• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Exchanging Tickets

ArielSparrow

wanderin' free
I hope this is the right forum for this question. I tried chatting with Disney but they kept throwing copypasta at me and I felt like we were talking past each other for what I thought was a simple enough question.

We are staying offsite and are on the fence about MagicBands. If I have an eTicket, I may or may not be able to exchange it at Grand Floridian (they told me to call to confirm that part). On our first day, we are having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare then doing the monorail loop to explore the resorts a bit. I want to know if will call/guest relations for TTC is accessible immediately from the monorail stop or if I have to take the tram up to MK for that. We want to get that taken care of ahead of time and not the day we are actually trying to enter the Parks. We also want to avoid a trip to Disney Springs that day. We have a red eye flight and want to take a nap after the monorail loop.

I want to know if will call/guest relations for TTC is accessible immediately from the monorail stop or if I have to take the tram up to MK for that. We want to get that taken care of ahead of time and not the day we are actually trying to enter the Parks.
There are ticket windows at the TTC (Transportation & Ticket Center) which can exchange your eTickets for RFID enabled cards.

Given the choice between TTC and MK ticket lines, go for the TTC. There are tons more booths there so that helps the lines go a lot faster. No need to wait in a long Guest Relations line for a ticket exchange

You can't "take a tram up to MK" from the TTC, you either have to take a monorail or a ferry. If you are already at the GF, why not just hop on the monorail and go to Guest Relations/Will Call outside the MK?

Oh then I guess I misunderstood the way it's laid out. I thought you couldn't get to MK directly from the monorail and thought TTC was the name of the spot where the monorail/ferry/parking lot is. My bad!

So backing up, I'll be at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. The cast member I spoke with via chat said that GF might be able to exchange it for me. That's Plan A. For Plan B, I was trying to think of my options without going out of the way. I'll be doing themonorail resort loop before . It looks like I'll be passing both, but that I should go to TTC because the lines will be better there.

Oh then I guess I misunderstood the way it's laid out. I thought you couldn't get to MK directly from the monorail and thought TTC was the name of the spot where the monorail/ferry/parking lot is. My bad!

On the map below-
There are monorail stops at #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5.

The RESORT Monorail runs clockwise and loads/unloads guests at all 5 terminals.
The EXPRESS Monorail runs counter-clockwise and loads/unloads guests at #1 and #3 only.
There is also the EPCOT Monorail that runs clockwise and loads/unloads guests at #3 and Epcot (not shown) only.

MK-Area-2Lakes-5Resorts.jpg

Last edited:

Got it. So if Grand Floridian is unable to do give me cards, I can do it at TTC. Or is there anything worth looking at at the MK stop? Since I'm not planning on visiting there at all this trip? If not, probably better to avoid the crowds and stay on the monorail there.

Nothing more to see there than what you will see from the Monorail windows while you are passing. That view will be better than the ground one anyway :)

If you have a valid "eticket", whether on the phone or printed out - just as long as it has the bar code on it, you can exchange it right at the park Touch-Point entry for a hard card. Just show the "eticket" to the Park Greeter CM, they will scan it with the handheld and issue the hard card, hand it to you and then you use it for entry. Usually takes 20 to 30 seconds per ticket to do. HOWEVER, if you just have a "voucher" for tickets (sometimes guests call their voucher an eticket), then that will have to be redeemed at Will Call.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter