exchange rate good - do I buy now ?

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
Being as there is such a good exchange rate at the moment, I wondered whether I would be better off bying my dollars now for my hols in Dec :confused:

If I did, would the bank let me keep them in my account until Dec - and then just let me use my debit card in Orlando to spend them ?:confused:

:jester: 135 to go :jester:

You can't deposit US $ in a UK £ cheque account, so if you did buy your currency now it would have to sit in a drawer at home until your holiday later in the year.

If you have your spending money already I would stick it into a savings account for six months. That way you know for certain that your money will be earning interest, so even if the exchange rate continues to improve you would not have have 'lost' too much money because of the interest earned in the savings account.

Regards

Rob

I changed half of my spending money to dollars today (go in Sept)
got good rate 1.53, I'm going to hold on a little longer for the rest to see if it goes up any further. Will probably go down knowing my luck lol:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter