Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

Yeah, I'm hoping you're right about the times. I can't imagine anything being more than 30 minutes long. I plan to do the second parade so that during the first one, I can go to other stuff. Not sure where to watch. I want to watch the fireworks from the bridge to Tomorrowland probably. That was good last year. Then there's a show at the Castle after that and before the second parade. I'm not sure how much crowd movement there will be to get to a good spot. Would it be the same route as Spectro? I'm just hoping that after the fireworks it clears out some. YIKES!

Thanks for all of the replies! I feel a bit better now. :thumbsup2 My DH has been telling me not to stress out, but I'm just a worrier.

We're planning on doing MVMCP on Tues, Dec 1, but we haven't bought tickets yet. We're hoping to avoid bad weather or sold out parties. Of course, not going on that date would totally through off all of my plans. lol

How easy is it to walk up to the Candlelight Processional during the week 12/12 through 12/19? Is it extremely crowded? Is it likely that we could still get a seat if we get there around 30 minutes before the show?

How easy is it to walk up to the Candlelight Processional during the week 12/12 through 12/19? Is it extremely crowded? Is it likely that we could still get a seat if we get there around 30 minutes before the show?

The crowds won't be as bad as Christmas week! BUT...everything I have read states that people line up at LEAST an hour before the show. I don't know if 30 minutes would even be worth it....I know you can kinda stand across the street and see it.....we've walked past that line before....WOW--it was soooo long!!! I would definitely plan a one hour minimum!!

You need to line up more like 45 mins to an hour before if you actually want to get in.The closer you get to Christmas , the longer you need to wait.PLUS, it depends on which narrator you are looking at .Vanessa Williams may be harder to get into then Abigail Breslin, but in any event it is VERY popular no matter who is narrating.I am going during that week , and possibly doing standby for CP and getting in line about 60 mins or more ahead of time. the UG crowd calendar has jumped in numbers indicating it will be a little more crowded than I was planning on, so I am rolling with it

Any word on what value and moderate hotel the pop warner crew are staying at in December.

Does anyone know for sure when they are taping at MK for the Christmas parade?

I have MVMCP tickets for 12/3 but I wanted to do one more day at MK but not a day they are taping.

Last year I was there that week and people started lining up almost two hours in advance. Even with reserved seating people were lining up 45 minutes in advance to get good seats... I have ADRs for it, but strongly considered just standing outside it to watch and listen...

New Years Eave at the Magic Kingdom....:scared1: For those of you that have gone, do the crowds mostly form around the castle and the central hub, or is all of the park just way to crowded? I'll be on site, just wanted to know your prospective..:thumbsup2

I don't want to scare or discourage you, but I've been both Christmas and New Years, and it is very busy all around. I don't think I noticed much difference between the two. Especially Magic Kingdom- the entire park was pretty swamped.

But I think just preparing for it ahead of time- get up and out early (all FPs gone very early in the morning), and know you're not likely to get as much done as you might be used to other times of the year; you'll still have a great time!

It really is something to see though! And who knows, with the economy, maybe even the holidays won't be as busy this year as they used to be.

I don't want to scare or discourage you, but I've been both Christmas and New Years, and it is very busy all around. I don't think I noticed much difference between the two. Especially Magic Kingdom- the entire park was pretty swamped.

But I think just preparing for it ahead of time- get up and out early (all FPs gone very early in the morning), and know you're not likely to get as much done as you might be used to other times of the year; you'll still have a great time!

It really is something to see though! And who knows, with the economy, maybe even the holidays won't be as busy this year as they used to be.

Thanks for the response. It is interesting, that all of the resorts still have plenty of rooms available for the Christmas and New Years weeks. Maybe the crowds won't be as bad this year. I can only hope.:santa:

Here is hoping crowds are down while planning for them to be high!

Availability does seem to be plentiful. We added a day to our reservation at the end - now staying 12/17 - 12/28. We have 4 kids so two rooms and we have the free dining, and I was able to easily do that just the other day. Oh, and we are staying at POFQ.

A few people I know that can only go in the middle of summer told me that this summer was drastically low.
So this looks like the best year to go during the holidays!
And I can't imagine it will book up too much further- the discounts have been out for a while now. My guess is that even more availability will open up once people cancel at the 45 day mark.

No matter what, if you set to out to have a good time, you will.

It seems that I only see really angry, disgruntled guests during holidays or peak times; being very rude and lashing out at others because they are annoyed with the crowd. I just think to myself, what did you really expect?
If they go down expecting Christmas to be as empty as September, and are the type that does not handle stress well, they are going to waste their vacation and be miserable (and I've seen a lot of it :guilty:)

BUT if you go down prepared to have a good time, enjoy the time with your family, and just be thankful to be at a wonderful place, with wonderful people, during a wonderful time :cloud9:
Ok too cheesy :laughing: I've just reminded myself of a pet peeve of mine. I hate to see people who visit unprepared, with mile-high expectations, thinking the crowds (or anything else that goes wrong) are an inconvenience to them, and try to make everyone around them miserable so they aren't alone.

Haha you sound like me! I am a worrier big time, so I set out each trip prepared for the worst (weather, crowds, bus problems, etc), so that I'm always pleasantly surprised. Last year, the forecast called for thunderstorms every single day- and we saw a tiny 1/2 hour sprinkle late one night. It was beautiful the entire week!

My husband and I are kicking around a quick 3 day trip mid November...and he brought up going to the MVMCP....so I'm definitely looking for all the info I can find! I just went to my first MNSSHP last week, and we were supposed to take our family trip in November next year, but decided to do September instead, so this may be the last time for a few years I can see the Christmas decorations at WDW. :goodvibes

Haha you sound like me! I am a worrier big time, so I set out each trip prepared for the worst (weather, crowds, bus problems, etc), so that I'm always pleasantly surprised. Last year, the forecast called for thunderstorms every single day- and we saw a tiny 1/2 hour sprinkle late one night. It was beautiful the entire week!

Me too! I feel like if I'm prepared for the worst it can only be better than I imagined :)

Last year I was there that week and people started lining up almost two hours in advance. Even with reserved seating people were lining up 45 minutes in advance to get good seats... I have ADRs for it, but strongly considered just standing outside it to watch and listen...

So what can you see from standing outside and watching? Is the whole thing in plain sight or can you just hear it? Do a lot of people do this? We have the CP package booked but I can't get the restaurant I want and it is so expensive to be eating somewhere we're not crazy about.

So what can you see from standing outside and watching? Is the whole thing in plain sight or can you just hear it? Do a lot of people do this? We have the CP package booked but I can't get the restaurant I want and it is so expensive to be eating somewhere we're not crazy about.
My best friend and I went last year and sat outside the american pavilion to see the CP. We could see and hear everything, though the view was not totally unobstructed. we could have also stood at the rope and watched....the theatre slopes downward and if I remember correctly the choir is arranged to make a tall christmas tree, so you can just simply walk by and look down see/hear everything.

Hi, Im just wondering what the dining is like on christmas day, Do they do christmas dinner and can you pre book the resturants online ect.
Thankssssss, Jack

Availability does seem to be plentiful. We added a day to our reservation at the end - now staying 12/17 - 12/28. We have 4 kids so two rooms and we have the free dining, and I was able to easily do that just the other day. Oh, and we are staying at POFQ.

I thought the free dining was only until 12/17

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter