• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest or TOT for 8 yr old child

Every kid is different, but I figure MOST kids would be OK on Everest or TOT. Can you only go to one of those two parks? Then you'd have to weigh the benefits. TOT is a better ride than Everest, IMO, however AK is probably a better park overall.

We're taking our soon-to-be 8 year-old on those rides. She wanted to ride them last time when she was 6 (I know she was tall enough for ToT, but I forget the height requirement for EE.), but we wouldn't let her.

my dd was 6 1/2 last time we went down and rode botha dn loved them only thing she wouldnt ride is summit plummet( i wouldnt do that one either)

My DD was 4 yrs old on our first trip to DW, and her absolute favorite ride of all the parks was ToT. She is very tall for her age, but I was surprised she was able to ride it at all. We literally had to take turns going again and again with her because none of use big people wanted to ride it back to back! I think she went 4 times in a row that day. :rotfl: That's all she talked about when people asked her about Disney! I honestly don't remember if she was tall enough for EE, but I kind of doubt it. She would have been fine with it though, she loves all roller coasters! The only ride that truly freaked her out was at Universal this past year, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. She was bawling during the ride and the way the seats are set up...all I could do was hold onto her knee with one hand to let her know I was there. That was an awful feeling for both of us :sad1: So, you have to go with your gut...I honestly don't think ToT or EE are too "scary" for an 8 yr old, but every child is unique! :upsidedow

I agree with checking out the youtube videos, they were a huge help to us as well!

My 8 yr old is willing to try either EE or TOT. In your opinion, which would she like better? She loves BTMRR, Splash Mountain and Goofy's Barnstormer. She HATED Space Mountain...it was too bumpy and dark for her. She wants to try something new, but I don't want her to be scared. Thanks!

:confused3princess:
My kids have been riding Tower of Terror since they were 4 and Everest since they were 6, but really no one can tell you how your child will react or what they will like or not like. Something one child or adult loves/hates is too personally subjective. The best thing you can probably do is show her the Youtube videos of each of the rides and let her decide.

Our 7yo rode both last August, but says ToT is scarier - but that really neither one is that scary and he can't wait to ride both again. :)

My 6-year-old hated ToT -- wasn't surprised because he hated a similar outdoor drop ride at a local park last summer. That stomach-drop feeling isn't this thing. He really liked EE and rode it three times in one day.

I think if you knew how your daughter reacted to the bottom-dropping-out kind of ride you'd have a better idea of how she's feel about ToT.

I would personally go with EE if she's enjoyed other coaster-type rides. It's really not rough.

PHXscuba

My 8 yr old is willing to try either EE or TOT. In your opinion, which would she like better? She loves BTMRR, Splash Mountain and Goofy's Barnstormer. She HATED Space Mountain...it was too bumpy and dark for her. She wants to try something new, but I don't want her to be scared. Thanks!

:confused3princess:

she should try them all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter