Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

NOOOOO!! I'm all caught up. I just found you, well about 5 hours ago lol. I cannot wait to read more! When I started reading I fell in love because your British (I think we all just love the accent) Then the relationship between you and your brother is amazing. It's good to be that close to your family. I love the way you write and we are so alike. Disney brings tears to my eyes also (especially wishes). Then you go posting stuff with David Tennant on it....now I want to be your best friend. LOL (If this makes me sound crazy...I apologize)

Keep it coming!

I have noooo idea how I missed your updates and fell so far behind, aaaack!! All caught up now though, whew.

Owww yeeeah what dogs do you have?! My parents have a Weimaraner (who I obviously still refer to as MY dog!) called Stanley, he's gorrrrgeous and I'm so obsessed with him!! :lovestruc :dog2: :lovestruc I think he could be a model dog, but maybe I'm biased :rolleyes: If you love dogs you'd love this show for sure :goodvibes

Awww Weimaraners are so fun!! We have two mixed breeds... Vinny is a German Shepherd/Shar-pei and Harley is a German Shepherd/Chow Chow/Akita plus something short and long! I would post a picture of them because I can never brag enough but I still have zero idea how to load pictures on here:rotfl:

And we caught them at the most adorable moment, because their handler stopped them and made them look left and right, and hold hands when crossing the street!
Like true Wilderness Explorers!

This is the CUTEST!!!

While we were in line I told Jamie this is another ride I think is too scary for children.
He disagreed, saying he wouldn’t have been scared of this as a kid…

I definitely agree, I still scream like a little girl on this ride... I love it!! Plus I went with my nieces last year who are 5 and 8 and they were both absolutely terrified!! My Mom was as well...:rotfl2:

The girl behind me is SO done with this $h*t!

Cracking. Up. Her face is the best!

24923442913_593a9200c7_b.jpg

I love this picture! So fun

Hooooow did you get these amazing lion pictures?! So jealous! I feel like I can usually see the ear of maybe one lion as they're laying on a rock. Apparently I need to go when it's raining!!

Today was a special occasion, because Jamie saw the big Yeti, for the first time ever!
It had somehow come up in conversation before the trip, and he was like,
“What? WHERE?! I’ve only ever seen the yeti shadow that breaks up the track.”
So I was able to point it out to him this time!

I literally finally had this same experience on my last trip. My best friend would always talk about how scary the big Yeti is and I would always agree because I had zero idea what she was talking about... until this trip. He looks like he's going to grab you out of your seat!!!:confused3

Yaaayyy for all the updates! Can't wait to read some more.

Wow that sky looks amazing! You'd be worried if you didn't know it was fireworks :blush:
I've wondered.. Is the rain in Florida different to what we get in the UK? Just a thought.. I went to Australia and it was like a downpour, all a months rain in a day but it was completely different to the rain in the UK?! :confused3

Really enjoying your TR, did you go to MNSSHP?!

Rise and shine, it’s 10am!!
I’m glad I changed our early fastpass
Sometimes you just need a little extra sleep! As fun as it is, Disney can be EXHAUSTING!

We left the room at 11:10am, with 50 minutes to make it to our Expedition Everest fastpass.
Easy enough, right?

WRONG!

The bus took absolutely ages.
Then it had problems boarding an ECV.
Then it called at the Grand Floridian, and had even more problems boarding another ECV.
THEN we called at Blizzard Beach…
GAH!

It took over an HOUR from leaving our room to arriving at Animal Kingdom.
And we missed our Everest FP!
DOH.
Holy cow! Murphy's law at its finest!

Then we found a Cast Member and asked where the nearest FP kiosks were, but she was able to get us another Everest FP right there on her iPad!
She was very nice and helpful.
So Everest was now booked in for 3:05pm :goodvibes
How convenient! I wonder if they've always had that ability??

After that was situated, we turned around to see Russell and Dug!
And we caught them at the most adorable moment, because their handler stopped them and made them look left and right, and hold hands when crossing the street!
Precious.

25254727980_fc795c0f62_b.jpg
How cute!! I love Russell and Dug

While we were in line I told Jamie this is another ride I think is too scary for children.
Does he not have a soul?!?
That ride is scary for adults. Or maybe just me. Either way, IDK if I'd bring a small child on it.

25457581551_235a786cfe_b.jpg

The girl behind me is SO done with this $h*t!
OMG! Too funny!!

The tumble monkeys are my favorite!!

Here’s my lunch!

25457488701_7892e09f99_b.jpg

Most, if not all of the food comes with broccoli, tomatoes and red onion.
The vegetables are a little… vinegary? Or something. I’d prefer them plain, but the sausage was TASTY!
It looks like a giant corndog lol still looks delicious though!

Just as we were boarding, it started to POUR with rain!

25182651929_3829c9f3ba_b.jpg

We were worried that all the animals would be sheltering from the rain and hiding from view.

But our safari guide told us not to worry, and that the rain would probably make for an interesting safari…
And she was not wrong!

We saw some hippos.

25457443621_43fb8bb078_b.jpg

And gators.

25457437391_1ea326db98_b.jpg

When Maleficent drinks cow potion instead of dragon potion:

25431633842_a4e23d910e_b.jpg

The giraffes were hiding…

But then came the good stuff!
The Elephants were LOVING life in the rain!
They were bopping their heads up and down, using their trunks to throw dirt over their backs!

25550164145_f627a9d710_b.jpg

And this little guy on the left was sat down like a human!!!

25550158825_457a36900b_b.jpg

Then he flopped right over, and started rolling around in the mud!

So cute.

24919615434_7179d91b21_b.jpg

But the next part was the best part…

We saw all three lions AWAKE, and this girl was up at the very top of the highest rock!

25457400481_d831f8da55_b.jpg

She definitely looked like she could jump on top of our van if she wanted to :scared:

Then around the corner a little, we saw the other two, and the female was nuzzling the male and licking his face.

25182596589_7378ea61fd_b.jpg

“Mommmm you’re messing up my mane!”

24923407723_5cf3c4e8fd_b.jpg

Amazing!
This was the best safari I have ever been on!
And to think, I was disheartened when it started to rain!
That is so awesome!! Next time it starts raining when were at AK, I'm gonna make everyone sprint for the safari lol

We stopped to see the gorillas…
And spotted…

25457355691_8ca8e8797a_b.jpg

BABY GORILLA.
AWWWWWEEEEEE

When we left the trail we stopped to look in Zuri’s sweet shop in Africa.

25457312211_3b91112a56_b.jpg

They sell some cool things.

25523910536_450819af03_b.jpg
Its a shame they don't serve animal poop anymore.

Today was a special occasion, because Jamie saw the big Yeti, for the first time ever!
It had somehow come up in conversation before the trip, and he was like,
“What? WHERE?! I’ve only ever seen the yeti shadow that breaks up the track.”
So I was able to point it out to him this time!
HOW DO YOU MISS THAT THING?? lol Anywho, I'm glad he was finally able to get the full experience.

We got some crab ragoons and chicken wings, and uncrustables, of course.

25457224471_5db63c0b14_b.jpg
Dinner of champions.

We also put some money onto a mini gift card that goes around your wrist!
Ahh Disney, anything to make taking my money easier.

25254318850_8fa470678e_b.jpg
Thats so convenient!

So, because my Dad is Scottish, we’re “celebrating” Burns Night when I was about 6 years old, and I’m given this plate of sheep guts to eat.
I took one mouthful.
And I spat.
And I wretched.
And I cried.
And I cried.
And I cried.
Apparently by the end of dinner, my haggis was swimming around in a little pool of tears.
My family loves that memory.
I’m somewhat traumatised, but whatever, I still took this picture to send to my Dad, which he loved.

25254309450_770d344a1b_b.jpg
Awwweee poor little Katie.

Jamie loved Mitsukoshi!
He found a bunch of stuff that reminded him of his childhood, like Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z.
I had BINDERS full of Pokemon cards when I was a kid lol

We had a quick look at the koi fish, and I took this picture of Katsura Grill.
I always think it looks so mysterious up there, I was surprised to learn it’s just a quick service restaurant.
I honestly don't think I've ever seen this place...

Neither of us usually like pineapple on our savoury food, so we were going to order it without the chutney, but we’d been talking earlier about people who order things not as they’re intended and then go “meh it was only ok” :sad2:
So we decided to go for the full pork-slider-with-pineapple experience.

Omg.
YUM AND WOW.
It was practically life changing.
Definitely my favourite of the day, and probably of the whole trip!
Pork is excellent with sweeter flavours! IDK if its an american thing or if they do it everywhere, but pork chops are often paired with apple sauce and its DELICIOUS!

But the craziest thing started happening.
And I still can’t figure out a way to describe it.
We THINK the fireworks were getting lost in the really thick clouds?

24919255244_b5e679d0c5_b.jpg

But if you think that’s weird, the fireworks then started illuminating the entire sky!
It looked apocalyptic!

24923066013_5e0e841cda_b.jpg

We’re no physicists, but Jamie’s best guess was that all the water particles in the clouds were reflecting the light from the fireworks across one another until a lot of the sky appeared to be lit up?
:confused3

But regardless of how it was happening, it looked AMAZING!

25523641156_ed59a634d4_b.jpg

25431237172_a26a6ab78f_b.jpg

25457030131_7422ccd8ac_b.jpg

25182227679_cf718ea5fe_b.jpg

“Happy Happy Haaalloooweeeeeen!”

It sure was an interesting end to the night!
Thos pictures look amazing! How cool it must have been to witness that!

Ahhh, I am so behind on your (and everyone's!) TR!! I have been majorly MIA from the DIS lately...stupid life and work keeping me busy :sad2:

Your TR was on PAGE 4...not acceptable!!

I slept so good last night, and we had a nice leisurely morning.

25182855669_40e6e9502c_b.jpg

I mean, what a VIEW!! :love:

It took over an HOUR from leaving our room to arriving at Animal Kingdom.
And we missed our Everest FP!
DOH.

Sometimes Disney transportation is on point. And sometimes it's...not :headache:

Then we found a Cast Member and asked where the nearest FP kiosks were, but she was able to get us another Everest FP right there on her iPad!
She was very nice and helpful.
So Everest was now booked in for 3:05pm :goodvibes

Gotta love that Disney hospitality :goodvibes

They are the CUTEST!!!
PmkyPw1jwfXb2.gif

“Don’t worry about that asteroid, you’ll be in and out of there before it even breaks the atmosphere.” :thumbsup2

I love that part too :rotfl: Dinosaur is under appreciated I think!!

(Some of you shared stories of your fearless kids enjoying the Haunted Mansion…
SURELY none of you can say the same about Dinosaur?!
It’s legit terrifying!)

Ummmmm yeah...another of Jacob's favorites. He rode it when he was 4 and when he got off he was like "can we ride again?!"
I'm beginning to think maybe my kid is just a weirdo? :confused3:rotfl2:

Just kidding, we ran back and it was on the seat.
Phew.

THANK GOODNESS!
4PT6v3PQKG6Yg.gif

And I went to Famous Sausages!

25182704169_3fdf1cd91c_b.jpg

I love that it's called "Famous" Sausages as if there's another restaurant out there somewhere that sells distinctly UN-famous sausages :scratchin :laughing:

Here’s my lunch!

25457488701_7892e09f99_b.jpg

It's a corn dog! That looks very yummy though!

We saw all three lions AWAKE, and this girl was up at the very top of the highest rock!

25457400481_d831f8da55_b.jpg

Gorgeous!!! Lions are so beautiful!

His face :rotfl2: Like...ugh really...

MxVHrKguywNAA.gif

Well I WAS drinking water but now I will just drink my own tears :sad::sad:

Gahh look at his precious faceeee!

25182531169_87ac5f8035_b.jpg

HE IS SO ADORABLE!!!!

Gahh they were amazing.
I could watch the gorillas all day, I find them fascinating.

Same! I love gorillas, they are AMAZING.

Thou shalt embrace Florida weather during hurricane season.

25254326420_64981a3203_b.jpg

At least you weren't wearing flip flops this time...much less hazardous ;)

He looks so...wet! But happy! LOL Or like he should be in a music video ::yes::
HyjvswYtoMTAc.gif

:eek::eek::eek:
That looks so crazy!!!

Amazing!!!

AWESOME updates sister friend! I can't wait to read more! :hyper:

:eek: Did he also drive backwards??

We can't all afford the VIP bus service pkondzi :thumbsup2

He doesn't. Ditch him and marry me instead.

Hmmm.. ok deal. I want a trip to Maui though. :cutie:

I never knew this scared Kay when she was little.
I only found out when we went last August and she was practically hyperventilating before going on.

Haha! Poor Kay. I understand though. When I was young I thought I was so cool riding Tower of Terror. I bought a t shirt and I boasted about it to all my school friends. Little did they know, I had nightmares about it every night for the next 5 years. :rolleyes:

No. Freaking. Way!!!
I've never seen more than the ears of one!
And here you see three!!! And not passed out?

Lucky!!

I know! They're never awake, I can't believe all three were up and about! Pro tip - head to Kilimanjaro Safari if it starts to rain. (But be quick because I think they close it promptly!)

Technically, even nice weather is still weather.

I'll shut up now.

:laughing: You doofus.

Look at you, all embracing and everything.

A stormy day at Disney is still better than a sunny day at home :umbrella:

What's the other half? Naughty?

Hahah yes, half Scottish, half naughty. Although they're kind of the same thing :scratchin

I do not ask. I knew that. You can get it at our multi-cultural festival that we have every year.

I have not, however imbibed.

DON'T DO IT! SAVE YOURSELF.

What? Are you crazy????

This year is the year I finally buy something from Karamell Kuche!! ::yes::

Ah yes. The traditional American ornament that Americans think came from Germany that Germans have never heard of.

Someone told me this on my Instagram! Shattered my heart slightly. But I still fully appreciate that there is a tree covered in pickles at Epcot :laughing:

You look like Pablo Escobar.

Oh thank you how kind. o_O

::yes:: Excellent update!

Thank you manfriend!

Wow amazing updates!

Thanks Kathy!

Talk about heart attack moment!! That would be the WORST to lose your phone at WDW...it would be hard to do anything without it!

I know! Unfortunately this was one of SEVERAL almost-lost-phone panics this trip! I'm surprised we both returned home with them in tact :laughing:

This is hilarious and so true. And I fell for it too...loved that card....too bad about how quick and easy it is to spend the money that's on there though...

Tell me about it! We spent the money so easily, we were topping it up so often :sad2: I guess that's the whole point of it! I applaud Disney for this one, they got us good!

Those night time fireworks pics were unbelievable - especially the one where the sky was all red!! Wow!

I love those photos so much, it was so strange! It was one of those cliches were "the pictures didn't do it justice" but it was still very impressive!

Thanks for reading!

Omg that's a Monchichi! My dad bought me one when I was born and it was my most beloved toy ever! I still have it and it's disgusting. He bought by daughter one when she was born in 2008. Now I super can't wait for Epcot in June!

YES!!!! Hahaha that's so funny, mine i disgusting too :rotfl: Yes make sure you remember to find them in Mitsukoshi! They had lots of different ones, if you look back at the photo it seems like there's one in a chicken costume :laughing:

Am I the only one who thinks the front row guy on the left looks like Jamie?

Yes I think you're the only one :rotfl:

Yes, I did have to use the top of a trash can as a table at the 2014 F&W Festival. Maybe they improved it for 2015, or maybe it was less crowded that evening because of the rain? Did you go again to F&W during that trip, and was it more crowded/less rainy the next time?

Yeah I thought I'd seen people complaining about having to eat on the floor before.. We went back a few times when it wasn't raining and it was SO busy, but we still never struggled to find a seat/table! I think they must have improved it :goodvibes

Those fireworks! I think I need to show the pics to my husband. He was in awe that Disney was "able" to move the smoke along so that it didn't linger. I hated to do it but I had to explain it wasn't part of the Disney magic this time...it was purely environmental, haha. He swore up and down Disney had a way to do fireworks that eliminated the smoke.

Haha yes you need to show him these pictures then!! :laughing: It happened again the next time we watched.. I have no idea what would cause it to happen on some nights and not others? :confused3 It was cool to see the first time, but after that I wish Disney did have a big smoke vacuum :laughing:

I'm 32 and was terrified to ride Dinosaur! :lmao:

Great updates!!

I'm so glad you admitted this! I find it scary too :rotfl:I don't know how little kids ride it without being terrified!

Thank you! And thank you for reading! :hug:

Omg, it really does look apocalyptic! It's cool but also kinda creepy.

It was so strange! I've never seen anything like it posted on the Dis or anywhere, it's puzzling! :confused3

I TOTALLY FEEL YOU!!! And after your post on my current TR regarding similar photos we have both taken at AOA...well, just too funny!!! From my 2014 TR:

Once the rain cleared, we head back and took in Hawai’i. Now, before I rave about this stop, let me say that I RARELY like sweet with meat. I don’t like pineapple pizza or pineapple burgers or honey ham or anything of that sort. If I was in Hawai’i, yes, I would eat it because when in Rome. I don’t HATE it, but it seems like such a waste to put sugar with good meat. I REALLY like meat.

(Go ahead, snicker. Chuckle a little. Get it out of your system.)

All better? Good.

The Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayo WAS MY FAVORITE FOOD AT F&W!!!!!!!! It was wonderful. Fantastic. Amazeballs. Lord, this many months later, I still want one. NOM NOM. In the best and worst way.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/go...-finally-complete-8-31.3397380/#post-53734301

I will also go ahead and say that those pictures from HalloWishes are waaaaayyyyy crazy!!!!! Enjoying your TR!!!!

Omg we're the same person!! :lmao: I love this, it's EXACTLY how I feel!!! Pineapple on food is the biggest no-no, but boy do I love those sliders!!

Did you guys get a drink with lunch? I know they have different flavors like from Club Cool there that I would love to try.

Oh I didn't know this! I would've liked to give that a try. We just had a bottle of water, but that's good to know for this year, thanks!

Yay you are back! And you are up to the night we flew in to " join you".

Your bus experience is why we always rent a car.:drive: I just hate wasting that precious time out of my obsessively planned schedule.

Your photos are so beautiful...more please!

Oh cool! You'll have to look out for yourself in the background of my pictures :wave: Yeah you're definitely smart to rent a car, the buses can take ages :sad2: I'd like to rent a car some day, but it's so different from driving in the UK! I've only ever driven a stick shift, my drivers seat is on the right hand side of the car, and we drive on the left hand side of the road! I can totally imagine turning left at a traffic light without looking in the US :sad2: But as a compromise, I think we'll take Uber a bit more this year! Particularly when we have a meal at a hotel, to save on getting a bus to a park and another bus to a resort, that can take up to 90 mins!!! Blehh :crazy2:

More coming right up!!! Thanks for reading! :hug:

Great updates. It looks like you had a nice full day. I love all the details at AK. Next time we go I'm going to pay more attention. Those fireworks look almost spooky. I think the one where the castle has a pink glow around it is the most impressive.

Thank you! Yeah we were getting a lot done, we tend to go crazy on adrenaline at the beginning of the trip, then relax more towards the end :goodvibes There are so many cool little things to see at Animal Kingdom! I definitely recommend taking it slow and taking note of the details :goodvibes And that was my favourite picture too! Thanks so much for reading :goodvibes

My DD4 just closed her eyes during the scary parts. She was fine afterwards. I will say that she had the same response to It's Tough to be a Bug.

Your daughter is smart! Smarter than me, I stare like a deer in headlights when I see something scary :laughing: We saw It's Tough to be a Bug this trip, and it was one of the funniest things ever, the SCREAMING, the crying! It seemed like every child was in hysterical tears for the entire show :rotfl: poor things!

Awesome updates! All the food looked delicious. I hope to get to the food and wine fest one day.

Thanks so much! Yessss you should! I was never bothered about it before I'd been, because I figured it just caused bigger crowds, but I think it's worth it :goodvibes thanks for reading!

Wow, great updates!! Looks like an amazing day and evening all topped off with that amazing fireworks show!

We just had a gorilla born at our zoo here a couple of weeks ago and they just announced that he's now out for people to see. Guess where I'm going this weekend? So cute!!

Thank you! Yeah it was an awesome day! :hyper: Owww I hope the baby gorilla you saw was super cute!! I'm sure it was :lovestruc If only we were allowed to hold them owww I wanted to cuddle the one at AK so much! :hug: Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Thank you! Yeah it was an awesome day! :hyper: Owww I hope the baby gorilla you saw was super cute!! I'm sure it was :lovestruc If only we were allowed to hold them owww I wanted to cuddle the one at AK so much! :hug: Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Turns out the baby gorilla is a she and she is super cute and TINY! Her mom was extremely attentive and was carrying her around everywhere. They also have baby lion cubs that are so playful and cute!

I have a trip to China coming up and my sister will join me if she can arrange a trip to a panda sanctuary where you can pay to have your pic taken holding a baby panda! :cutie:

We can't all afford the VIP bus service pkondzi :thumbsup2

Are you sure? It's soooo worth it.

Hmmm.. ok deal. I want a trip to Maui though. :cutie:

Just one? Marry me and I'll take you at least once a year.
Lets see Hymie top that!

Haha! Poor Kay. I understand though. When I was young I thought I was so cool riding Tower of Terror. I bought a t shirt and I boasted about it to all my school friends. Little did they know, I had nightmares about it every night for the next 5 years. :rolleyes:

OMG. When we took Kay to TOT for the first time when she was 8, she was so stoked.
Even before we left Canada she was going on about how she couldn't wait.
Even before we went on the ride, she wanted to buy TOT merch.
She went on it.

And never rode it again. Scared the bejeebers out of her.

Now, though, she loves it.
Then? Not so much.

Pro tip - head to Kilimanjaro Safari if it starts to rain. (But be quick because I think they close it promptly!)

Oh? They come out when it rains?? Odd.

:laughing: You doofus.

:laughing:

A stormy day at Disney is still better than a sunny day at home :umbrella:

That is a very good point.

Hahah yes, half Scottish, half naughty. Although they're kind of the same thing :scratchin

:laughing:

DON'T DO IT! SAVE YOURSELF.

OKAY! Message received loud and clear!

This year is the year I finally buy something from Karamell Kuche!! ::yes::

You must! Otherwise I'll... I'll.... Just what does one do to someone one's never met IRL?

I'LL DO SOMETHING!!!!

Oh thank you how kind. o_O

:rolleyes:

Thank you manfriend!

You're welcome friend that is a girl!

Ugh I hate bus issues. Sorry you got to AK much later then expected.

The buses seem to be either really good or really lame! I think we'll use Uber a little more this year, especially when we have a meal to get to :thumbsup2

I am kind of embarrassed to say, I have never ridden Dinosaur before...I guess when I was little I thought it would be too scary...but now I just never had too much interest in it.:blush: But after hearing how many people ride it when they go to Disney, I look forward to riding it in the future.::yes::

Yes you need to! It's a lot of fun, just dark with big the occasional beast leering over you :thumbsup2

What a great picture! Those elephants look like they're loving life!:laughing:

They were so cute!!

She is beautiful!:goodvibes How lucky you guys were that you saw so many of them at once!:scared1:

I know! I don't think I've ever seen all 3 at once, and awake no less! Hands down, best safari I've ever done :goodvibes

AHHH I love gorillas, especially baby gorillas:jumping1:

Owwww I wanted to get in there and cuddle himmmm :hug:

Did you hear they announced an opening date for Rivers of Light?! I heard like the end of April. I am looking forward to seeing that show!

I heard this, and then I heard they were pushing it back! When is your trip?? Ugh Spring/Summer 2016 must be such a stressful time to be planning a trip, with all the new stuff that doesn't have a specific opening date yet :sad2:

Always go with the Uncrustables!:thumbsup2

YES! I dream of uncrustables :cloud9:

Sounds like you and Jamie had a great day and such an awesome ending!:goodvibes

It was great, thanks girl! :hug:

This was our arrival day! We braved the rain in downtown Disney that night. 2 umbrellas and a poncho later it eventually stopped!:umbrella:

I bet you were delighted to arrive on such a rainy evening :laughing: Did you fly in? I would NOT like to be on an airplane through that storm :scared: Good idea to brave it, I'll never let the rain ruin a trip to Disney! :goodvibes

Your pictures have me tinkering with the idea of booking the Poly for our Jan/Feb 2017 trip! We had all but decided to stay at the Wilderness Lodge again but these pictures are making me have second thoughts!

Sorry to contribute to your indecision!! :laughing: Did you make a choice yet? The Poly was amazing, but we went to the Wilderness Lodge for dinner and I fell in LOVE with it :lovestruc:lovestruc I'd be staying there this year if there wasn't so much construction :sad2: but maybe it will be done by Jan 2017? Or at least significantly reduced :confused3 either way, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time at either hotel! :goodvibes

I was 21 first time I rode Dinosaur. I wish I had the picture from that trip but I was pretty much convinced it was the scariest on Disney property.

:rotfl: It's scary! The Dinosaur photos are always funny, especially when you know what's coming so you can act casual, while everyone else freaks out :laughing:

We went to Animal Kingdom the very next morning and it was probably our Best Safari ever! A baby Rhino got lost from its momma and all of the trucks had to stop until it was reunited. The baby probably circled the truck 5 times before we got going, which made for some awesome close up pictures!
IMG_6013_zpscbud3eoa.jpg
IMG_6013_zpscbud3eoa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] (Bare with me, my first time inserting a picture in a quote)

WOW! Great shot! Aww the poor little love, getting lost. Sounds like a unique safari though ::yes:: on one of our safaris some giraffes just stopped in the middle of the road and we had to wait quite a while for them to move :laughing: animals crack me up, sometimes I wonder if they know exactly what they're doing, and are just trolling us :scratchin :laughing:

My first food and Wine too! Of course I was buying everything with Food and Wine on it... Have yet to use any of it but you know how impulse buying in Disney is!
Did you end up trying Canada? I had the Filet I had heard soooooo much about and it was AMAZING! Also another favorite was a Pomegranate Margarita from Mexico. I will do my research more on Food and Wine this year so I won't be as clueless.

Haha I bought stuff too! I wear my t shirt, but I bought a F&W cook book and I haven't made a single thing yet :laughing:
YES we loved Canada!! We had the the filet too, and the cheese soup, they were both magical! We ate at Le Cellier a few years ago and I loved that cheese soup, it nice to know we can get it now without having to pay $100+ for an entire meal :goodvibes I didn't try the Margarita though, in fact I don't think I've ever had a margarita! It's a tequilla drink right? I have a slight aversion to tequilla :crazy2: :laughing:

Thanks for reading! :hug:

Okay, after getting a new job and not being able to follow along due to training... I am finally back and caught up. What a great trip and I am still freaking out about the view from your room. Not to mention all the food you get to eat. I agree Haggis is TERRIBLE but the rule is you have to eat it. That is the way my family is when we go to the highland games where I live. You have to toughen up and just do it. Although i am pretty sure my Filipino wife doesn't agree. LOL.

Hey! First of all, congratulations on your new job!! :cheer2: Haha, I'm still freaking out about the room too! I don't think we'll ever top that. Although I find a little bit of comfort knowing that we'll be able to pay our bills this year :rotfl: (just kidding we're not that irresponsible :laughing:) Oh you've tried Haggis before? I feel sorry for you! But yes, when you have a Scottish father you just HAVE to eat it, it's like the law. You have highland games where you live?! Cool!!! Please don't force little Haiden to eat any Haggis, the poor little love :laughing:

HAHA NO, but we did take this photo!

View attachment 155789

OK.

THIS. IS. AMAZING.

I'm going to need a photoshoot like this at my wedding :laughing: Who's idea was this?!??!?

This might just be THE funniest thing I have seen on a TR ever! I am chocking! every time I think about it, I start cracking up!!!

Hhaha I'm glad you liked it! Dinosaur photos are so funny when everyone is freaking out! :laughing:
What the heck?! I've never seen this! And how in the world does he see a bushy tail?!? :rotfl2:

Hahaha I know right! I think he was told it was a horse before he'd looked at it, and when he pulled it out he jut decided to roll with it and try to get away with it :rotfl:

WHAT THE HELL!!! :faint::faint::faint:

I showed DH all these videos just now and he was in awe as well! I can't believe they used that clip in the movie! And Up! was just on the other day and didn't even notice. So crazy!

It's too funny! They could have had Mr Fredricksen watching absolutely anything on TV, WHY did they use this goof clip!! :confused3 :rotfl2:

Oh wow, how did it just stay on the seat like that without falling out?! Very lucky guy.

I have no idea, the ride is so shaky I wouldn't be surprised if it had fallen out of the time rover! Girl we had at least 3 lost phone scares on this trip :rotfl: We're such a mess, we were lucky to come home with both of them :laughing:

Good lord that's a sausage:blush:

Why yes it is. It's very difficult to eat.. conservatively :scratchin

I'm so RELIEVED i'm not the only one that finds this scene hilarious! Every time I would laugh, DH would be like, "You always laugh at that part, why?!" Uh hello it's funny:confused3

Yussss another Emperor's New Groove fan!! :hug: I think it might be the funniest Disney film, in my opinion. It's one of my favourites. I laugh every single time :rotfl2:

857bfb75069815cf00e30f717e455322.jpg

:rotfl:

Also, I only recently noticed that when Yzma throws the "poison" drink into the cactus to avoid drinking it, THE CACTUS TURNS INTO A LLAMA..

anigif_enhanced-29777-1432698463-2.gif

:faint: :faint: :faint:

:rotfl2:

L.O.V.E!

SO LUCKY!!! So the trick is riding while raining?? Or as the rain is coming to an end. Incredible shots!

Apparently so! I think in the past I've been in line for the safari when it started raining, and they closed up and sent everyone out the line. So maybe you have to get there promptly as it starts to drizzle? Riding it in the rain was definitely an advantage, since the lions just seem to want to bake when it's sunny :beach:

I have those! In fact, I have a picture of DH's 'annoyed' face because I wanted to shp :laughing:

Yaaay kitchen utensil twins! :hug: If that's not a thing, it should be :thumbsup2

I've got to try these uncrustables, I can't believe how much you love them!

Maybe I loved them because they were free?! They were delishhh but really they were just pb&j sandwiches... But like, I don't need to make them OR pay for them?! Sounds GREAT :thumbsup2

:eek::scared:

I'm wondering how Epcot's version really does taste?! I'm assuming it will be more 'Americanized' so probably not as bad as the real thing, but BARF-A-RONI!

I certainly applaud Disney for actually serving up the atrocity that is Haggis, in the name of authenticity :laughing: hopefully they have americanized it. Also, I need to start using the term "barf-a-roni" :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That's great that you didn't modify it and kept it as is! And crazy that it ended up being one of your favorites, that's great!

I'm really glad we did. Because we were talking about food reviews from people who ask for things "without blah blah", then go on to say "it wasn't very flavourful" ... like, it's not the restaurant's fault you don't like blah blah, it's not very fair to give them a negative review :sad2: unless there's actually something really wrong. So hey ho! One of my best decisions was born! That pork slider is a life changer :laughing:

How nice was that though? I couldn't believe how close the TTC was from our building when we stayed. It was super convenient!

So good! I was under the impression that the TTC was a longer walk from the Poly than it actually is. It's so close?! You can basically get a direct monorail from the Poly to Epcot :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about your Poly stay! I was always creeping on the ground floor rooms as we walked past the villas :laughing: they look real nice :cutie:

Thanks for reading! :hug:

Literally my reaction when I saw the baby gorilla :hyper:

Did you ever see the video that this gif is from?! (if not, jut type kristen bell sloth into youtube) I fell in love with her after this! And to make the world an even greater place, Disney gave her the voice of Priscilla, the female sloth in Zootopia! :faint:

More, more, more!!! Can't get enough of this trip report!! I don't have fun lil memes. Not that hip!!

I'll be posting more soon! Sorry for the hiatus, I've actually got quite a lot written out, I just need to make time to post it! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Precious.

I think these are the two best characters to meet because they're so animated! During one meet and greet I witnessed Doug run out of the meet and greet to chase down an ice cream kisok!

Does he not have a soul?!?

This ride terrifies me to this day, and I'm legally an adult!

Jamie just says he likes it all.
When I asked his favourite part he said,
“I like the monkeys. And the ballet. And the fire guy. And the intro. And the ending.”

Same Jamie, same.

And this little guy on the left was sat down like a human!!!

25550158825_457a36900b_b.jpg

He's ADORABLE!

But thou shalt not worry.
Thou shalt embrace Florida weather during hurricane season.

It also keeps out the weak guests who can't handle a little water. ::yes::

And I still can’t figure out a way to describe it.
We THINK the fireworks were getting lost in the really thick clouds?

This has happened to me before multiple times! It seems that when the humidity is so intense the fireworks that are shot off behind Fantasyland get lost in sky and turn the firework show into more of a glow show!

NOOOOO!! I'm all caught up. I just found you, well about 5 hours ago lol. I cannot wait to read more! When I started reading I fell in love because your British (I think we all just love the accent) Then the relationship between you and your brother is amazing. It's good to be that close to your family. I love the way you write and we are so alike. Disney brings tears to my eyes also (especially wishes). Then you go posting stuff with David Tennant on it....now I want to be your best friend. LOL (If this makes me sound crazy...I apologize)

Keep it coming!

Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying it :hug: And I'm also glad you like the accent :laughing: during my first TR people were like "post more videos of you talking so I can hear your accent", so I have been doing, but everyone hates hearing themselves talk on tape right?! So I'm conflicted between sticking to my promise, and cringing at the sound of my own voice :scared: :laughing: but you've reassured me, thank you! And I don't think I'll ever go to Disney and not cry! :sad: It's good to know I'm not alone :laughing:

I like that you're a David Tennant fan, I don't watch Doctor Who or anything, but he seems like a lovely person whenever I see him on talk shows and stuff. Actually he was the main character in a British show called Broadchurch, I really liked him in that. It's kind of a murder mystery, I recommend season 1 if you like that kind of thing! Plus I love his Scottish accent :lovestruc it's my favourite accent. Maybe because my Dad is Scottish :goodvibes

Nooo not crazy at all! I love making friends with other Disneyholics here! :hug:

I have noooo idea how I missed your updates and fell so far behind, aaaack!! All caught up now though, whew.

No worries dear! There's no rush around here! As you can probably tell from my month-long hiatus :sad2: :laughing:

Awww Weimaraners are so fun!! We have two mixed breeds... Vinny is a German Shepherd/Shar-pei and Harley is a German Shepherd/Chow Chow/Akita plus something short and long! I would post a picture of them because I can never brag enough but I still have zero idea how to load pictures on here:rotfl:

Oww I know I miss my Weim, he's on holiday in Paris for 10 weeks :sad1: with my parents, of course :laughing: Omg they sound like the best mixes!!! I love all of those breeds :laughing: do you have any photos you can share?! Gahh I love dogs so much :lovestruc

I definitely agree, I still scream like a little girl on this ride... I love it!! Plus I went with my nieces last year who are 5 and 8 and they were both absolutely terrified!! My Mom was as well...:rotfl2:

Hahah 5!!?! I would've cried my little 5 year old eyes out :laughing: But I love it now too, now that I know what to expect. I still scream though, OBV. :laughing:

Hooooow did you get these amazing lion pictures?! So jealous! I feel like I can usually see the ear of maybe one lion as they're laying on a rock. Apparently I need to go when it's raining!!

I have no idea, it was pure luck! I've never seen all three lions awake before, they're always sunbathing. Yes try to go when some rain is due! :thumbsup2

I literally finally had this same experience on my last trip. My best friend would always talk about how scary the big Yeti is and I would always agree because I had zero idea what she was talking about... until this trip. He looks like he's going to grab you out of your seat!!!:confused3

"I would always agree because I had zero idea what she was talking about..." hahaha this made me laugh :rotfl2:

Yaaayyy for all the updates! Can't wait to read some more.

Thanks for reading! I have a lot of updates written out I just need to make time to post them, but I'll be able to post in the next couple of days, probably tomorrow :goodvibes

Wow that sky looks amazing! You'd be worried if you didn't know it was fireworks :blush:
I've wondered.. Is the rain in Florida different to what we get in the UK? Just a thought.. I went to Australia and it was like a downpour, all a months rain in a day but it was completely different to the rain in the UK?! :confused3

Really enjoying your TR, did you go to MNSSHP?!

Haha I know! It looks like aliens or something. Yeah personally I think the rain feels very different! Maybe because it stays so warm.. Like, here in UK rain and warmth don't really go together do they (sadly :laughing:), and it can get very humid in Florida rain storms, it's almost like a lukewarm shower! It sounds similar to what you describe of Australia, It can be a perfectly sunny day, then within half an hour it's pouring torrential rain, the in another half an hour it will be perfectly fine again! Weird! I prefer it to British rain though :umbrella:

YES we did MNSSHP and we really enjoyed it! We loved the parade and the fireworks, we met some characters and rode some rides, and did a lot of trick or treating! It was pretty busy, but it seemed like a huge majority of people were in really incredible costumes, it made people watching so much fun! We'll probably do it again this year, as long as they don't hike the price up too much :sad2:

Great update Katie!! I just LOVE F&W. It's my favorite time to go to WDW. The best time to go is at the end of October and stay for 10 days. You get MNSSHP, F&W and MVMCP all in one trip!!!

Thank you! That does sound like the best time to go, a late Oct/early Nov trip is on my bucket list ::yes:: Is that when you go? And does it get busy? I can't tear myself away from the September low crown seasson!

I read your previous trip report, and now got all caught up with this one! Love your vacation style and exuberance for life--keep the posts coming! :)

Awesome! Thanks for reading! I'm glad you found us here at the new report :goodvibes more updates coming up!

Sometimes you just need a little extra sleep! As fun as it is, Disney can be EXHAUSTING!

Tell me about it! It's ok though, since our trip was so long we allowed ourselves to sleep in a bit :goodvibes If we were only there a few days I'd be dragging us through the parks like

86137-badass-tyreese-killing-zombies-BwZT.gif

That ride is scary for adults. Or maybe just me. Either way, IDK if I'd bring a small child on it.

It's not just you! I see parents in line assuring their kid it's fiiiiiine, which is just plain cruel in my opinion! :laughing:

The tumble monkeys are my favorite!!

Love them! They're very impressive, obviously put a lot of effort into their training!

It looks like a giant corndog lol still looks delicious though!

(I don't know what a corndog is) :laughing:

That is so awesome!! Next time it starts raining when were at AK, I'm gonna make everyone sprint for the safari lol

Yes do! That's going to be my new strategy. Although I think I've been in line before when it's started pouring, and they closed up shop and sent everybody out :confused3 so maybe it's just lucky timing :goodvibes

Its a shame they don't serve animal poop anymore.

Animal poop was on my to-eat list, I was disappointed they don't serve it up anymore :sad2: (If anyone out of the loop reads this convo.. :rotfl:)

Thats so convenient!

TOO convenient!! Wayyy to easy to spend all of our money with that little gift card!

I had BINDERS full of Pokemon cards when I was a kid lol

ME TOO! I used to visit a city called York with my family, and they had this super nerdy shop that sold rare Pokemon cards and I was allowed to get one on each trip, ugh it was the best thing ever!! We should start a movement to bring back Pokemon cards :thumbsup2

Pork is excellent with sweeter flavours! IDK if its an american thing or if they do it everywhere, but pork chops are often paired with apple sauce and its DELICIOUS!

Oh really! Yeah we have pork and apple sauce here too, but I've never had it together, for the same reason I never have pineapple with savoury... When I think of apple sauce I think of apple pie with pork in it?! :crazy2: but maybe my hawaii pork slider and pineapple sauce revelation will make me a bit more adventurous :confused3 but if I don't like it I will blame you!!! :laughing:

Ahhh, I am so behind on your (and everyone's!) TR!! I have been majorly MIA from the DIS lately...stupid life and work keeping me busy :sad2:

No problem sweet friend, no rush around here!
I mean, what a VIEW!! :love:

I'll never get tired of these pictures :faint:

Sometimes Disney transportation is on point. And sometimes it's...not :headache:

Right?! It's either great or terrible :confused3 We'll probably use Uber more this year, especially if we have ADRs to get to :thumbsup2

Ummmmm yeah...another of Jacob's favorites. He rode it when he was 4 and when he got off he was like "can we ride again?!"
I'm beginning to think maybe my kid is just a weirdo? :confused3:rotfl2:

He's a bada$$! I have high hopes for his future, he's going to be a cop or something #fearless

I love that it's called "Famous" Sausages as if there's another restaurant out there somewhere that sells distinctly UN-famous sausages :scratchin :laughing:

Yes they're competing with a shop across the road also called sausages, so they had to up their game. Famous sausages make much more money than normal sausages :laughing: What am i talking about I don't know OK bye.

It's a corn dog! That looks very yummy though!

What is a corn dog?! I've heard the term and I think mini corndogs were served at club level, but I've never had one, I don't think we have them over here?!

His face :rotfl2: Like...ugh really...

Typical female alway pestering :rotfl:

Well I WAS drinking water but now I will just drink my own tears :sad::sad:

Haha! :rotfl2: why is this story allowed at the most magical place on earth?! :sad1:

At least you weren't wearing flip flops this time...much less hazardous ;)

I am learned. :teacher:

He looks so...wet! But happy! LOL Or like he should be in a music video ::yes::
HyjvswYtoMTAc.gif

As soon as Selena Gomez starts wearing a bright yellow poncho in her music video, then we will feel happy wearing them. Soon! :laughing:

AWESOME updates sister friend! I can't wait to read more! :hyper:

THANK YOU sister wife friend. More soon!

So glad you had time to update -- been missing your adventures. I'm so excited for the Mitsukoshi store! My sister has a large moncchichi she got when my dad (with the family) was stationed in Japan when we were young and I still have all my various smelly pencils (including Little Twin Star) from that stay too. No store will suck my money out of my wallet as fast as that one and I think my budget rules will fly out the window.

great read! thanks for posting.

Thank YOU for reading! :goodvibes

Turns out the baby gorilla is a she and she is super cute and TINY! Her mom was extremely attentive and was carrying her around everywhere. They also have baby lion cubs that are so playful and cute!

I have a trip to China coming up and my sister will join me if she can arrange a trip to a panda sanctuary where you can pay to have your pic taken holding a baby panda! :cutie:

Haha, the attentive mom at the zoo sounds like a better parent than the one at AK :rotfl: that baby was just rolling around and bugging everyone :laughing: Well I'm glad she was as cute as you had hoped! And lion cubs, what a sweet bonus! :lovestruc How do I get to this zoo!? Owww panda santuaryyy, come back and share the pictures please!

Just one? Marry me and I'll take you at least once a year.
Lets see Hymie top that!

Oh boy, now you're talkin. Although we're sitting on a pretty epic football bet right now, so if I'm really basing my future husband on how much cash he has, I'm going to have to wait a few weeks to see if this comes through :thumbsup2 If it doesn't, you better get planning our first tropical getaway :beach:

OMG. When we took Kay to TOT for the first time when she was 8, she was so stoked.
Even before we left Canada she was going on about how she couldn't wait.
Even before we went on the ride, she wanted to buy TOT merch.
She went on it.

And never rode it again. Scared the bejeebers out of her.

Now, though, she loves it.
Then? Not so much.

Hahaha! I was the same, except I travelled with two older cousins, and I HAD to look cool in front of them, so I rode it in spite of it scaring the beejeebers out of me :rotfl: It wasn't the drop that scared me though, I was a total adrenaline junkie, it was the whole paranormal ghost story, the creepy boiler room and seeing the ghost family down the corridor, it all freaked me out so much :lmao:

You must! Otherwise I'll... I'll.... Just what does one do to someone one's never met IRL?

I'LL DO SOMETHING!!!!

Say mean things to me over the internet!!!!

mean-on-internet1.jpg

Oh boy, now you're talkin. Although we're sitting on a pretty epic football bet right now, so if I'm really basing my future husband on how much cash he has, I'm going to have to wait a few weeks to see if this comes through :thumbsup2 If it doesn't, you better get planning our first tropical getaway :beach:

:laughing: Standing by!

Hahaha! I was the same, except I travelled with two older cousins, and I HAD to look cool in front of them, so I rode it in spite of it scaring the beejeebers out of me :rotfl:

The things we do to not look uncool in front of our friends/colleagues/family...

It wasn't the drop that scared me though, I was a total adrenaline junkie, it was the whole paranormal ghost story, the creepy boiler room and seeing the ghost family down the corridor, it all freaked me out so much :lmao:

Really! You're just like the young lady that sat beside Kay and I who was hyperventilating because of the ghosts.

Say mean things to me over the internet!!!!

mean-on-internet1.jpg

Awwww... poor li'l tyke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter