Expedition Everest drop intensity?

I love drops but am... less inclined to go on coasters that make you go upside down. That backwards part on EE REALLY messed me up! Still an amazing Disney coaster, really checks all the boxes.

One thing that helps people with drops that I use sometimes is leaning back, basically slouching down into your seat. Put legs and feet as far in as they can go.

Love this because I think there should be a whole thread on how to avoid that feeling and that's a great tip! Question though, did the backwards mess you up in a stomach- drop way, or more of a motion sickness kind of way? Cause the only way I'll ever get motion sick is if I ride rockn rollercoaster 5 times after a few brews.

Love this because I think there should be a whole thread on how to avoid that feeling and that's a great tip! Question though, did the backwards mess you up in a stomach- drop way, or more of a motion sickness kind of way? Cause the only way I'll ever get motion sick is if I ride rockn rollercoaster 5 times after a few brews.
Ooh I meant messed up because I didn’t expect it. I knew there would be a backwards part but did NOT expect the feeling of going upside down! Just prepare yourself for that. :)

You're doing this after hours? It's so much better when it's dark outside--it's REALLY dark in the caves, which turns the excitement up. And if you look over (I think it's to the left?) as you're going up the first big hill you can see Spaceship Earth all lit up.

I find EE more intense than splash and certainly more intense than 7DMT- some of that is the backwards part and some is the swift and steep drop at the end. It’s a great ride though.
/\
This!
If I were to rank the WDW "thrill" rides in intensity, EE would come in second.
TOT is first and it legitimately scares me! My legs actually shake when I get off! Needless to say, I haven't ridden it in a while.
EE is second, but not because of the forward drop, which I find pretty tame, but because of the backwards section. It's a lot of fun and by far my favorite WDW thrill ride!
RnR is third and really only the take off gets me and i find it very short.
Splash is fourth because of the big drop.
Space Mt is 5th because of the dark, but I don't ride it often anymore. Getting whiplash in the pitch black is not fun, IMO.
BTMR is 6th because it's fast and tight spirals
7DMT is 7th, super cute and smooth

My DH is not a fan of heights and doesn't like big drops. He refuses to ride Splash, but EE is his favorite. He will ride it over and over.

I don't consider EE as a big drop. It has a drop, but its a curved drop. Just fun, but not scarey.

The backward part bothered my neck and back a bit. I was done after two rides.

The banked curve drop was fine for me. In fact, I find SDD's big drop after the launch more intense than EE's

The forward drop is no problem, it's the backwards helix that messes up a lot of people. :scared:
This. I don't even have motion sickness and that part always gets me. For some reason, I feel like I am going upside down, even though I know I'm not. I just close my eyes, LOL.

I have the same problem with coasters as the OP. I found that EE didn't really bother me much, because the big drop is curving, it doesn't create that same feeling as a straight forward drop.

For me, it's a completely different experience sitting in the front vs. the back. Riding in the back car did give me a stomach drop feeling and also kind of a g-force feeling? It made me feel a little queasy. I've always found it to be a comfortable ride near the front though, even when going backwards.

Those few seconds of going backwards are literally the worst part of any WDW trip for me. I just close my eyes and pray for it to be over quickly. The big hill drop is actually refreshing because of the daylight and rush of air on my face! :sick::sick::sick:

I am always convinced you are going upside down when the ride switches and starts going backwards. I know its not the case but my brain says otherwise!

I dont like the drop at all on Splash, but EE is my favorite ride ever! Someone mentioned that the big drop is a "banked drop" meaning it curves as it drops, doesnt just go straight down like Splash, and that makes it so much more fun and less that awful falling feeling. The backwards in the dark is intense, but it isnt that drop feeling either, so it sounds like you will enjoy it!!

Also don't like drops much but I think EE's fine. Might make your head feel a little wierd but that's all

I put off riding this one for 13 years because I was terrified of that drop. I finally rode it, like you, during an after hours event because I figured if I ever rode it, the time was when there wasn't any line. I keep my eyes closed on the incline, but I have to say that EE has become one of my favorite rides. We rode it 3 times that night, and then four times at our next AH. I found it the most intense in the front, least intense in the middle. You'll like it!

I want to believe all of you that there is no stomach-drop feeling but I just can't pooh: lol like OP I am not here for the drops but would love some reassurance that there's no big drop so I can enjoy the backwards wildness.

I dont like the drop at all on Splash, but EE is my favorite ride ever! Someone mentioned that the big drop is a "banked drop" meaning it curves as it drops, doesnt just go straight down like Splash, and that makes it so much more fun and less that awful falling feeling. The backwards in the dark is intense, but it isnt that drop feeling either, so it sounds like you will enjoy it!!

I 100% agree with everything mentioned here!

The drop is more intense if you're riding in the back. The backwards part is more intense if you're riding in the front. Soooo...be sure to ride it twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter