• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Experience with NY quarantine form and follow-up

DVC Don- If you fly in on a Saturday, can you test on a Tuesday? (I ask because I'm flying in on a Wednesday and plan to test on Sunday) Did you find a rapid test site upstate?

There's a rapid test at the Central Med Urgent care on Central Ave in Colonie (at least as of the end of November). When I called, they were booked 3-4 days out for appointments, but you could do a walk-in. They opened at 10am on Saturday morning. We arrived at 9:45am, and were on the 2nd page. According to the sign-in, people got there by about 7:30am to get on the list. From there, you just wait for them to call you on your phone. My DS & I went to Starbucks, got coffee and breakfast, and hung out in the car. Took 3-4 hours to get called and get the test. I had traveled out of state for less than 24 hours and was following the 72-hour test guidelines without quarantine.

Looks like NY Gov Cuomo has changed the quarantine time from 14 days to 10 if you choose not to test out per order on 12-26.
SUMMARY
This document provides updated guidance on releasing individuals from quarantine as a result of an exposure to COVID-19, including general community members, health care personnel, and travelers. The information contained herein supersedes any previous guidance issued related to the length of quarantine. This guidance aligns the requirements for release from quarantine with the December 2, 2020 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. QUARANTINE REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 Consistent with recent CDC guidance, quarantine for individuals exposed to COVID-19 can end after ten days without a testing requirement if no symptoms have been reported during the quarantine period. o Individuals must continue daily symptom monitoring through Day 14; o Individuals must be counseled to continue strict adherence to all recommended non-pharmaceutical interventions, including hand hygiene and the use of face coverings, through Day 14. o Individuals must be advised that if any symptoms develop, they should immediately self-isolate and contact the local public health authority or their healthcare provider to report this change in clinical status and determine if they should seek testing. These quarantine requirements are also applicable to travelers who are not essential workers and/or who did not complete the testing requirements described in Executive Order 205.2.

There's a rapid test at the Central Med Urgent care on Central Ave in Colonie (at least as of the end of November). When I called, they were booked 3-4 days out for appointments, but you could do a walk-in. They opened at 10am on Saturday morning. We arrived at 9:45am, and were on the 2nd page. According to the sign-in, people got there by about 7:30am to get on the list. From there, you just wait for them to call you on your phone. My DS & I went to Starbucks, got coffee and breakfast, and hung out in the car. Took 3-4 hours to get called and get the test. I had traveled out of state for less than 24 hours and was following the 72-hour test guidelines without quarantine.

Thank you so much for this info! You saved me from a 5 hour round trip for testing this weekend! I called ahead to verify availability. Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for this info! You saved me from a 5 hour round trip for testing this weekend! I called ahead to verify availability. Happy New Year!

Keep us posted. If I'm really lucky, I'll need it for a much more positive reason next month! (November was a trip because my dad had a stroke. He's doing much better and I was able to help when needed!)

Can anyone help me identify the "fourth day" for testing after quarantine? I was thinking if we arrived Weds night, the fourth day (for testing) would be Sunday morning, but the rest of my family is thinking Saturday evening. I can't find any guidance on this.

Can anyone help me identify the "fourth day" for testing after quarantine? I was thinking if we arrived Weds night, the fourth day (for testing) would be Sunday morning, but the rest of my family is thinking Saturday evening. I can't find any guidance on this.
I am also getting back to NY on Wednesday. I land in the morning and planned on getting tested on the following Saturday which would be day 4 of arrival. I'm counting the day I land as day 1 of arrival so I would guess that you could get tested on Saturday because it's still technically your 4th day being in New York.

Keep us posted. If I'm really lucky, I'll need it for a much more positive reason next month! (November was a trip because my dad had a stroke. He's doing much better and I was able to help when needed!)
cmarsh31-
I wanted to let you know our experience at Central Med Urgent Care on a Saturday in January. The sign-up sheets went on the door at 7am and by 7:11am the first page and a half were full. We arrived at 7:55am due to an ice storm in the morning, and were mid-way through the second page (#25 of names on pages 1 and 2). Before opening at 10am, they had 3 full pages and filled up a 4th and 5th page after opening. We were called in for our turn at 2:15pm, filled out paperwork, waited in the waiting room until 2:50 and werecalled into an exam room and swabbed. We waited in the exam room for our results (about 45 minutes) and saw a physician to review our results at 3:40. We left the parking lot at 3:55pm, so it was about an 8 hour ordeal. I highly doubt that they were able to get to the families on the 4th and 5th pages before closing at 5:00 that day. I am still very glad that we did not need to drive downstate (especially considering the weather conditions) and thank you for the referral! There clearly is a demand for asymptomatic rapid tesing in the Capital District. In FL, we were able to obtain free, drive-through testing in less than an hour!

cmarsh31-
I wanted to let you know our experience at Central Med Urgent Care on a Saturday in January. The sign-up sheets went on the door at 7am and by 7:11am the first page and a half were full. We arrived at 7:55am due to an ice storm in the morning, and were mid-way through the second page (#25 of names on pages 1 and 2). Before opening at 10am, they had 3 full pages and filled up a 4th and 5th page after opening. We were called in for our turn at 2:15pm, filled out paperwork, waited in the waiting room until 2:50 and werecalled into an exam room and swabbed. We waited in the exam room for our results (about 45 minutes) and saw a physician to review our results at 3:40. We left the parking lot at 3:55pm, so it was about an 8 hour ordeal. I highly doubt that they were able to get to the families on the 4th and 5th pages before closing at 5:00 that day. I am still very glad that we did not need to drive downstate (especially considering the weather conditions) and thank you for the referral! There clearly is a demand for asymptomatic rapid tesing in the Capital District. In FL, we were able to obtain free, drive-through testing in less than an hour!

Very similar to ours in November, except same wait at 9:45 vs essentially 2 hours earlier for you! I'm going to see if we can schedule appointments there for next time, to avoid the 6-8 hour wait!

There isn't any guidance. When we quarantined, we counted the day we landed as day 1. If you're wavering between Saturday night versus Sunday morning, there really isn't much difference. If you're able to do a rapid test, might as well wait until Sunday morning to be safe.

There isn't any guidance. When we quarantined, we counted the day we landed as day 1. If you're wavering between Saturday night versus Sunday morning, there really isn't much difference. If you're able to do a rapid test, might as well wait until Sunday morning to be safe.
We landed in NY very late on a Tuesday and took our test on Saturday morning. I didn't count Tuesday b/c of the time we arrived, but when the choice of rapid test was Friday (if tuesday was Day 1) or Saturday (if Wednesday was Day 1) it hardly mattered given that none of us would have gone to work/school on the Friday by the time we had test results in hand.

It seems the state uses business days rather than calendar days in the texting system. My Day 4 was definitely friday or saturday based on when I landed, and they texted me on monday morning saying I was now at four days and could now go get a test...

I live in NY but flew in/out of AVP Scranton. Pa has new rules but nothing was done at the import. I landed, got in my car and drove to NY. Easy Peasy

I live in NY but flew in/out of AVP Scranton. Pa has new rules but nothing was done at the import. I landed, got in my car and drove to NY. Easy Peasy
You are technically supposed to complete the form online yourself when traveling but not flying. You're not exempt from the quarantine/testing because you drove.

I did not see anything from the airline about it. Also the airport did not have any info
The requirement is from the state of NY, so you would not have received any info at a PA airport. Even the airports in NY don't have any info, save for the National Guard having you fill out the form when you exit the plane. But the quarantine requirement is not tied to flying, its tied to the state of NY. If you live in NY and you are in one of the named states for greater than a 24 hour period - regardless of your mode of transportation - you are required to quarantine for 10 days or complete the test-out process. The only difference is that if you are flying into a NY airport, you will be required to fill out a form before you can leave the airport. If you are driving into NY (or bus, train, etc), you are still required to fill out the form but it would obviously be on the honor system as they do not have the resources to monitor that.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory

If you're not going to complete the form as required, you should at least quarantine yourself or get a test for the protection of others.

I did not see anything from the airline about it. Also the airport did not have any info

It is the responsibility of the individual to find out quarantine or testing requirements for the areas they are traveling to/ from. The airlines or airports may make info available as a courtesy but ignorance isn’t an excuse not to follow the mandates.

The requirement is from the state of NY, so you would not have received any info at a PA airport. Even the airports in NY don't have any info, save for the National Guard having you fill out the form when you exit the plane. But the quarantine requirement is not tied to flying, its tied to the state of NY. If you live in NY and you are in one of the named states for greater than a 24 hour period - regardless of your mode of transportation - you are required to quarantine for 10 days or complete the test-out process. The only difference is that if you are flying into a NY airport, you will be required to fill out a form before you can leave the airport. If you are driving into NY (or bus, train, etc), you are still required to fill out the form but it would obviously be on the honor system as they do not have the resources to monitor that.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory

If you're not going to complete the form as required, you should at least quarantine yourself or get a test for the protection of others.
I work from home and sleep in a separate room with its own bath. My husband sleeps separate and goes to his office where he is the only person there. So quarantine has been done.
I am lucky to have that option. Not many do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter