Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fined? I never heard of anyone being fined before so I think the wording might be incorrect for what happened. I do know you can loose your Annual pass and possibly end up banned from property for loaning it to someone (free parking, fastpasses, etc). you couldn't use it for park entrance with the finger print scan (ehhh there might be one way this would work but i'm not going to mention it as I want everyone to pay so the prices flatten out better).

No, she said they used 2 Magic Bands that they owned and Disney fined them. I asked her if they were also sent to Disney court and Disney jail too.

We are going in April, we upgraded and are renting points. We are getting tickets separately which we've never done before, always got a package from Disney. My husbands union has park hoppers cheaper than Disney, saving us about $60. They're 3 day hoppers with 2 free days. Before we buy them does anyone if I can link them to MDE? I'd rather buy from Disney but any little savings is a help.

You would be better off starting a thread, being a ticket question i doubt youll get an answer in the magicband thread

You would be better off starting a thread, being a ticket question i doubt youll get an answer in the magicband thread

Accident Thank you I forgot I was on this thread lol I was reading some of the threads and loss track.

Im not too sure where to post this but we are having issues with the MB.

Our reservations somehow had the same person on 2 different room reservations. We somehow cant add anyone else to the room so 2 people cant even use the band to get in the room.

ADRs and Tickets work. Just not for the room.

Tried to fix it at front desk twice and got nowhere. Anyone know how to fix this? Im assuming i need to ask the desk to get IT involved but im trying to figure this out.

Help!

Im not too sure where to post this but we are having issues with the MB.

Our reservations somehow had the same person on 2 different room reservations. We somehow cant add anyone else to the room so 2 people cant even use the band to get in the room.

ADRs and Tickets work. Just not for the room.

Tried to fix it at front desk twice and got nowhere. Anyone know how to fix this? Im assuming i need to ask the desk to get IT involved but im trying to figure this out.

Help!

The front desk should have put in an IT ticket for you.. I would get on the phone with disney as many have called pre-arrival to get mde issues fixed up over the phone so it might work. Make sure they understand that your standing at the resort right now and nobody has been able to help or get someone to help you.

When you stay at a Disney resort or buy an annual pass, are the free Magic Bands you receive pre-linked to your MDE account, or do you need to link them yourself? I'm going down there in May along with my cousin's family, who are staying off-site, and I'd love to be able to let their kids have some of my extra ones if possible.

When you stay at a Disney resort or buy an annual pass, are the free Magic Bands you receive pre-linked to your MDE account, or do you need to link them yourself? I'm going down there in May along with my cousin's family, who are staying off-site, and I'd love to be able to let their kids have some of my extra ones if possible.

pre-linked, you customize them for who should get what. resort bands arrive before your trip. If your a new annual pass, you cannot customize/order them until after it's activated and you can only activate them at WDW so they will not come in time for this trip. the annual pass are a second set of bands if your staying at a disney resort you will still get those for free and early.

In a group of 5 only 2 of us will be using magicbands... will be enough for have videos and pictures of the rides of the whole group?
Am I gonna have an issue at my Disney account because only two magic bands are linked for a party of 5?
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
In a group of 5 only 2 of us will be using magicbands... will be enough for have videos and pictures of the rides of the whole group?
Am I gonna have an issue at my Disney account because only two magic bands are linked for a party of 5?
Thanks in advance...

I think you'll be ok, if you end up where a magicband wasn't in the same ride car just stop at the photo wall after the ride and tap your bands to it to claim the photos for the car that didn't have one. you can't claim photos at 7dmt and FEA so you want to be aware of how everyone is sitting and ask for different seats to get everyone in the same 2 ride cars.

Now if you have a lot of people who might break off and do their own thing and rides photos are important, that's when 2 might not be enough but they can claim their photos with their ticket in that case (teens tend to not want too and magicbands do work from inside pockets)

My kids want princess magicbands and I see Disney sells them. If I buy them special magic bands, how easy is it to unlink the standard ones we will receive and link the new ones in MDE? And will I need to get them prior to making FP+ selections? Or can those be moved to new bands as well? My wife and I will stick to plain colors. =) I don't mind the expense if switching them over is not complicated. Thank you!

My kids want princess magicbands and I see Disney sells them. If I buy them special magic bands, how easy is it to unlink the standard ones we will receive and link the new ones in MDE? And will I need to get them prior to making FP+ selections? Or can those be moved to new bands as well? My wife and I will stick to plain colors. =) I don't mind the expense if switching them over is not complicated. Thank you!

You don't need to unlink the standard ones. The bands are interchangeable and are just links to access what's in your MDE account - nothing is "on" a Magic Band.

You don't need to unlink the standard ones. The bands are interchangeable and are just links to access what's in your MDE account - nothing is "on" a Magic Band.

Okay, that makes sense. So you can have multiple active, then. Cool. Thanks!

Are there any other skins out there than what you find on Magic Your Band? Was really hoping for a Haunted Mansion magic band but not able to find anything other than collector's item that won't work in the parks.

Are there any other skins out there than what you find on Magic Your Band? Was really hoping for a Haunted Mansion magic band but not able to find anything other than collector's item that won't work in the parks.

There is a purple one currently sold in the parks that you could ship home if you wanted it early from https://www.disneystore.com/more-ac...on-disney-parks-magicband/mp/1389088/1000387/

There is 7ish designs haunted mansion designs you can pick from to have made at either coop in springs or the gift shop in with space mountain where you can design your own bands. It's your choice of the 4 paintings in the stretch room and some others to pick from but you have to get them while on property.

I don't use the wraps or stickers on bands so i'm not much help with your actual question so maybe someone else will know.

It's been a while since our last trip to WDW and there has been so many changes and I'm terribly confused. I bought our park tickets online from UnderCover Tourist. When I received them I linked them to my MDE account and assigned each family member to a ticket.

We are staying off-site so I purchased my MBs through the disney store website. I just put the magic bands on my MDE account and assigned each band to a member of my family (ex. I'm red, my husband is grey, and so on). Are our park tickets automatically loaded onto the bands? When I get there, do I go right to the gates or do I need to see a CM first?

Nothing is "on" a Magic Band - they're just links to access what's in your MDE account. So each person's band will access the tickets that have been assigned to them.

We are staying off-site so I purchased my MBs through the disney store website. I just put the magic bands on my MDE account and assigned each band to a member of my family (ex. I'm red, my husband is grey, and so on). Are our park tickets automatically loaded onto the bands? When I get there, do I go right to the gates or do I need to see a CM first?

you've done everything you need to.. don't forget to get some fastpasses before you get there to help you get some shorter lines.

The best way to think of a magicband is that it's just an ID bracelet and nothing is stored on it. The comptuers take who you are and look up what your trying to do. It's no different than disney or reseller sending you a hard plastic ticket in the mail, it's just one you wear on your wrist and adjust what you have in MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter