• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest Question

The Foolish Mortal

DIS Veteran
Rode it this morning for the first time in a while and I noticed that the prayer flags were missing from the top of the ride (right at the apex with the fake broken tracks; before you go backward). How long has it been like that? Are they being replaced? I always like the little theming touches in AK and the prayer flags are some of my favs

I think you stumped a lot of people with your question. We were just there and I didn't notice anything different about the ride. But admittingly I think I was mostly looking down as you climb up initially, like I usually do, and then I start thinking about shielding myself from the backwards part. Since I usually hit the back of my head on the headrest.

I do like the prayer flags and theming but always thought of them being in the queue and outside the attraction.

When I see the broken tracks, I'm also distracted by all of the hair ties... usually stuff like that... coins littered in the lab areas of FoP and everywhere really... upsets me that people have to do that. It's one thing to drop coins on Small World, which gets donated/water ride, but some of these queue's are really awesome, took a lot of work/time/money for people to detract from them for others.

Rode it this morning for the first time in a while and I noticed that the prayer flags were missing from the top of the ride (right at the apex with the fake broken tracks; before you go backward). How long has it been like that? Are they being replaced? I always like the little theming touches in AK and the prayer flags are some of my favs
Don't remember prayer flags there one way or the other, but last trip I didn't see the bird that pops up on the upper left at that point. Old videos definitely show the prayer flags though.

When my wife and I rode Everest on our trip earlier this month the missing flags were the first thing she noticed.

Don't remember prayer flags there one way or the other, but last trip I didn't see the bird that pops up on the upper left at that point. Old videos definitely show the prayer flags though.

Yes! We didn’t see the bird two weeks ago and were wondering if we just hit it at a “behind the rock” moment - although that had never happened previously.

It's a good catch if you noticed these gone from your recent trip. The only things we noticed different on our recent trips were how the AC was turned way down (warmer) on rides like Mermaid, Pan.
I froze the week after Labor Day! I thought I was going to have to buy a sweatshirt at MNSSHP.

I froze the week after Labor Day! I thought I was going to have to buy a sweatshirt at MNSSHP.
Maybe I'm crazy... but we were there the same week as you, and the rides were way warmer than typical stark cold that we're used to coming from 90 degree Sept. to indoor attraction. We started noticing this after our room was set to 75 and locked, probably to save money (we overrode thermostat via YouTube), and after more than 100 trips, I just know how cold the rides typically are.

Maybe I'm crazy... but we were there the same week as you, and the rides were way warmer than typical stark cold that we're used to coming from 90 degree Sept. to indoor attraction. We started noticing this after our room was set to 75 and locked, probably to save money (we overrode thermostat via YouTube), and after more than 100 trips, I just know how cold the rides typically are.
Probably not crazy - I tend to be cold. I got cold walking around outside at MNSSHP at night - not just the rides. Our room *said* that it was 65°, but it was always felt very damp and humid (and I was still cold!).

Probably not crazy - I tend to be cold. I got cold walking around outside at MNSSHP at night - not just the rides. Our room *said* that it was 65°, but it was always felt very damp and humid (and I was still cold!).
wow, 65! I like it cold when we first return for the night but bring it back up to like 71/72, but partially because we have a baby and don't want it too cold. And it's not like we have it in the 60s at home for AC anyhow.

wow, 65! I like it cold when we first return for the night but bring it back up to like 71/72, but partially because we have a baby and don't want it too cold. And it's not like we have it in the 60s at home for AC anyhow.
It was no where near 65° in the room - not even close. I’d say it was closer to 75° and just icky feeling, like the sheets on the bed felt damp - bleah.

It was no where near 65° in the room - not even close. I’d say it was closer to 75° and just icky feeling, like the sheets on the bed felt damp - bleah.
I had 2 CMs say they too noticed that their rooms had AC set much higher than they're used to on recent stays. It's just weird.

High humidity is not great. You'd think with the AC on all the time that indoors, you wouldn't feel any dampness. At home, I always want to have windows open to help AC bills, but it's always 90-98% humidity early in the am (IL) when it's cool, and I don't want mold. So sometimes I have the air on just to combat humidity above 65%. We have dehumidifier but it's cheaper to run the AC.

i did a search and saw they were hit or miss in videos and pictures. it appears they are removed and replaced for specific reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter