Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I was shocked, we just tried to join VQ for Guardians right at 7 and didn’t get it. Is it still really that popular? We purchased the ILL, which will be good from a time standpoint, but sucks from a budget standpoint.
Yes it is still extremely popular and as you experienced, the 7AM drop fills almost instantly most days. More people report success at 1 PM so if you’d like to ride twice you may wish to try again at 1 PM.

It’s an amazing ride! Enjoy!

Thanks, I have ridden it before and I agree, it is awesome! I’m just shocked because we have never not gotten a VQ at 7am, but I guess I have never gone before on a CP day where NPH is the celebrity. I kind of feel like I am walking into a lions den with crowds today. 😱

How has the Tron VQ at 1 pm been on party nights? I know there has to be a lot less time slots with the park closing at 6. We have never had an issue pulling the 1 pm VQ in the past but Im worried they go in a millisecond on party nights. If anyone has a recent experience of advice I would apprecaite it!

How has the Tron VQ at 1 pm been on party nights? I know there has to be a lot less time slots with the park closing at 6. We have never had an issue pulling the 1 pm VQ in the past but Im worried they go in a millisecond on party nights. If anyone has a recent experience of advice I would apprecaite it!
VQs are lasting longer on party days but I would not recommend delaying trying to get one. You may wish to look at Thrill-Data.com as they track the data you’re looking for.

The most-relevant thrill-data page can be found here: https://www.thrill-data.com/news/disney-world-boarding-group-availability-tracker/

It looks like recent times have varied from "seconds" (Dec. 3) to "3+ hours" (Nov. 30).

We will be arriving at MCO at 6:30 p.m. on December 28. We originally weren't planning on going to the parks until the next morning, but since Disney recently extended the MK hours on the 28th until midnight, we're now planning on heading to MK that night--probably around 9:00p after dinner at our hotel.

I hope to buy an Individual Lightning Lane for Tron. But I would also love to do the virtual que. Is it at all possible that I could make it work? We would have to do the 7:00 VQ, since we won't be in the park (or even the state) at 1:00.

If this were Guardians, it seems that we could show up at 10:00 p.m., regardless of whether our boarding group had been called much earlier in the day. But with Tron, they don't give you that grace period. Is there any chance that someone could end up getting a BG in the 7:00 VQ that doesn't get called until after 9:00 p.m.? Or will they only be calling BGs assigned at in the 1:00 VQ by then?

So I'm doing an Epcot day with my boyfriend's family and his dad is buying us the tickets. We'll end up being a pretty large group, and they all definitely want to ride Cosmic Rewind. None of them are Disney people or know how the app works or anything, so I'd definitely be more confident in all of us riding Cosmic Rewind if I was able to book the Virtual Queue. I'm really used to doing this with my family, who have been on my MDE app forever, and now I'm trying to figure out what will be the easiest way to do this.

Will I be able to put their tickets onto my app?

Would I be able to scan all of us into the ride on my phone if that was the app I did the virtual queue on, and then they wouldn't have to make accounts on their phone, or should I make sure each person has the app on their phone?

Would I be able to not have their tickets on my app, and instead just add their profiles to my party? Would I be able to do that without having the tickets???

I'm a little stressed about this haha. Anyone done a VQ with a large group that ISNT a group of children you're already responsible for the tickets of?

Edit: I see there's a code to add people to the Friends and Family list on your app? So this would allow me to schedule our Virtual Queue, but then everyone would be able to use their own phones to scan into the ride?

If I decided to buy Genie+ for everyone, would I be able to do it that way as well?

If I wore my magic band, would I be able to scan everyone in to the line or would each of them still have to use their own magic mobile to get in?

Last edited:
Each person should have an MDE account, with their own tickets linked in the account (and even their Disney resort res linked, if staying onsite). Then you would add them to your F&F, and you could handle things like VQs and G+/LL for the group. Even more ideally, each person in the group would have a Magic Band linked in their MDE to use to scan into the parks, scan into the VQ, scan into the G+/LL, and unlock their Disney resort door. But without a MB, they can get a card in lieu of the MB that they can do all that, as well. You will NOT be able to scan everyone into the park or into a VQ/LL - everyone scans their own MB or card. I know we have used our phones to unlock our room. I'm not familiar with the idea of using the phone to scan into the park or VQ - not sure if or how that might work.

Last week, we very easily handled a F&F group of 8 of us, in different rooms, linked by F&F, and got the VQ for Tron. Not a problem - but everyone had their own account, and I handled the reservations based on F&F.

Hope that might help a little. You're taking on a lot, especially with a group unfamiliar with Disney tech. Take it a step at a time, have each person have their own account/tickets, and you'll be able to work through the details! Good luck and have an awesome trip!!

So I'm doing an Epcot day with my boyfriend's family and his dad is buying us the tickets. We'll end up being a pretty large group, and they all definitely want to ride Cosmic Rewind. None of them are Disney people or know how the app works or anything, so I'd definitely be more confident in all of us riding Cosmic Rewind if I was able to book the Virtual Queue. I'm really used to doing this with my family, who have been on my MDE app forever, and now I'm trying to figure out what will be the easiest way to do this.

Will I be able to put their tickets onto my app?

Would I be able to scan all of us into the ride on my phone if that was the app I did the virtual queue on, and then they wouldn't have to make accounts on their phone, or should I make sure each person has the app on their phone?

Would I be able to not have their tickets on my app, and instead just add their profiles to my party? Would I be able to do that without having the tickets???

I'm a little stressed about this haha. Anyone done a VQ with a large group that ISNT a group of children you're already responsible for the tickets of?

Edit: I see there's a code to add people to the Friends and Family list on your app? So this would allow me to schedule our Virtual Queue, but then everyone would be able to use their own phones to scan into the ride?

If I decided to buy Genie+ for everyone, would I be able to do it that way as well?

If I wore my magic band, would I be able to scan everyone in to the line or would each of them still have to use their own magic mobile to get in?
Post 1 contains a lot of helpful information.

How many is a 'large group' of people? We were easily able to get a VQ for our group of 10.

If you're all linked via MDE, one person will be able to try for all. We did this. One day I was successful for our group, another day it was my friend.

You cannot sign everyone in using your MagicBand. If you are all linked together you can purchase Genie+ for all but would also need to pay for all.

I am honestly sick and tired of being forced to wake up at 7:00am on my vacation to do this.
Yes! And, if you are using Genie+ or buying Individual Lightning Lanes, you need to need to get up at 7:00 for those as well. If we're not going to have advanced reservations --- like FastPass+ --- at least have these things happen either (a) right at park opening; or (b) at a reasonable hour the night before, like 9:00 p.m.

Just a heads up if you do secure a boarding group at 7am or 1pm, this does not mean that when you enter the queue at your designated time you will have a low wait time to get to the actual boarding area. Today, we had boarding group 62 and were called around 12:30pm and waited 60 minutes until we got on the actual ride vehicle. We had purchased a ILL with a return time of 11:15-12-15pm and entered the queue just after noon and rode with very little wait. They definitely prioritize the ILL guests in my opinion.

Just a heads up if you do secure a boarding group at 7am or 1pm, this does not mean that when you enter the queue at your designated time you will have a low wait time to get to the actual boarding area. Today, we had boarding group 62 and were called around 12:30pm and waited 60 minutes until we got on the actual ride vehicle. We had purchased a ILL with a return time of 11:15-12-15pm and entered the queue just after noon and rode with very little wait. They definitely prioritize the ILL guests in my opinion.
Yes, this is as designed. ILL$ always gets priority.

VQ wait time varies greatly based on when your VQ is called and how many return at the same time. We rode GotG via VQ 7 times last Aug. Our lowest wait time was about 10 mins. Our longest 75. The average based on many sharing here is 30-45 mins once joining the line.

Horribly thought out system. So - if you were lucky enough to get a VQ for prior to 1pm - congratulations! You're also now in prime position to get another VQ at 1pm! But for those who got a VQ that doesn't end up getting called until later in the day - guess what? You're also going to be punished by not being able to get a 2nd VQ.

This makes no logical sense whatsoever. You should not be put in a worse situation than other guests simply because you got a later VQ boarding group. Either everyone should be on similar footing at 1pm OR, if you wanted to be really fair, give priority at 1pm to people who did not have any VQ that day already whether used or not.

Getting a later VQ is already bad enough as it ties you into a park for longer than you may have wanted to begin with - why punish them further by preventing them from trying for a 2nd VQ when everyone who already rode their VQ earlier gets to try for one.

They understood this concept with LL allowing people to make their next reservation no more than 2 hours after their last one so that someone with late return time doesn't get punished for that. How did they not see this is really not much different.

Horribly thought out system. So - if you were lucky enough to get a VQ for prior to 1pm - congratulations! You're also now in prime position to get another VQ at 1pm! But for those who got a VQ that doesn't end up getting called until later in the day - guess what? You're also going to be punished by not being able to get a 2nd VQ.

This makes no logical sense whatsoever. You should not be put in a worse situation than other guests simply because you got a later VQ boarding group. Either everyone should be on similar footing at 1pm OR, if you wanted to be really fair, give priority at 1pm to people who did not have any VQ that day already whether used or not.

Getting a later VQ is already bad enough as it ties you into a park for longer than you may have wanted to begin with - why punish them further by preventing them from trying for a 2nd VQ when everyone who already rode their VQ earlier gets to try for one.

They understood this concept with LL allowing people to make their next reservation no more than 2 hours after their last one so that someone with late return time doesn't get punished for that. How did they not see this is really not much different.
At least now guests can hop and try for the 1PM drop. There were not many guests who were able to secure more than one VQ in a day. I’m not sure this is much different than the current chances to get 2 in a day.

At least now guests can hop and try for the 1PM drop. There were not many guests who were able to secure more than one VQ in a day. I’m not sure this is much different than the current chances to get 2 in a day
Yes - those who miss out on getting a VQ on anything at the 7am drop will have more flexibility at 1pm.

But I disagree that it's not much different than the current chances. For many people you are correct - they will still have a very small chance to get 2 in one day.

But there is one (not insignificantly sized group) that sees a HUGE increased chance of getting 2 in a day - the group who got an early boarding group on their first VQ. They were already lucky enough once to get an early VQ and won't have to plan their entire day around the VQ time. Why are they getting another bite at the apple over someone who clicked their screen a millisecond later at 7am and got a high boarding group?

Yes - those who miss out on getting a VQ on anything at the 7am drop will have more flexibility at 1pm.

But I disagree that it's not much different than the current chances. For many people you are correct - they will still have a very small chance to get 2 in one day.

But there is one (not insignificantly sized group) that sees a HUGE increased chance of getting 2 in a day - the group who got an early boarding group on their first VQ. They were already lucky enough once to get an early VQ and won't have to plan their entire day around the VQ time. Why are they getting another bite at the apple over someone who clicked their screen a millisecond later at 7am and got a high boarding group?
Same way most people who get Slinky start with a 2 hour cooldown on Genie+ while a few lucky people get a return time early morning and get a head start on booking their next one. It’s just a roll of the dice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter