Exact process for booking Space 220

Brandonius

Disneyland is fun.
If anyone could help me understand the exact process I need to go through to book Space 220 for my fam during our January trip, I'd appreciate it!

I've never been to WDW - we've spent LOTS of time at Disneyland in California and I've been to Disneyland Paris, as well as quite a few other theme parks in Europe and the USA. The dining reservation thing is a monstrous process that I get the idea of, but am lacking on specifics. (In our like 60+ days at Disneyland we've only made 1 dining reservation, and it was not a competitive one. Quick service has always been all we've wanted lol)

I'm very comfortable doing the fast refresh thing, or waking up at 3 AM to book (I'm in Los Angeles) - I've played enough Disney IT slot machines to know what I'm getting into.

We are staying at the Swan from Monday, Jan 15 - Friday, Jan 19. Park days are the 16th, 17th, and 18th. (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). I'd like to book Space 220 for lunch on Thursday.

I've linked our reservations with MDE and the account on the website. I understand that I can book reservations 60 days out from Monday for the duration of the trip, so I chose to try for Thursday to give the most "extra time" possible, though I don't know how competitive it is. Will it be booked out before the 60+10 window is done?

When I click on the "check availability" button on the space 220 page, the farthest day that I can click on is 60 days out. (Dec 28, as of today). Will that change once we hit Nov 16? Or do I need to book somewhere else?

As I understand it, now that my reservations are already linked to my account, I'm sitting at my computer waiting until 5:45 AM EST, then I click "check availability", and see if there's availability. If not, then refresh the page that comes up AFTER I've clicked "check availability". Repeat until they drop. Realistically, expect the reservations to drop at 6 AM EST (so 3 AM PST for me.... this restaurant had better be good!), but still check 15 minutes before just in case. Once they drop, I can select a time and book via the website.

Is this right? Did I miss something? Is it realistic to expect reservations at 63 days out from the day? I have no idea what the dynamic is like, never tried it before.

Thanks for any help!

Sounds like you have a good plan of attack. It's what we all do, so I wish you the best of luck. I would say that sometimes, 60+3 works for reservations and sometimes it just doesn't, so...if at all possible for your trip....I would have a "Plan B" in mind for later in the trip...just in case. It's a very good restaurant in our experience. ...and yes, on your 'day 60', all your booking dates will open up provided you are staying onsite. Again, best of luck!

Someone will correct me if it’s changed, but I believe you can book at 60+ length of stay… so yes, for you, that would be at 63 days.

Make sure you are counting correctly… count actual calendar days, to account for months with 31 days. This is especially important for the “impossible” ADRs. You don’t want to end up being a day late, leaving you a dollar reservation short. 😉 There’s calculators online to help figure out your ADR window as well.

Someone will correct me if it’s changed, but I believe you can book at 60+ length of stay… so yes, for you, that would be at 63 days.
Nope - it's sixty days from your first day, but you can then book the subsequent days of your stay - which will all be greater than 60 days out from that date.

The ADR for this venue is very difficult to obtain. If all else fails, try to walk-up at an off time (i.e. 3, 3:30pm) for a shot at the bar. We did this and it was basically a "walk-on." We sat at the bar, but there seemed to be table in the area. Pretty sure you can order just about anything from the menu at the bar(and I "think" kids are ok at the bar)

Also check the night before or the day of. We could never get a pre-arrival reservation but were able to get 3 last-minute spots.

How many are in your party? The reservation system does not like odd numbers so always search for even…. So if you’re 3, search for 4.

You have the plan right :goodvibes I was able to get Space for five people for our December trip at 60+2. Just in case you didn't know, there are two listings for Space 220 - the lounge, which allows you to order from either the prix fixe menu or the lounge menu, but tables only seat four, and the restaurant, which is prix fixe only. We have done both and like both, but since we have five people this time, we went with the restaurant. The lounge seems to be the harder reservation since you don't have to get the prix fixe meal. There is also the bar, which is walk up only and 21+. Good luck!

Edited: Oh, and like the PP suggested, I was prepared to book for six and modify, but I actually had my pick of times for five people.

I think you have the correct responses already, but booking Space isn't any different than booking other ADRs, except it's smaller and pretty popular! If 11/16 is the 60-day mark (and based on a 1/15 arrival, I think that is correct), when you go online to book right at 3AM PT, you should see 1/15 available for booking, but all the days of your resort reservation. You should immediately go to the date for the Space reservation, make that (hopefully), and then return for any others. Not sure how impactful the holiday weekend just prior to your arrival will be for your reservations, but it seems later in the week just might allow you to grab a spot at Space! Good luck!

We are going for 9 days in Nov/Dec and we finally found a reservation on 60 + 7 days. Nothing was available before that. Was very happy to finally get it.

How many are in your party? The reservation system does not like odd numbers so always search for even…. So if you’re 3, search for 4.
We have 5. I'll be ready to try for 6 if needed. Good tip!
You have the plan right :goodvibes I was able to get Space for five people for our December trip at 60+2. Just in case you didn't know, there are two listings for Space 220 - the lounge, which allows you to order from either the prix fixe menu or the lounge menu, but tables only seat four, and the restaurant, which is prix fixe only. We have done both and like both, but since we have five people this time, we went with the restaurant. The lounge seems to be the harder reservation since you don't have to get the prix fixe meal. There is also the bar, which is walk up only and 21+. Good luck!

Edited: Oh, and like the PP suggested, I was prepared to book for six and modify, but I actually had my pick of times for five people.
That's encouraging! The days we are going are the start of the slow period in January so I have hope! We are trying for the restaurant. This is our only table service meal so the price is fine, and we don't drink so we don't care about the bar lol

Everyone is giving great advice so the only other tidbit I will add is that if you are shut out of Space 220 reservations at first on your booking morning, don't give up. We've been experiencing what I like to call "ADR Tetris" where folks scramble for what they can get initially and then go back in to modify to try and get closer to what they want. (I usually hang around on the website for at least 45 minutes to try and dial in what we're looking for.) And if that doesn't work, we have had success on at least two occasions getting same-day Space 220 reservations (where people are canceling before the two-hour cancellation window). Good luck and have a great trip!

Everyone is giving great advice so the only other tidbit I will add is that if you are shut out of Space 220 reservations at first on your booking morning, don't give up. We've been experiencing what I like to call "ADR Tetris" where folks scramble for what they can get initially and then go back in to modify to try and get closer to what they want. (I usually hang around on the website for at least 45 minutes to try and dial in what we're looking for.) And if that doesn't work, we have had success on at least two occasions getting same-day Space 220 reservations (where people are canceling before the two-hour cancellation window). Good luck and have a great trip!
I'm not sure I'll just "hang around" the website between 3 and 3:45 AM, but maybe I'll just be excited and want to stay up XD That's good to know as well, thanks!

That's encouraging! The days we are going are the start of the slow period in January so I have hope! We are trying for the restaurant. This is our only table service meal so the price is fine, and we don't drink so we don't care about the bar lol
You’re in for a real treat at Epcot. Festival of the Arts is awesome and has the best festival food booths, even better than Food & Wine. Goodluck with your reservation.

WDW announced changes are rolling out for Genie+ and ADRs in early January. Starting Jan 9 you should be able to set up a dining alert in MDE the week before your trip. Many openings pop up right before the date as people change plans. There are 2 different reservations for Space220 - the restaurant and the lounge. The restaurant is the prix fixe menu, the lounge has it’s own al a carte menu plus the prix fixe menu. If all else fails I think the waitlist starts taking names at 10:30am.

In my case the exact process has always been:

Wake up early on my dining reservation day and not be able to find it for any day of my trip.

Every time I've gone. :)

Update:
I was at my computer at 2:45 AM PST, refreshing. At literally 3 AM PST exactly the times dropped for our whole trip. For 60+3, there were dozens of times still available. I got basically the exact 11:40 AM slot that I wanted at the restaurant. Very happy!

Glad you got it! :cool1:Every time I've gotten Space 220 it was day of or day before. People do cancel. I checked the MDE app on the way over to Disney and snagged it. The next time I got it - was for my Brother who was visiting. I just happened to check the app the day before and there it was! :)

My son-in-law was able to get the lounge at 60 + 6. Me? I didn't even get my dates opened until 6:30 same situation for my daughter. Not for my son-in-law I'd have no reservations at all.
Good luck.

Update:
I was at my computer at 2:45 AM PST, refreshing. At literally 3 AM PST exactly the times dropped for our whole trip. For 60+3, there were dozens of times still available. I got basically the exact 11:40 AM slot that I wanted at the restaurant. Very happy!
That’s crazy! I remember trying for that last year a couple times and it was basically impossible to get any ADR for Space if you weren’t booking at 60+6 or more. ADR finders were my friend!

Do be aware sometimes Swolphin reservations drop off MDE, especially after check-in. So, if you want G+ or ILL do wake up a bit early in case you have to re-link. It’s been an IT issue for years 🙄

(“Disney IT slot machines” Am. Dying.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter