• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition everest status

Well this can't be good news. The refurbishment language on the attraction page no longer says closed through mid-April and now says:
"Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain is currently closed for refurbishment. Please check back here for updates."

The blog seemed to think that meant an even later finish date (after 4/30). I hoped it meant it was returning any second… any one have insights? Does this have to mean it’s opening later than planned? Could it meant earlier or soon?

The blog seemed to think that meant an even later finish date (after 4/30). I hoped it meant it was returning any second… any one have insights? Does this have to mean it’s opening later than planned? Could it meant earlier or soon?
If it was gonna be earlier they would have said that imo. Seems like they don't have an estimate for it so it could be much later.

For reference as I posted earlier in this thread ... about the permits filed in the fall.

For reference the permits that they filed to do this work have an expiration date of May 28, 2022. This is usually the latest they expect to be working. If longer they will have to refile permits. It is described as electrical work.

I have since found an additional permit that is dated Feb 12, 2022 and does not expire for one year, Feb 12, 2023.

In MY opinion the refurb was likely to be complete closer until May 28th, which would help with Guardians opening ... but seeing the second permit ... have they covered their bases for it to be longer?

NOTE that neither the sign at the ride OR the WDW website uses the word "indefinitely" so I would not read anything into the use of that word.

Last edited:

ON WEBSITE implies opening this weekend??? Is this old and not updated, a top Disney poster on twitter implies all the ILL is newly updated and EE is opening this weekend.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Individual Lightning Lane Entrances
Attractions include*:
Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane Entrances
Attractions include*:

• Celebration of the Festival of the Lion King
  • DINOSAUR
  • Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain (beginning April 16, 2022)**
  • Feathered Friends in Flight!
  • It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Naʻvi River Journey
  • The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
**Until August 7, 2022, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After, Space Mountain and Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will be included via Disney Genie+ service and will not be included as an individual Lightning Lane selection.

I just read reopens April 16 Somewhere else also!
ON WEBSITE implies opening this weekend??? Is this old and not updated, a top Disney poster on twitter implies all the ILL is newly updated and EE is opening this weekend.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Attractions include*:
Attractions include*:

• DINOSAUR
  • Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain (beginning April 16, 2022)**
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Naʻvi River Journey
**Until August 7, 2022, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After, Space Mountain and Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will be included via Disney Genie+ service and will not be included as an individual Lightning Lane selection.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Attractions include*:
Attractions include*:

• DINOSAUR
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Naʻvi River Journey

Gustin is solid, I doubt he would mistake this for old info.

Until your behind is on the ride, keep your expectations low
TRUTH!

I've always said Disney can announce it, they can even build it but until it is up, operating and we are experiencing what was expected ... whether attraction, show, dining, etc .................. it isn't real.

It opened today for, apparently, a brief period.

Blog mickey has video.

Dont see any changes - bird does not appear to be working, hairbands still there, yeti still disco dancing...

So just what did they do during this downtime??

I'd ridden some of these rides enough, I sort of secretly hope this happens sometimes these days. Just to experience it. A broken animatronic, a (non-dangerous) ride issue necessitating an interesting walk back...millions have ridden Expedition Everest...much fewer walked that stairway :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter