• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedia question???

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
Does anyone know how often Expedia changes prices or if there is a better day to try to get good airfares????

We are trying to surprise my mom with a plane ticket to meet us in WDW. Yesterday, I had a quote for $177, this morning the exact same fight is now $285!! I only printed the quote, not hold it....:(

Anyone know if this will go down or not????

Thanks!
Karen

What might have happened is that someone else bought seats on one or both of the flights you had gotten a quote on, thus driving up the price. Even if you had placed the flights on hold the price would have risen. What most people don't understand is that when you put an airline reservation on hold all it does is hold your seat, NOT the price you were quoted. Your price is only guaranteed at the time of payment, not the reservation. It is possible that the fare might drop back down in a couple of days, just keep checking. Airfares change ALL the time, minute by minute, so there is really no way to give you a best time to check. Expedia's prices are driven by the airlines, so they don't set the prices, just provide a service for you booking your ticket.

Hi Lori! Thanks for the info. I never realized that a "hold" could still have the prices change. I am just going to keep on checking, and maybe call the airlines themselves. Not giving up yet, I stiill have a few weeks to go.

Thanks again.....Karen

Check the airline web sites also. Sometimes they give better deals there.

Don't limit yourself to just Expedia (it's my experiance that they haven't always shown all the best priced flights available).
Besides Expedia, I use Travelocity's farewatcher (or whatever it's called) and I check it a couple times a day. They will even show you other airports and how much you could save (I'm saving $100 a ticket and flying out of a closer, smaller airport!). Once I find the price/flight I want, I go directly to the airlines website to make sure it really is available and book there.
Orbitz is another good site.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter