Excessive water on POTC?

Perhaps the crew wants to go do an investigation of this? Jr would be a good fit for this assignment

we got SOAKING wet last Nov (Thanksgiving) when it was like 40 degrees out. They gave us new clothes. My kids hair looked like they came out of the shower.

My husband, grown daughter and I rode the evening of Wednesday, October 28. We were in the last row. There were inches of water sloshing around in the bottom of the boat. The boat was also leaning to the right because a few larger people on that side (although that didn't use to happen). Went down the hill and the boat actually kind of snagged on the track, leaning so far to the right that water was sloshing over the top of the side. Two more boats came down behind us and banged into our boat which I think dislodged us so the boat started moving again. Throughout the ride the water was never more than a few inches below the side of the boat. A woman in the row in front of us got drenched from the waist down when the water topped the side.

Never experienced anything like it since the ride opened. Also, people were so totally distracted by all the water that it really ruined the ride. I honestly thought peope were exaggerating until we experienced it.

My husband, grown daughter and I rode the evening of Wednesday, October 28. We were in the last row. There were inches of water sloshing around in the bottom of the boat. The boat was also leaning to the right because a few larger people on that side (although that didn't use to happen). Went down the hill and the boat actually kind of snagged on the track, leaning so far to the right that water was sloshing over the top of the side. Two more boats came down behind us and banged into our boat which I think dislodged us so the boat started moving again. Throughout the ride the water was never more than a few inches below the side of the boat. A woman in the row in front of us got drenched from the waist down when the water topped the side.

Never experienced anything like it since the ride opened. Also, people were so totally distracted by all the water that it really ruined the ride. I honestly thought peope were exaggerating until we experienced it.
Wow that does not sound fun at all

DD17 and I rode on Thursday. We were the first in line for a new boat. He asked if we wanted the first row and informed us that we would get wet. We said no thanks, and he puts us in row 5. I did not notice any water sloshing at our feet.

There were issues last week. DH and I tried to ride on Tuesday and it was down. DD17 and DS15 tried to ride on Wednesday, and it was down part of the day. When they did ride, the mist before the drop wasn't working. They also got stuck at the top before the drop - where the skeleton is at the wheel in the storm. She says they were stuck for a good 10 minutes. When DD17 and I rode on Thursday, it was down for the morning and we rode in the afternoon. The mist still wasn't working and we got stuck in the final scene with Jack in the loot room. We could see the empty boats in front of us, but they weren't advancing them through to the loading zone. We were there for at least 15 minutes.

I just returned from WDW and managed to ride it only 2x during the last 2 weeks. It was down nearly every morning at rope drop for at least 2-3 plus hrs. Those of you who, like me, usually hit POC first thing at rope drop as part of our touring plan, will need to revise the plan.

I rode it once during the MNSSHP on Oct.29 in the late afternoon and others around me remarked that they were surprised it was running as it had been down most of the day. I rode it once again on Nov.4 in the mid afternoon with a 90 min wait in standby (it had been down all morning). I politely declined to ride in the front seat on Oct.29 and there was no problem with being seated in the second row. The floor was very wet and the bench wet. I was on the far left hand side of the second row and did not get soaked. Just splashed on my left arm and torso. Feet stayed dry. Guests in the front row did get wet. On my last ride, I was placed in the 3rd row, again on the far left side, and was sprayed with a bit of water on the left arm. Feet stayed dry.

The new fog overlay worked fine on both rides. The new costumes are very good and make the scenes pop. I couldn't smell any new scents like smoke, etc at all. During the first ride, I thought I smelled oranges during the market scene but that was likely just the lovely orange-scented soap used that morning in the shower by Disney Resort guests seated next to me. :-)I didn't smell anything on the last ride. I also didn't smell as much high chlorine during the ride.

While in line for the Jungle Cruise, a CM gave me some info. This is clearly rumor only and passed on by a young CM working a nearby ride. So please take it with a grain of salt and only for the limited value that it may have. When I asked if it has become routine for POC to be down nearly every morning, the CM told me that yes, it is routinely down nearly every morning (leading to their line swelling) and explained that she had heard that some problems had been fixed over the summer rehab but the "fixes" have created new "mechanical" problems that have now led to routine closures. She heard that POC will likely have to be closed soon for an extended, lengthy rehab to address all of the new mechanical problems caused by the summer rehab. She added that it is an old ride and needs a lot of work. So this suggests that the boats may not be the only issue and that, like others on the Boards mentioned earlier this year, POC is an aging ride that requires more attention and work than the summer rehab allowed for. Please don't shoot the messenger. :headache:It is only rumor but problems over recent weeks suggest something is up (down).

I just returned from WDW and managed to ride it only 2x during the last 2 weeks. It was down nearly every morning at rope drop for at least 2-3 plus hrs. Those of you who, like me, usually hit POC first thing at rope drop as part of our touring plan, will need to revise the plan.

I rode it once during the MNSSHP on Oct.29 in the late afternoon and others around me remarked that they were surprised it was running as it had been down most of the day. I rode it once again on Nov.4 in the mid afternoon with a 90 min wait in standby (it had been down all morning). I politely declined to ride in the front seat on Oct.29 and there was no problem with being seated in the second row. The floor was very wet and the bench wet. I was on the far left hand side of the second row and did not get soaked. Just splashed on my left arm and torso. Feet stayed dry. Guests in the front row did get wet. On my last ride, I was placed in the 3rd row, again on the far left side, and was sprayed with a bit of water on the left arm. Feet stayed dry.

The new fog overlay worked fine on both rides. The new costumes are very good and make the scenes pop. I couldn't smell any new scents like smoke, etc at all. During the first ride, I thought I smelled oranges during the market scene but that was likely just the lovely orange-scented soap used that morning in the shower by Disney Resort guests seated next to me. :-)I didn't smell anything on the last ride. I also didn't smell as much high chlorine during the ride.

While in line for the Jungle Cruise, a CM gave me some info. This is clearly rumor only and passed on by a young CM working a nearby ride. So please take it with a grain of salt and only for the limited value that it may have. When I asked if it has become routine for POC to be down nearly every morning, the CM told me that yes, it is routinely down nearly every morning (leading to their line swelling) and explained that she had heard that some problems had been fixed over the summer rehab but the "fixes" have created new "mechanical" problems that have now led to routine closures. She heard that POC will likely have to be closed soon for an extended, lengthy rehab to address all of the new mechanical problems caused by the summer rehab. She added that it is an old ride and needs a lot of work. So this suggests that the boats may not be the only issue and that, like others on the Boards mentioned earlier this year, POC is an aging ride that requires more attention and work than the summer rehab allowed for. Please don't shoot the messenger. :headache:It is only rumor but problems over recent weeks suggest something is up (down).
Very interesting, thanks for sharing

So I read something interesting over on the theme parks forum in the main thread about this issue. As per one person they were contacted by phone after she contacted disney about her experience with a boat taking on water, listing etc. She was told that a rehab is planned to address this problem. No details other than that. Here is a link to the thread if you are interested.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/flooded-potc-boats.3459066/
I wonder what happened to the old boats? Are they in the same pile where the Spectro floats were tossed?

While in line for the Jungle Cruise, a CM gave me some info. This is clearly rumor only and passed on by a young CM working a nearby ride. So please take it with a grain of salt and only for the limited value that it may have. When I asked if it has become routine for POC to be down nearly every morning, the CM told me that yes, it is routinely down nearly every morning (leading to their line swelling) and explained that she had heard that some problems had been fixed over the summer rehab but the "fixes" have created new "mechanical" problems that have now led to routine closures. She heard that POC will likely have to be closed soon for an extended, lengthy rehab to address all of the new mechanical problems caused by the summer rehab. She added that it is an old ride and needs a lot of work. So this suggests that the boats may not be the only issue and that, like others on the Boards mentioned earlier this year, POC is an aging ride that requires more attention and work than the summer rehab allowed for. Please don't shoot the messenger. :headache:It is only rumor but problems over recent weeks suggest something is up (down)
Exactly why Imagineers wanted a longer refurb but it wasn't granted.

We had a water situation on POTC when we visited in September, it had just opened after refurb. We were super excited because we've been on the DL one numerous times. Needless to say my dh got soaked...including his video camera bag. We ended up having to cut our night short because wind had kicked up and we were getting cold.
I wish I had thought about complaining because I recently saw in a Facebook group that a lady got a $200 voucher for new clothes when her family got wet. We just brushed it off and went back to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter