expedia - meals and tickets included offer

skysky

Earning My Ears
Hi

im confused with expedia

Ive booked 18-22 jan 2009 at the santa fe, the intial screen had the special offer free meals offer , so we booked the standard room for £207.

there is nothing in the booking about the free meals and im a little worried.

In addition we booked 2 4 day hopper passes direct on the disney site, but when i looked at this

expedia.co.uk/daily/familystore/disneyparis/default.aspx

It claims park tickets are included, so im confused

Im happy with the price and paying for the tickets seperatly however im need confirmation of the meals and should i also have park tickets supplied by expedia ?

Ive emailed them about the meals and hopefully they confirm it.

Hi skysky,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board :goodvibes

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

I've also booked the Expedia room with free dining, for the end of November. Park tickets are not included in my booking - Expedia sell Disney room only (without park tickets) and packages (including park tickets). If you go on the site and have a look at the options, you should see separate prices on Expedia for with and without park ticket options.

I had to persevere to get the free dining note added to my confirmation from Expedia - you may have to do the same, as as you say, the free dining plan does not show up on your booking.
Let us know how you get on with that,

Hi

We booked with Expedia too and go a few days to the Santa Fe after you - 22nd - 25th and paid a similar price to you (we're two adults and two children) and ours is room only price so if you are a similar size party I would assume yours is the same. If you look on your confirmation it will state if they are included or not, mine states - "standard room, park tickets not included".

And yes the free meals has been a pain for a lot of us on here so you do have to pester them for a confirmation email of this. There has been quite a few threads on here about it. Some have found it easier to obtain than others.

Good luck and enjoy the trip.:banana:

Hi, I've got the same question, pretty much - sorry to ask again... My hotel-only booking is for two adults for 3 nights and we have no park tickets on the booking (we have been given some by Guest Communications). I just rang Expedia who said we don't get the free dining, and I'm really confused!

Hi, I've got the same question, pretty much - sorry to ask again... My hotel-only booking is for two adults for 3 nights and we have no park tickets on the booking (we have been given some by Guest Communications). I just rang Expedia who said we don't get the free dining, and I'm really confused!

how do you mean you have been given some, you should have to pay for park tickets :confused3

Are Expedia trying to suggest to you that because you've booked room only with them, you don't get the free dining plan included? If so, you'll have to get back to them. Because I also booked room only with Expedia, with the free dining plan included, and I have a note on my confirmation (after a bit of perseverance) to state that the dining plan is included.

Are Expedia trying to suggest to you that because you've booked room only with them, you don't get the free dining plan included? If so, you'll have to get back to them. Because I also booked room only with Expedia, with the free dining plan included, and I have a note on my confirmation (after a bit of perseverance) to state that the dining plan is included.

That's exactly what they said! I wasn't 100% sure that you'd only booked room only with dining plan, hence asking again - thanks!

Just wondering if anyone who booked with Expedia has been yet? Would love to know your experiences with the dining plan!!

Right now DisneyFoo is on the phone to someone at Expedia, they are being very very awkward and asking for peoples' itinerary numbers! This is such a hassle! Never again, Expedia, never again. :sad1:

Edit: Expedia have said we need to send an email with the itinerary numbers or names of others who have had the free dining added on, we told them we wouldn't be able to do this so looks like we are not getting free dining! The guy was helpful, he rang up Disney for us but apparently they said it is not for hotel only booking :confused3 oh well, we tried! Hopefully others will have more luck with this!

aw that's such a shame as we've booked with them a few times now and never had a problem (until the free dining).

Do you think it's because there were only so many free dining places at certain hotels and you just missed out?

Lets hope they sort it all out soon.

Right now DisneyFoo is on the phone to someone at Expedia, they are being very very awkward and asking for peoples' itinerary numbers! This is such a hassle! Never again, Expedia, never again. :sad1:

Edit: Expedia have said we need to send an email with the itinerary numbers or names of others who have had the free dining added on, we told them we wouldn't be able to do this so looks like we are not getting free dining! The guy was helpful, he rang up Disney for us but apparently they said it is not for hotel only booking :confused3 oh well, we tried! Hopefully others will have more luck with this!

Well, if that's true we'll be cancelling our booking for January - it is on our notes.
That's ridiculous for them to be asking you for other people's itinerary numbers though.

aw that's such a shame as we've booked with them a few times now and never had a problem (until the free dining).

Do you think it's because there were only so many free dining places at certain hotels and you just missed out?

Lets hope they sort it all out soon.

The guy we spoke to refused to acknowledge that anyone had free dining with room only, in fact he said he was "100% certain" that it was not possible with a room only booking. He just kept saying if you can give us the names/itinerary numbers of others who had free dining on room only bookings then they would have to add it on (which is somewhat of a contradiction considering his certainty!) But we said right from the start that this was not possible, yet the parting comment was to send them those details! I don't think he was listening. He did say he spoke to Disney who said we were not eligible, as are no room only bookings! This is all very confusing :headache: They really ought to make their minds up!

That's ridiculous for them to be asking you for other people's itinerary numbers though.

It really is! I told him we would not be able or willing to do this at all, he is asking us to get personal information off others :rolleyes:

How ridiculous! They should be reported to someone for this, they've made such a mess of it.

I've booked a flight-inclusive holiday so does that mean I'm ok? I have an email stating that the free dining IS included with my package, however who knows if that's even true? I guess I'll find out next week.

The guy we spoke to refused to acknowledge that anyone had free dining with room only, in fact he said he was "100% certain" that it was not possible with a room only booking. He just kept saying if you can give us the names/itinerary numbers of others who had free dining on room only bookings then they would have to add it on (which is somewhat of a contradiction considering his certainty!) But we said right from the start that this was not possible, yet the parting comment was to send them those details! I don't think he was listening. He did say he spoke to Disney who said we were not eligible, as are no room only bookings! This is all very confusing :headache: They really ought to make their minds up!

It really is! I told him we would not be able or willing to do this at all, he is asking us to get personal information off others :rolleyes:

They only have to look at their own website though to see that it was offered. What I don't know is if that means Expedia or Disney have to honour it. If you search the previous threads I know some people sent in screen shots if that will help? I'd send you my itinerary number but I'd be worried they'd say I couldn't have the free dining too, and like you I don't agree with them asking anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that your free dining didn't work out. Despite my offer supposedly including free dining on a room only basis, the email confirmation that they sent me didn't satisfy me that I was getting it included & despite several further phone calls to them I still got no further forward. I cancelled my booking last week with them & am now very glad I did.

The email confirmation they sent me said :

Thank you for contacting Expedia.co.uk.

I have looked into your issue regarding your Disney Offer, we have checked your itinerary and can confirm that this is the only offer valid to your booking is the Kids stay and play for free at Disney, this offer is valid for dining, please see your term and conditions.

Thank you for using Expedia.co.uk

I hope more people are not going to be disappointed when they arrive at their hotels. I have booked through Expedia before without a problem, but they seem to have made a real mess of this free dining offer.

They only have to look at their own website though to see that it was offered. What I don't know is if that means Expedia or Disney have to honour it. If you search the previous threads I know some people sent in screen shots if that will help? I'd send you my itinerary number but I'd be worried they'd say I couldn't have the free dining too, and like you I don't agree with them asking anyway.

Hi :), I was the one who actually spoke to them (I am travelling with Princesskins but she has a chest infection, so double trouble!) and I was shocked when he asked me for the itinerary numbers. We wouldn't expect anyone to offer us such information. Like you said, I would be worried they would turn around and say we made a mistake they can't have it either! He said he would send us a copy of the terms and conditions where it states a package booking is needed. Yet as I told him it did not say that when we booked, it merely stated that there was a special offer of free dining plan. This did not appear next to the rooms with tickets, but rather below the hotel information so covering all bookings effectively. Hopefully if you have confirmation there will be no further problems, I think it may just be getting the confirmation that is the trouble! Disney may well have to honour what Expedia say, we need someone who has travelled with Expedia to tell us what happened!

Just so we can compare and contrast the emails we've received, here's what I got:

Thank you for contacting Expedia.co.uk regarding your trip to Disneyland Paris. This offer is only available on the Buffalo & Rio Grande at the Disney's Cheyenne Hotel from the 9th November 2009. I hope this clarifies everything for you.

I sent back:

Thank you for the information. Could you please confirm that I would receive the free dining promotion if I book either a Buffalo or Rio Grande room at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne from Nov. 13-15?

This is what I got back:

This offer is available on the Buffalo & Rio Grande at the Disney's Cheyenne Hotel from the 9th November 2009. For assistance in booking, please contact our call centre. We're available 24 hours on 0871 226 0808 (Calls charged at 10 pence per minute BT rate.. Charges may vary from other networks) or from outside the UK on +44 2030248211 (usual costs apply). Thank you for using Expedia.co.uk and I hope you find this information useful.

From those emails, one would expect it all to work out ok but I just don't know anymore. :confused3

I agree Disneyfoo, we really need some feedback from someone who has travelled with Expedia!

Well I'm booked at the Cheyenne but just a regular room, and I supposedly have the free dining!
there are at least two sets of people going in November I think.
Here is what my (chased & amended) confirmation email says:

This email contains a copy of an Expedia.co.uk itinerary sent by Expedia.co.uk agent from Cathy *******'s account. For the most up-to-date information we recommend you view this itinerary online.
Marne-la-Vallee, France (Change name)
Click this link if you would like to create a similar itinerary.
Repeat this trip.
Notes for Cathy:

Free Disney Dining Plan is included in the booking.

Edit notes

Well I'm booked at the Cheyenne but just a regular room, and I supposedly have the free dining!

Odd. The two emails I received about free dining only being included for Buffalo/Rio Grande rooms were from separate people. Maybe they only allocate a certain number for each hotel and the standard rooms with free dining had sold out by the time I booked?

You should be ok as you've had a note added to your booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter