Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are Canadians and we are traveling in late March. We really want the MB 2.0 this trip so I have been holding out on customizing our bands. Based on your previous post we should receive the 2.0 but the icons in the customization screen look like MB 1.0... Does this matter? Did the people who received MB 2.0 see the new bands in their MDE when customizing?

nobody sees 2.0 bands on the website yet unless they purchased a limited edition band and linked that to someone. I honestly have no clue when picked up bands will start to be 2.0. I can say 1 thing if you customized them 100 days or late feb, they still ship the same day to the resort so customize them now so you don't forget. with some luck, they will be 2.0.

Apologies if this has been covered. I searched the forums and this thread for a 1/2 hour so I hope I'm not too horrible in the searching department.

I have a plethora of inactive bands and cards - (about 15 from myself and family) on my MDE, is there a way to remove the inactive bands and cards from MDE because my the clutter I do not care for.

Apologies if this has been covered. I searched the forums and this thread for a 1/2 hour so I hope I'm not too horrible in the searching department.

I have a plethora of inactive bands and cards - (about 15 from myself and family) on my MDE, is there a way to remove the inactive bands and cards from MDE because my the clutter I do not care for.

no, but at the resort they might be able to fully remove them. Generally they only do that if you have more than 20 per person and they are causing problems. you can ask though.

no, but at the resort they might be able to fully remove them. Generally they only do that if you have more than 20 per person and they are causing problems. you can ask though.

Thank You both (for asking and answering)... I was wondering the same!

Hi, I'm new here! Just an FYI, I checked in to AKL today (2/2) for my last minute trip and we still received the old magic bands.

We booked our room 10 days ago, customized ASAP, and had the "Act quickly! Your bands could ship any moment!" message for 4 or 5 days. Then the status switched to, "Pick up at your resort." We got our custom colors, just not the new bands.

Not complaining or surprised, just wanted to report my experience since rumor had it the new bands *might* be available for last minute/international pick-up on 2/2!

Hi, I'm new here! Just an FYI, I checked in to AKL today (2/2) for my last minute trip and we still received the old magic bands.

We booked our room 10 days ago, customized ASAP, and had the "Act quickly! Your bands could ship any moment!" message for 4 or 5 days. Then the status switched to, "Pick up at your resort." We got our custom colors, just not the new bands.

Not complaining or surprised, just wanted to report my experience since rumor had it the new bands *might* be available for last minute/international pick-up on 2/2!

I found it odd someone reported an exact date, but it might be the date they start to send customized bands to the resort, not when they are at the resort..

Thanks for letting us know it's still 1.0 bands.

Great post, is there anyone to keep change batteries for these magic bands? or do I have to get a new one whenever the battery dies?

Great post, is there anyone to keep change batteries for these magic bands? or do I have to get a new one whenever the battery dies?

The battery can't be replaced. You get a new magic band every time you stay on site, or you can buy one. The battery is supposed to last for 2 years though, and it's only needed for long range things like ride photos.

The battery can't be replaced. You get a new magic band every time you stay on site, or you can buy one. The battery is supposed to last for 2 years though, and it's only needed for long range things like ride photos.

To be clear as I think it sometimes gets lost to someone new to them. 99% of the band you physically touch it to something, that part of the band does not use the battery so the important things like opening your room, tickets, fastpass, charging to room, meal plan do not use it and they in theory should last forever.

Also the new design with the removable icon (which is the electronics in it) is considered how you change the battery now because you can move the icon around or get another one for a favorite band. the catch22 is disney is not planning on selling just icons at this time so you're still getting a new band. the plus side, limited bands when they have a battery die can get a new icon.

Quick question!

I got cards for my park hopper, but have a magic band for my room. I'm going at the end of the month. Is it possible to link them so I don't have to carry two things? Will having two cause problems? Should I give customer service a call and have them link everything up?

Quick question!

I got cards for my park hopper, but have a magic band for my room. I'm going at the end of the month. Is it possible to link them so I don't have to carry two things? Will having two cause problems? Should I give customer service a call and have them link everything up?

If you purchased them from disney, they might already be linked. Check in MDE under tickets to see if it is already there. If it is, your already setup and don't need the hard ticket if you also have a magicband linked to you.

If they aren't or you got them from a reseller. Just go into MDE and link the tickets, it'll ask you to select who each ticket belongs too and it's very quick and easy. If you use the phone app you can scan it with the camera otherwise just type in the ticket id. Any magicband or card linked to the same person who will interchangeably so carry whatever you prefer.

The website or app will warn you if you have too many cards and bands (you need about 20 of them for it to happen) and then you just deactivate the old ones and you can add the new cards (it'll give you instructions if you need to do this) so if you don't get any messages and it's links with no problems, you are all setup and good to go.

To help in the future, everything is done in MDE. your band(s) and card(s) are just an electronic ID for disney computers to find you in MDE to look up tickets, fastpasses, room, etc..

Quick update-- checked at Disney Springs this morning and a few resorts yesterday, the accessories for the magic bands 2 are not available anywhere.

The cast member in Disney Springs acted like I was nuts and told me "magic bands 2 are not for sale yet at all." I didn't bother explaining that some of us had already received them, and really wanted the accessories :)

Yeah that is weird. I got this bad boy weeks ago. Can't wait to use it and my wife is eager to get her 2.0 from when we book and she really wants the keychain so I hope they get the accessories in soon.

mb2.jpg

I have read this thread, the ticket stickie thread, the Memory Maker stickie thread, and the SDFP thread and have a question still!

We are staying offsite. We ordered Memory Maker and have the RIFD tickets, not the MAgic bands. I would like the benefits of the Magic bands for convenience for Photographers and to get the videos and quicker photos from the rides.

I also want the Magic bands to get the SDFP. I would do that by adding Red Smith and Blue Smith to my MDE and linking the bands to them. Those bands can be used at kiosks to get the Same Day Fast Pass, if I read that thread properly. Red and Blue have no admission but have the bands. The rest of our party has admissions on the hard tickets with FP reservations but no MBs.

My question is this - will the MBs still work for the ride videos and photographers if they are not linked to an admission ticket? The bands are linked to our MDE so I am hoping that will work.

I have read this thread, the ticket stickie thread, the Memory Maker stickie thread, and the SDFP thread and have a question still!

We are staying offsite. We ordered Memory Maker and have the RIFD tickets, not the MAgic bands. I would like the benefits of the Magic bands for convenience for Photographers and to get the videos and quicker photos from the rides.

I also want the Magic bands to get the SDFP. I would do that by adding Red Smith and Blue Smith to my MDE and linking the bands to them. Those bands can be used at kiosks to get the Same Day Fast Pass, if I read that thread properly. Red and Blue have no admission but have the bands. The rest of our party has admissions on the hard tickets with FP reservations but no MBs.

My question is this - will the MBs still work for the ride videos and photographers if they are not linked to an admission ticket? The bands are linked to our MDE so I am hoping that will work.
If the IDs the are linked to aren't also linked to any tickets then I don't believe you would be able to get FPs on them. Why not just link them to two real people on your account. Then they will definitely work for your memory maker.

I read this thread about having people on my MDE that are not linked to tickets but are linked to a MB. These MBs should be able to get same day fast passes (not the reservations you get with admission tickets but anything available the day you walk in). http://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747

I am offsite, so no bands for us with reservations. Just the hard tickets with 30 days out. I think that thread said the MBs would work with photo pass now that I reread it for the 5th time!

I read this thread about having people on my MDE that are not linked to tickets but are linked to a MB. These MBs should be able to get same day fast passes (not the reservations you get with admission tickets but anything available the day you walk in). http://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747

I am offsite, so no bands for us with reservations. Just the hard tickets with 30 days out. I think that thread said the MBs would work with photo pass now that I reread it for the 5th time!
Ahh, the last time I read up on that info it was from 2015, and it was for people with extra ticket media in their accounts. Or perhaps it was the thread about how to get extra prebooked FPs. My apologies :)

We got our bands in today. Here's how our colorswapping looks:
Y5JcmU4.jpg

If you purchased them from disney, they might already be linked. Check in MDE under tickets to see if it is already there. If it is, your already setup and don't need the hard ticket if you also have a magicband linked to you.

If they aren't or you got them from a reseller. Just go into MDE and link the tickets, it'll ask you to select who each ticket belongs too and it's very quick and easy. If you use the phone app you can scan it with the camera otherwise just type in the ticket id. Any magicband or card linked to the same person who will interchangeably so carry whatever you prefer.

The website or app will warn you if you have too many cards and bands (you need about 20 of them for it to happen) and then you just deactivate the old ones and you can add the new cards (it'll give you instructions if you need to do this) so if you don't get any messages and it's links with no problems, you are all setup and good to go.

To help in the future, everything is done in MDE. your band(s) and card(s) are just an electronic ID for disney computers to find you in MDE to look up tickets, fastpasses, room, etc..

When I go onto the WDW Experience app, I can see the room reservation, but I cannot see the magic bands associated with it. My friend who made the reservation adjusted my band so that it's the color I want, but it doesn't show up underneath "My MagicBands and Cards" in My Account. I can see my 4 day hopper, which I got from a reseller but linked to my account. That is in card form. I can also see the fast-passes that my other friend set up for us, which I believe are connected to my ticket. And I can see my old magic band from my trip in June.

Can I just wait until I'm there and/or have the magic band in hand and have it all link up then?

Just back from our stay that started on January 16 (one night reservation made at 10am THAT day to avoid a freezing rain storm) --obviously no new bands needed because we had old ones --asked if we wanted grey ones, declined them.

Checked in to OKW on January 17 and received old style bands (purple and blue for those curious)

Upgraded to an AP for mine and ordered my band to get delivered to the resort hoping for a 2.0 --less than 24 hours later yet another old style purple at front desk

On the 19th re-checked in (is that a word?) for 2nd reservation, same resort, same room and the CM did NOT give us bands i knew were there, telling us "you don't need them" Once i noticed they were still active on my account I went and asked for them "sorry you declined them, we sent them back" HUH?? i did not, so ordered more and cancelled those (i wanted the new colours dang-it)
3 days later get a call bands are at desk -- you guessed it, 2 old bands in purple and blue since she re-ordered the 1st set NOT second

on the 3rd of February , 3rd reservation, same resort, same room ... AGAIN didn't want to give me bands i KNEW were there, convinced the CM to please hunt them down (really wanting the new spiffy ones) NOPE, 2 more old bands --orange and green this time.
Beside us there were 3 other families checking in: all 3 got old style

My evaluation? ONLY US residents, who are getting bands shipped to their home addresses, are getting the 2.0s. Found this a tad frustrating but hey, 1st World Problems, right?

Has anyone heard anything about when they will be selling the solid colored Magic Band 2 on disneystore.com? I'm staying off-site in June and want to buy Magic Band 2. I've noticed some of the Magic Band 1 colors are sold out online. I'm hoping that means they will be selling the new ones soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter