft opening and is highlighted in the posts on page 1.
Thank you, yes I understand this exactly. So are the boarding groups called back in one-hour blocks or a single time slot? As in boarding group 1 is called at 9:00 am (open-ended like guardians?) 9:00-10:00 am, or 9:00-9:20 am? what is the typical time frame of a return window for a virtual queue boarding group? or do they just say boarding now and you have to get there in ? minutes.

Thank you, yes I understand this exactly. So are the boarding groups called back in one-hour blocks or a single time slot? As in boarding group 1 is called at 9:00 am (open-ended like guardians?) 9:00-10:00 am, or 9:00-9:20 am? what is the typical time frame of a return window for a virtual queue boarding group? or do they just say boarding now and you have to get there in ? minutes.

During soft open when my BG was called the app said to arrive by a certain time about an hour in the future. I got updates throughout the day so when my BG was called it was not a surprise.

For tron you have an hour to return after your group is called. It will tell you on the app notification and VQ screen in the app once it’s been called what time you have to rerun by.

When your VQ is called you will have 1 hour to tap into the line. It will be listed on the app. If you do not tap in to TRON within that hour your VQ will have expired and you will not be able to ride.

TRON does NOT have an open ended return time.

I am starting to poke around on MDE in preparation for my Sept visit. It appears the Tron 1:00 VQ is still available at 3:13, as the join queue button is there. Am I reading that correctly?

Has anyone joined the virtual queue this week and been able to ride Tron at night? If so.. what time did you join? With the 1pm virtual queue running out of spots between 2:30 and 2:40pm for the last 4 days we're not sure when we should try to join (we understand past performance does not dictate future performance, and also understand the risk of missing joining the VQ to try and get a night ride, etc etc)
My family tried at 1pm, got BG 149. Thrill Data est return 9:55pm. Actual: 8:13pm.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter