Experiences staying at skyliner resort with wheelchair user

KMP12

Mouseketeer
From those who have stayed at both skyliner and non skyliner which do you prefer? I'm nervous about our first stay at pop we have always done all stars...our child uses a wheelchair. Most nervous about rope drop and lines after fireworks.

The skyline is very easy to use they pull one off the main line and you have about 1 minute to pull straight in and when you get to your station you pull straight back very easy when I did it for the first time I was done in about 15 seconds or less and just chatting with the CM

At rope drop and park close, it will be busy. There is no escaping that. The good part about the Skyliner is that (theoretically) it keeps moving, so it can absorb a lot of folks very efficiently, but there can still be long lines - they move, but they can get long.

A friendly reminder: if it is stormy (windy and/or lightning) they will shut down the Skyliner, and everyone takes the bus.

Also please remember that the Skyliner will only take y’all to Hollywood Studios or EPCOT; you will still need to bus to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. (And Disney Springs if you want to visit there as well)

At rope drop and park close, it will be busy. There is no escaping that. The good part about the Skyliner is that (theoretically) it keeps moving, so it can absorb a lot of folks very efficiently, but there can still be long lines - they move, but they can get long.

A friendly reminder: if it is stormy (windy and/or lightning) they will shut down the Skyliner, and everyone takes the bus.

Also please remember that the Skyliner will only take y’all to Hollywood Studios or EPCOT; you will still need to bus to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. (And Disney Springs if you want to visit there as well)
Thanks! Our kiddo loves the bus so if that would happen he wouldn't complain 😂

This is what I was wondering thank you!
Also worth noting the CM will guide your kiddo on how to board but if your kiddo is like me and is pretty confident in their chair skills, they let you do your thing.

We have stayed in both all-stars and Pop a few times each. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user. We loved all star movies but now much prefer staying at Pop due to the skyliner access. You won't have to deal with the long lines at rope drop and fireworks because the wheelchair entrance is a separate entrance at the skyliner. We love how easy it is to load and always get our own cabin which is really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter