Experiences with Akershus RBH

spideyspence

Earning My Ears
New to the board, I have been watching it for awhile and it pushed me over the edge for a surprise trip for my family. Thanks for all the great info. At this late date, the only thing available for the March 15-19 week for princesses was a lunch at Akershus RBHall. Any comments would be great. I am taking my 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. She just wants to eat with the princesess, so this seems to be my only option left. I will tell you one thing, next trip, I am getting in on the 180 day countdown.

Thanks for all your help!!

Spence

We have done the breakfast or lunch here every year we go. It is a nice experience for the kids. The food is always decent and not as pricey as the Castle. We have done the castle in past years but it is so hard to get in and Dinner is sooo expensive that now we go to Norway. The kids are happy either way. Here's a couple pics:
IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

We did dinner last Sept & I thought it was the best organized character dinner ever! Everyone was amazing! Everyone-all princesses, cm w/Belle, photographer & our waiter. I wish I knew how to post pics because they came out great!!! :thumbsup2

I personally did not love our breakfast food, but seeing my dd2's face when she met the princesses was priceless. She was in heaven!

ETA: I also appreciate that they seemed to have a cast member that directed the princesses to the tables. They didn't just go around the room over and over and over. By the time we'd met Mickey at CM the fifth time, it started to get a little awkward. LOL

If you're going only for the princesses, then you'll be fine. The food is HORRID however. Blech. (We went for dinner.) We will not be going back. We'll do CRT for b'fast or just find the ladies around the parks. That meal was way too expensive for what we ended up not eating. (And DH is not picky at all. He'll eat anything-ANYTHING.)

Thank you so much for all the information from everyone so far. I can not believe how helpful this forum is. Anymore opinions would be greatly appreciated. I am off to go through all the comments regarding where else to eat maybe for a breakfast and whether or not to get a meal plan for the 6 of us.

Thanks again it really is appreciated for this 1st time Disney Dad.

Thanks GMS for the pictures, my daughter loved them. She is so excited, now she is like, who can we have breakfast with!!

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter