Expedition Everest Challenge 2015 - EEC 2015

rhettreaux

Never not childish.
Hello Everyone,

I had an amazing time at the 2014 Expedition Everest Challenge this May and I definitely want to do it again. I heard unsubstantiated rumors that 2014 was the last year for the EEC. I hope those rumors aren't true!

If you have any information about the 2015 Expedition Everest Challenge, please post it on this thread.

Hopefully I'll see all of you at the race in 2015!

Rhett

I wasn't there the year but heard the final instructions said it would be first week of May 2015.
My husband and I are hoping to do it so I hope it wasn't the last year this year :)

Well, what most rumors hinted they would replace it with is happening in California in January, so...

I'm also hoping it continues. Most fun i've had in AGES doing a 5K.

If you're talking about the Star Wars races, I hope that's not true. Two of the things I really like about the EEC are the obstacle course (though it could use some more obstacles) and the scavenger hunt, which I have not seen duplicated in any other Disney races.

Does anyone recall when the EEC 2014 was announced?

I am pretty sure they are doing Everest next year. May 1st and 2nd. They list those dates in the race information for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend.

You mean they list the Expedition Everest challenge as being an upcoming race in the Half Marathon Weekend race packets?

I am pretty sure they are doing Everest next year. May 1st and 2nd. They list those dates in the race information for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend.

The Disneyland Official Event Guide (last page) available online does not list EEC for 2015. The Final Race Instructions for Disneyland Half from the website does list EEC for May 1-2 in 2015, but it also says registration is now open (which it isn't). So still a lot of gray area based only on what they're making available in other race materials. . . :confused3:scared:

to add further confusion/fodder for the rumor mill, EEC is not listed in the ToT event guide.

i think they are clearly planning to either scrap it or (hopefully) retheme it while keeping the obstacle course so many love. it would be nice if they could make an announcement either way.

I asked a CM at the rD booth at DLHM. She said that her best guess is that the event would definitely not be back on the same weekend since registration hasn't opened yet, but she said there is always a possibility that it'd be scheduled for a later date in the year. A bit of hedging, but I'm sure she either doesn't have more info or can't say more. Interestingly this was right after someone walked by the booth to show off the EE medal to a friend, and talk about how cool the event is/was. So, I think the short answer is it won't be the first weekend in May, but maybe there's still a tiny chance it comes back another weekend.

I asked a CM at the rD booth at DLHM. She said that her best guess is that the event would definitely not be back on the same weekend since registration hasn't opened yet, but she said there is always a possibility that it'd be scheduled for a later date in the year. A bit of hedging, but I'm sure she either doesn't have more info or can't say more. Interestingly this was right after someone walked by the booth to show off the EE medal to a friend, and talk about how cool the event is/was. So, I think the short answer is it won't be the first weekend in May, but maybe there's still a tiny chance it comes back another weekend.

I know you're just the messenger...

Her reasoning doesn't make much sense. Registration for this year's EEC didn't open until December.

A later date also doesn't make sense given Florida's weather.

Sounds like a lot of hedging to me.

While my pocketbook would appreciate the year off, I really hope they do it again next year, or something similar in a different WDW park.

Doesn't look good for an EEC in 2015. There's no listing on the Save the Date page I clicked to from the Certificates page from DL HM at mydisneymarathon dot com slash disneyland (still too new to be able to post links)
:confused3

---------------------------
PJ in (still HOT) FL

I'm hoping that Rundisney confirms something about this race at the TOT expo this coming weekend.

Take this with a grain of salt but I asked at the runDisney booth about 2015 and the guy there said yes it will be held. Didn't have dates but said it should be announced soon.

Take this as you will, but i found this on the Disney Sports Site. It was posted October 9th, 2014
It specifically states:

Expedition Everest Challenge Weekend
May 1-2, 2015 │ Walt Disney World Resort

On Sale: Dec. 16, 2014

:cool1:

Just Google: "expedition everest challenge 2015" It was on the second page for me and was titled: "On your mark, get set, GO!"

It was also on runDisney's official events calendar posted Thursday on Facebook -- for 2015 but not for 2016.

My DD9 is the one who originally wanted us to do this race as a family. Now that the registration is looming (and training needs to begin), my DD11 is saying she doesn't want to participate:sad2:. In reality, I think she just doesn't want to train for it:snooty:. We were planning on registering as two 2-person teams...DH and DD9 and me and DD11.

What happens if we register as a team and then DD11 really decides she does not want to do it? I would get a KNO sitter for her and she would have to stay in the room while we go have fun. I just want to make sure that if one person on the team backs out, the other person is still eligible to run. I know that the fees are non-refundable, which would sting a bit, but I'd rather have her sign up and then back out rather than not sign up and decide she really wants to do it after registration is closed.

I'm really hoping the 2015 date is 'on'. We're going to book DVC and hope for the best! We did this several years ago and loved it even though it was a torrential downpour! Loved the obstacle course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter