EXPERIMENT: Ned Pin = Inferno! (finis... it means, the end)

KrazyPete

skeleton
IT'S OVER!!!

I traded for Inferno with IlikedisneyandVmk on 1/8/08. You can read the whole thread if you have a few hours of your life to throw away. If I were you I would just skip to the end. If there is any new information that's where it will be. (did someone say "quest for inferno?")

For the record, here's the post that kicked the whole thing off:
I saw this web site a while back where a guy started with a red paperclip and was trying to trade it up to a house. Through a series of trades he now has an afternoon with Alice Cooper up for trade.

Web Site: One Red Paperclip

I was thinking about VMK and trading and how value is really all about perception. One person's green flips is another person's white snowman. It's about what you precieve as valuable. Then I began to wonder what would be the VMK equivalent of the "One Red Paperclip" experiment.

So here's the deal. I'm going to start with the same thing that most new players start with, an NPC pin. Specifically, I going to start with the very humble "Shrunken Ned" NPC pin. And I am going to try to get to the holy grail of VMK pins, The Dancing Inferno Magic pin. I'm going to try to get there one modest trade at a time. Each and every transaction will be bargained right here on our beloved DIS Trades and Wishes Forum.

1779Shrunken_Ned_pin.jpg

So, what will you give me for my Shrunken Ned pin? It doesn't have to be another pin. Let the trading begin! :thumbsup2

What makes you think someone will trade you inferno for a Ned Pin?
Not in less I skipped or missed or whatever.. something in your thread..

Krystal said:
What makes you think someone will trade you inferno for a Ned Pin?
Not in less I skipped or missed or whatever.. something in your thread..

he's using my vmk trade pattern on a big scale...

ned pin for say 5 credits... 5 credits for a everest pin everest pin for tiki pin and so on until he gets till inferno

i think he means he is going to trade it for something rarer then trade that for something rarer until he gets enough stuff to trade for inferno.

ill offer a pirate map table

One(1) U.S. Dollar in tender LOL JK JK

i offer 10,000 credits! LOL JK JK

I offer pirate code

OOOOOOH I see.. I see..
I'll offer a million infernos! :|

Im serious..
No really!

Stop looking at me that way!
Ok.. ok.. Im joking.

I'll offer two Esmerella Pins for your Ned Pin!!
I lose :( :) ;)

You are right Krystal, no one would.

The idea is to start with the Ned pin and through a series of trades get to the Inferno pin. Right now I just need to trade Ned for something just a tiny bit better. And then, I would need to trade that for something a little bit better. I don't how long it would take but eventually I should have something worthy of trading for Inferno and it would have all started with Ned. :teeth:

The offer for the Blue Tiki Pin would be a perfect next step. Thanks Captain Brain. I'll send you a PM.

Actually it can work.
More than once as a matter of fact.
I started with a couple herbie codes.
Of course earned credits from the NPC's and played the mini-games.

KrazyPete said:
The offer for the Blue Tiki Pin would be a perfect next step. Thanks Captain Brain. I'll send you a PM.

Perfect? I'd say that's a huge leap in your evolutionary experiment! People are going to study your conclusions, and wonder where the missing link went! :rolleyes1

Captain Brain said:
I'll give you a blue Tiki pin, not kidding.

The deal is done. I updated the post at the top of this thread. Now accepting offers for the blue "Tangaroa-Ru" Tiki pin.

Kingsfoil said:
Actually it can work.
More than once as a matter of fact.
I started with a couple herbie codes.
Of course earned credits from the NPC's and played the mini-games.

I'm pretty sure it can work too. I'm very interested to see how many trades and how much time it takes. I won't be adding anything to or taking anything away from the series of trades though. I think it would take the fun out of it :)

Tampa said:
Perfect? I'd say that's a huge leap in your evolutionary experiment! People are going to study your conclusions, and wonder where the missing link went! :rolleyes1

The first step was more of a "Big Bang." Thanks again Captain Brian. You really got me off to a good start :)

It will work. I am walking proof of that. Lol! My friend started with just playing lots of Haunted Mansion and buying 1000 credit stuff and trading those up for quest. Then he moved up to rare quest and then to some beta. And finally he got enough to offer for inferno. It took five months, but he got his first inferno and then has been on a roll since. ;) All it takes is persistence, patience and hard work (going from trade room to trade room and playing those games to earn credits).

hmm that might be the pin I missed. I will offer you one red penny press, gold ears and a fantasyland quest pin. Please pm me if you would like to trade.
Lady

Lady Boadicea said:
hmm that might be the pin I missed. I will offer you one red penny press, gold ears and a fantasyland quest pin. Please pm me if you would like to trade.
Lady

Thanks Lady!

That looks like another big step in the right direction to me! I'll send you a PM right now to see if we can set up some time today to trade. :thumbsup2

Hey KrazyPete,
This is a fun game keep us updated with your progress!

When you have finished your trade with Lady Boadicea. Will you trade me the gold ears for a bunch of pins? I think this would still keep you moving forward.
I offer tangaroa pin, Flying saucer pin, Sub pin, Hollywood hotel, HK DL hotel, Monsters Opening, Everest 4 of 5, New Years 06, Mickey Special, and Happiest Celebration on Earth?

Wow, KrazyPete! For an *Alpha Male*, you came up with a great idea here!! :thumbsup2 I am not offering anything as I really stink at trading, LOL! But I want to keep up with this thread and hopefully follow it all the way through to your getting inferno! Woot!

good luck with this! I'm sure you are going to make it work.

I started in Febuary when they werer selling the pink dresses. I bought one and thought I was never going to get anything good.
I now have 2 full dresses, full cowboy, mansion pants, bird hat, and all magic except bat and inferno.

I'm going to keep track of this so I can participate ;)

to help the cause, if you traded with mkoateyw, I'll give you three sets of Narnia transporters for the two hotel pins, Monsters Opening, Everest 4 of 5 and New Years 06!

MKOATEYW said:
Hey KrazyPete,
This is a fun game keep us updated with your progress!

When you have finished your trade with Lady Boadicea. Will you trade me the gold ears for a bunch of pins? I think this would still keep you moving forward.
I offer tangaroa pin, Flying saucer pin, Sub pin, Hollywood hotel, HK DL hotel, Monsters Opening, Everest 4 of 5, New Years 06, Mickey Special, and Happiest Celebration on Earth?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter