Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

I finally got a postcard :cool1:

I think it was because I ordered a DVD and park maps for our August trip. It listed a personalized URL that gave me a pin code with the same offer as listed above (82 per night value or 20% off for dates from August clear thru November). It referenced one of my "junk" e-mail addresses instead of the ones I use regularly. Don't know if this helps anyone else. This is my first postcard in over 24 years of visiting WDW.:yay:

I also received a postcard today with a specific web page to visit to get my personalized offer. The offer -- $99.00 at a Value Resort now through mid-May, Sunday through Thursday. This does NOT sound like a special rate to me. Does it to you?

Also included was a 30% off code "if [my] dates are flexible." That looked a little better. But they'll have to do better than that to get us to return this year, much as I'd love to go. We drive and gas prices are a definite factor.

I have entered some contests for Disney trips and priced out some trips online. I am thinking that is where they pulled my info from.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007
praying / hoping / wishing / dreaming of April 2009 or 2010

pwdebbie:

The 'highighted' rate of $99 per night is for the time you listed somewhere at Disney.com as the time you'd like to next visit Disney. That doesn't sound like a discounted rate to me.. or at least not very much of one.

The 30% off rates are for different dates than you originally selected and those dates should be listed on the offer.

Hope this helps!

Knox

Is there an official word from WDW on whether you can use a code after the end date if you check in during the proper time frame? I know you could last year but it seems there is conflicting info on 2008.:confused3 Also, if you can't extend beyond that date does the code end on THAT date, or is it good for that night's stay as well. For example, IF free dining is offered and ends on Sept. 27th, would the night of Sept. 27th count as well giving you credits to use on Sept. 28th? Thanks!

You really have to love them. First the codes are send out randomly, or so they say. Actually the Mystery lies in the marketing department, who selects quests based of last time here, time of year here, and then it is a mystery to all. If you book your reservation NOW with the pin codes it will NO longer work outide the assigned dates. This is due to the date pricing Disney has instituted. IN other words if you come in within the time period specified, you may have to book a seperate res for the dates outside the dates for the code. This is now what would be neccessary to complete your trip. All CM at the reservation center are suppose to check that code against your name. They actually need your last name and the code number and it will tell them if the code is legal and who it is assigned to. So if you coming and have 4 rooms booked and the code allows 3 rooms on the discount. You can have the discount applied to 3 rooms. They will not bend on that 4th room. Also it would take the person on the pin code to do the booking and not another family member not at the address of the person the discount was sent to. So be thankful when you get one and hope you get another. :surfweb:

OKay answers to some of your questions.

First....If you use a pin code not assigned to YOU, when you arrive they can and most likely will charge you rack rate for that room. The CM that booked that trip may find his/her way out the back door and not pleasantly.

Next....when booking with more than one room IE: up to 3 on some codes, and here come the sticky part. They all must be booked at the same times or over lapping dates within the booking period to be applied. The person that has the codes assigned to them MUST be present for the bookings at the discount to apply. If not then it could go back to rack rate. The data base of Disney is incredably deep and very accesable to CM's at the resorts as well. They do verify all information, and the DRC also makes sure they are booked correctly.

Last and the fun one......I have seen people book three vacations using the same pin codes....Hint " the 3 rooms for one pin code" on three seperate trips,
So they got the "3 rooms" but on 3 seperate dates. This is pretty ingenious of Disney. Seeing they got you coming back 2 more time on the same discount.

Have fun they get more and more confusing and not easy to follow.

I used my sisters 40% pin code to book my trip, our dates do over lap, but she leaves 2 days before I do. The CM said this wouldn't be an issue and I had to provide my sisters email address, telephone # used on the reservation, her reservation # and day of arrival and departure. My sister will be staying at POFQ and I will be at POP due to their not being anymore rooms at POFQ... will this be a problem? My budget is very tight I have already paid for my trip.. finding that I owe another $300-500 dollars upon check in might prove to be impossible.:scared1:

Sorry if this has been asked before but are suites/club level/ delux rooms not applicable for pin codes or discounts (free dining plan too) We are staying at the ASMU suites and just curious if I should attempt for a discount. I would like to upgrade but need the extra room?

Thanks

in answer to both...yes they can apply to ASMU suites because that is more a 2 rrom connection and not full suite or club level accomidations. As for Pop you should be in good shae seeing that you provided all the information and you pin obviously allows for 3 rooms...Have a great time!!:banana:

I'm a total newbie here, so please forgive my ignorance. I received a 40% off postcard in the mail about 2 months ago. I didn't think much of it at the time (weren't planning a trip anytime soon) and it got tossed in the recycle bin.

Last month my husband suggests we visit for our spring break. So I have booked our room already, and paid one night's deposit.

Question is can I call up and ask if there are any codes associated with my name and address. The CM I spoke with to make the reservations never offered this info, but is it something I would have to ask about?

TIA for any advice you pros have for me.

yes, you should be able to call up and ask if there are any specials, i have read in other posts that others were able to get upgraded for the same price almost. due to the codes... good luck...
its always worth a try! :)

in answer to both...yes they can apply to ASMU suites because that is more a 2 rrom connection and not full suite or club level accomidations. As for Pop you should be in good shae seeing that you provided all the information and you pin obviously allows for 3 rooms...Have a great time!!:banana:

You can get a discount on the club level as well & if free dining comes out you can get it as well. As long as that type of room is open. I got a discount last year at the Yacht Club Regatta Club (club level) Also in the past gotten free dining at Yacht Club, WL, & BWI. All concierge's level :goodvibes

I am not knocking you so please don't get that idea.:)

yes, you should be able to call up and ask if there are any specials, i have read in other posts that others were able to get upgraded for the same price almost. due to the codes... good luck...
its always worth a try! :)

I got one too and mine said it expired March 31, 2008. I still have it; just found it (after the expiration) actually. I tossed mine aside thinking I wouldn't be planning a trip this soon. If it said expired 3/31, will they still allow you to use the discount?

We just called yesterday and the CM we spoke to said that we could not use the 40% discount. We actually booked the BCV a few months ago - before starting to read these boards (you guys are awesome!) and just found out that we could ask if thre are any codes/pins associated with our household. So we called and asked. The CM was very nice. She told us we did have a discount but that it expired. We are so upset about it. Good luck!!

You can get a discount on the club level as well & if free dining comes out you can get it as well. As long as that type of room is open. I got a discount last year at the Yacht Club Regatta Club (club level) Also in the past gotten free dining at Yacht Club, WL, & BWI. All concierge's level :goodvibes

I am not knocking you so please don't get that idea.:)

Thank you for the info on the club level.

Similar question: What happens if there is a code that falls within the start of our trip and the end, but has a few blackout days in between?

Thanks To the great Freddy beach guy! (I am 6 minutes from you!)

I booked my November trip in mid-March by phone and asked at the time if there were any discount codes attached to my name... I was told no. :(

If I call back occasionally, is there a chance there will be a code added to my account? Has anyone heard of this ever happening? having a code added to their account after they've booked? or is my chance at a code now gone since I have a trip already planned? (not by mail, but by calling)

I got a postcard today from Disney Destinations with a special link (which included my name and several numbers). When I type that in it says "click her for your special rateor special offer, but when I click it it just brings me to the regular booking page.

DID I GET A CODE>?? aND IF SO, HOW DO I USE IT? My postcard does say my personalized URL will be available until 5/31/08.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter