Expect the Unexpected: A 2021 PTR- finally updated and planning our next trip!

My son did the same thing after his. He also had a high fever for several days. His doctor sent him to the ER for tests. He was admitted for 3 days and a battery of tests. It came back that he only had a cold. This kid always keeps me on my toes. When ever he gets sick he will run 105 fevers.

Awww poor baby. That is so scary his temp gets so high! Thankfully she never got a fever. I didn't even put two and two together until my mother in law made a comment about it. I just thought she was getting her first cold. Given all the covid crap I brought her in as her breathing was weird, and the doctor confirmed it was most likely the vaccine given the timing,

We decided not to spend the money on a professional photographer for maternity and newborn photos and do them ourselves with our camera and my sister did a fantastic job playing photographer in my opinion!
Stunning pictures! I would have thought they were professionally done for sure.
I'm still here and still very pregnant 🤰. I'm 38 weeks this week and beyond ready to evict this child lol. We've been busy getting everything set up to prepare for his arrival and I think we're as ready as we'll ever be.
So exciting! It's a week later as I write this response and I am wondering if Robert has decided to come yet.....I wish you all the joys that motherhood brings. You will be amazing. :goodvibes

Corby... something... Corrinne, maybe? Starts with a C. Pretty sure.

giphy.gif

Oh you're not ready. You never will be, so don't worry about it. Trust me. It'll all work out wonderfully. :)

:rotfl: :rotfl:

You look beautiful, Courtney. :hug:

Thank you! 🥰

We bought an ornament every year for our DDs for the first few years.

I love this idea!

Your sister did an awesome job. This could be a good side job for her. I thought they were professionally done.

She really did! Thank you! 🥰

. I even lost it when the hospital called and said they had to move the date of my induction with my DS. I even called my dr on the after hours lines telling them they needed to do something.

Oo I would've lost it too! That's a terrible thing to do to a very pregnant person.

I get an ornament each year for each kid. I try to make it something that reminds me of that year. Like the one year DD made DH act out Beauty and the Beast all the time. She got an ornament with Belle on it. It has changed as they got older and they help me pick out ones. Still something about the year. DS got a baby yoda as he has been watching the Mandalorian on his own without us since we are waiting for all the episodes to be out before watching. His last year was a karate uniform with a black belt since he got his black belt. DD this year got a marshmallow guy sitting on a piece of chocolate playing the guitar. When the pandemic started she bought herself a guitar and taught herself how to play but she also ate a ton of smores over the summer when we watched movies outside. So it all fit her this year.

Aww that's perfect!

I have a photo ornament with the year on it for both my kids. I get them every year love to see them little. They are not expensive Hallmark ones. They have great ones at Michaels cheap every year.

Oo I love that idea!

I also have Hallmark ones people have given them. First Christmas up to age 5. Ones with there names on them. I have a large freezer bag for each child now...lol asked if my son wanted them for his first tree with his girlfriend. He told me not yet didn’t want to take them from me because I love every one of them.

Aw what a sweet boy. 💙

I also took a family picture every Christmas and picture of them alone. I have scrap books for each child with 8x10 ‘s in it . These too are my favourite. Printing pictures these days are so easy.

This is a great idea too. Printing pictures is really easy these days! I was able to make a photobook for my grandma from my phone the other day and she was able to pick it up at Walgreens an hour later!

The pictures are beautiful and such a nice keepsake!

Thank you! 💙

Both of my kids made very early appearances and that was scary! I am glad your little guy is staying in the right length of time. He will be healthy and strong!

I can only imagine! I was 6 weeks early and in the NICU so I would not have wanted that at all.

Yay to having a hiatus from work, ugh! Our numbers are the highest since the pandemic started! It is scary. We are locked down again for the most part. All bars, restaurants, and entertainment places are all closed through the year. The virus is so widespread now, it is everywhere 🤢

We are in random stages of locking down again. The politicians really make a mess of things. They're shutting down indoor dining again on Monday but reopening the schools and letting gyms reopen?? I can't figure out the logic behind the decisions.

Of course you have to get the baby’s first Christmas ornament and since he is a December baby, get a special one each year!

Definitely! I'll take any excuse for more ornaments.

Can’t wait to “meet” your little nugget soon! Those pictures turned out great. Your sister did a fantastic job with the pictures, you look amazing.

Thank you! 🥰 🥰

My absolute favorite tradition my family did growing up was opening a single present on Christmas Eve. Usually my mom managed to encourage us towards a book and I would start it before bed! One year my sister and I got matching pajamas and we IMMEDIATELY put them on.

Oo this is perfect. I love the idea of new pajamas or book on Christmas eve!

i do a special ornamen for my grandkids..I too link it to the year...cheering..football..one year I got them ornaments that matche to each ones Halloween costume..I also get each one a Christmas book and write a special message. Which we pit in a huge wicker basket by the tree.. when they grow up I will give them the ornaments and their books to start their collection..

These are both adorable ideas! I especially love the book idea!

Hi! Oh you poor thing! I never made it to 38 weeks! Savannah (well Covid) decided that 37+1 was the day. A routine doctors appointment blew up in my face and 6 hours later baby was here! I hope you can get some rest and enjoy the quiet. I actually felt more rested once the baby was here believe it or not. No more bladder stomping late at night! I do not blame you for wanting to push the trip back. My DD got sick, cold symptoms, right after her two month vaccine, so keep that in mind when picking dates. She was not a happy camper for about a week. Doctor said it was a normal vaccine reaction and that her system was building up its immunity.

Congrats on your daughter! It must've been crazy to go from a routine doctor's appointment to delivering her though!

I also feel more rested now that baby is here! We had the same thought about how he might not feel the best right after his shots.

My son did the same thing after his. He also had a high fever for several days. His doctor sent him to the ER for tests. He was admitted for 3 days and a battery of tests. It came back that he only had a cold. This kid always keeps me on my toes. When ever he gets sick he will run 105 fevers.

Awww poor baby. That is so scary his temp gets so high! Thankfully she never got a fever. I didn't even put two and two together until my mother in law made a comment about it. I just thought she was getting her first cold. Given all the covid crap I brought her in as her breathing was weird, and the doctor confirmed it was most likely the vaccine given the timing,

That's so scary! Kids certainly know how to keep their parents on the edge!

Robert Allan is Here!

Our little Robert Allan made his debut into the world! He decided to join us a week early at exactly 39 weeks.

Thank goodness I decided to stop working a week early lol- my last day of work was last Tuesday and he arrived on Sunday!

Unfortunately it was chaotic because after 13 hours of labor, they rushed us into an emergency c-section but luckily he and I are both fine!

If anyone was wondering, this is what your face looks like when you wake up from anesthesia (when you didn't even know you were being put to sleep) and they hand you your child.

He arrived on 12/6 at 6 lbs 4 oz of perfection 💙 💙 .

We came home late at night on the 8th and have been adjusting to life with a newborn as well as possible. He really is a good baby and sleeps in 3-4 hour blocks and eats like a monster in between.

I tortured him yesterday with a Mickey photoshoot. 🖤🐭

Today Mike tried to introduce him to his first football game

And this was the end result.

He has been sleeping peacefully like this since 7:30 pm and mommy and daddy finally got to pop the champagne we gave out as favors at the baby shower!

His arrival has also allowed us to make some decisions about our February trip! Pending how everything with COVID goes, we've moved our dates to February 18-24 at All-Star Movies and the night of the 24th at Cabana Bay. We're driving down and will spend a few days visiting Mike's sisters beforehand.

We are so excited to have our perfect little peanut here with us and can't wait to introduce him to Disney!

Oh my gosh, he is adorable and perfect! Congratulations and lots of love to your sweet family of three! ❤

Congratulations! He’s beautiful, enjoy every minute.

Thanks for sharing the cute pictures too. Can’t wait for future trip reports.

Robert Allan is Here!
:woohoo:
Thank goodness I decided to stop working a week early lol- my last day of work was last Tuesday and he arrived on Sunday!
Holy smokes! :faint:
Unfortunately it was chaotic because after 13 hours of labor, they rushed us into an emergency c-section but luckily he and I are both fine!
Glad to hear you're both doing well. :)
This is what happened to us with our first as well. Chaotic is an understatement! But... it will be a story you tell. :)
If anyone was wondering, this is what your face looks like when you wake up from anesthesia (when you didn't even know you were being put to sleep) and they hand you your child.
Awwwww. :goodvibes
We came home late at night on the 8th and have been adjusting to life with a newborn as well as possible.
Home quick after a C section!
Today Mike tried to introduce him to his first football game
:thumbsup2
we've moved our dates to February 18-24 at All-Star Movies and the night of the 24th at Cabana Bay. We're driving down and will spend a few days visiting Mike's sisters beforehand.
That sounds great. :) Hopefully that will work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter