Experienced Disney Goer but 1st Time with Kids

It's in a contained bottle. Why on earth would you assume I'd dump it in a trash can? It's like having a water bottle. It doesn't leak and it'll be emptied on the next bathroom visit.
Small park I work at have had moms dump in the trash a few times then complain when area is closed. Including having mom use a potty chair in dining area. Not saying you would but you learn a lot about people working at a theme park

As the title states I am very familiar with Disneyworld, have gone probably 15-20 times and very familiar with Genie+. However, this will be my first trip as a family, Wife and I with 2 little boys (1 1/2 and 3 1/2). We are heading down next week for 4 days, yes I understand it will be crowded and am prepared for that. Just wanted any tips or tricks that helped/helps you?

We are staying at the VGF and plan to take a 2 hour nap break during the middle of the day. Everything I have read says to take the Monorail to MK and then boat back. We have a double stroller being delivered to the hotel and plan to get groceries delivered too. My goal when I do Disney is to do as many rides as possible, as efficient as possible. I am trying to temper my expectations and (fingers crossed) go at a slower pace to do what the littles want (even if that's to ride Dumbo 10 times :confused3).

I am nervous about the rider swap option, potty breaks for the 3 1/2 year old, places to change diapers for the 1 year old, navigating Disney with a stroller, getting to different parks besides MK (not doing AK this trip).

Looking forward to the trip and just need some peace of mind!

TIA for the help!
Thank you everyone for the helpful tips. Had an amazing trip, was able to do everything we wanted to do and fully enjoyed our time. Already planning our return trip, just need to find some 💸💰💸.

Loved reading these replies.

We're heading to Disney in three weeks time with my 3 year old. I have made a list of rides he's big enough to ride.

I also have a little portable urine bottle just in case we get stuck for a wee on the go.

I'm bringing my Tush baby hip carrier and I have a rule of joining no standby lines longer than 30 mins.

I also plan to download some shows to watch on my phone if he gets bored.
Happy to answer any questions if you need! Genie + for us was a life saver. We went during Spring Break so going into the trip I knew it would be a necessity.

@PTS05 Thanks so much. How was your trip? We were planning to not use Genie + if we can get away with it.

We'll visit MK 203 times during the trip so hope we should cover all the rides for little one. As adults, there's only a few rides we really want to do such as Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Soarin, Space Mountain and TRON. Ig we don't get to ride them then no biggie.

We'll likely do single rider or parent swap for the above rides too.

What must have items did you have for the little ones? Anything you regret not packing?

@PTS05 Thanks so much. How was your trip? We were planning to not use Genie + if we can get away with it.

We'll visit MK 203 times during the trip so hope we should cover all the rides for little one. As adults, there's only a few rides we really want to do such as Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Soarin, Space Mountain and TRON. Ig we don't get to ride them then no biggie.

We'll likely do single rider or parent swap for the above rides too.

What must have items did you have for the little ones? Anything you regret not packing?
Trip was amazing, we utilized Genie + because of Spring Break crowds and we did every ride we wanted multiple times. It was my first time doing Rider Swap and I am still not a fan of the way Disney does it. Big rides like Tron, Guardians, 7DMT, it eats up a good hour of your time.

I can't recommend Body Glide enough, it helps with any irritation due to the amount you will be walking in combination with the heat.

For the kids, we packed a lot of snacks and had a Shipt order delivered to the Hotel- still wasn't enough unfortunately but I am assuming with 1 little you guys will not need as many as we did.

We bought these Disney Mickey Mouse Light and Sound Music Bubbles, similar to what they sell at the park but for half the price. We brought those out on day 2 and the kids absolutely loved them! Highly recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter