EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

Thanks for the response. Perhaps I didn’t explain it well. We are trying to buy a resale deal to take advantage of the lower $/pt for existing DVC members.

If we aren’t members by sept 16 we either do the new member pricing, roll the dice on the next deal being as good or better...or try to talk DVC into getting us the existing member pricing though it may not be a 100% completed transaction on their end.

If these type of existing member discounts are commonplace that might have some weight in the decision.
I'm trying to do the same thing. My rep said as soon as he sees my name in the system he can sell me points at a member discount. Sounds like this will happen before I have the resale points in my account.

I'm trying to do the same thing. My rep said as soon as he sees my name in the system he can sell me points at a member discount. Sounds like this will happen before I have the resale points in my account.
We are wanting to buy direct as well & waiting for my resale contract to show up in DVC's system. Our deed recorded 6/17.

Yes, but we are only on day 12.
I would bet the next set of incentives will keep the price more or less the same. Even if the price per point goes up, the incentives have been getting better to essentially negate the price per point increases. For instance, when I purchased earlier this year the price per point at RIV (or is it RVA?) was $188. For 250 pts, incentives brought it to about $168 pp.

So even if it goes up, it seems to go up only slightly every time an incentive period ends (currently $170 per point for 200 pts for new members). I would roll the dice, buy resale then direct, and even if it goes up a bit, the existing member price will likely still be less than the $170 pp you could get right now as new members.

I would bet the next set of incentives will keep the price more or less the same. Even if the price per point goes up, the incentives have been getting better to essentially negate the price per point increases. For instance, when I purchased earlier this year the price per point at RIV (or is it RVA?) was $188. For 250 pts, incentives brought it to about $168 pp.

So even if it goes up, it seems to go up only slightly every time an incentive period ends (currently $170 per point for 200 pts for new members). I would roll the dice, buy resale then direct, and even if it goes up a bit, the existing member price will likely still be less than the $170 pp you could get right now as new members.
Thats true. It did get slightly worse though from the promotions in January to the new ones in February.

How long after one set of promos ends until a new one starts usually?
Isn't there something like a 10 day cancellation period on these purchases? What if someone buys just before 9/16 and a better deal comes out after. Would Disney have to change it for the member if requested to reflect the new and better promo? Or do they space incentives a little to avoid this?

Isn't there something like a 10 day cancellation period on these purchases? What if someone buys just before 9/16 and a better deal comes out after. Would Disney have to change it for the member if requested to reflect the new and better promo? Or do they space incentives a little to avoid this?

Usually the Next Day or a few days later.

I believe timeshare laws let you back out 10 days after signing the contract but you can ask your agent for sure. I think they told us this also. If new discounts come out during this time you can ask them to rewrite your contract with the new discounts, they are usually happy too. Usually there is always some overlap and they will be happy to rewrite the contract with new promos as long as its within the 10 days I believe.

Thanks for the response. Perhaps I didn’t explain it well. We are trying to buy a resale deal to take advantage of the lower $/pt for existing DVC members.

If we aren’t members by sept 16 we either do the new member pricing, roll the dice on the next deal being as good or better...or try to talk DVC into getting us the existing member pricing though it may not be a 100% completed transaction on their end.

If these type of existing member discounts are commonplace that might have some weight in the decision.
Oh, sorry, I did misunderstand. If you've *closed* and your deed is recorded, it might be worthwhile to contact DVC to see if there's anything they can do to add you into the system quickly so you can purchase direct, because at that point it really is just a situation where they need to add you into the system.

Oh, sorry, I did misunderstand. If you've *closed* and your deed is recorded, it might be worthwhile to contact DVC to see if there's anything they can do to add you into the system quickly so you can purchase direct, because at that point it really is just a situation where they need to add you into the system.
the guide might even be able to look it up possibly to get you the member discount. I'd imagine once you have a member number you are good for the discounts.

Yes, but we are only on day 12.

First I think deals in September are going to be better than now if the numbers keep tracking so poorly so I would wait until the end of August at least before doing anything so you are in the 10 day cancellation period.

I bet they might give you an exception though. I would wait until the 15th though next month before bringing it up as maybe your contract passes ROFR by then and you have a stronger case that you will be a member.

the guide might even be able to look it up possibly to get you the member discount. I'd imagine once you have a member number you are good for the discounts.

Honestly separate from this situation if you pushed the guide on buying resale just for the discounts or buying all direct I bet they could get you the discount. When I started my direct purchase then backed out they allowed me to create a whole new membership, have a fixed contract, add on a small number of points, and still get the current member discount on everything.

None of those are as big as getting a member discount for not being a member but if they are hurting as much as it seems then it doesn't hurt to ask.

Though we have two OKW contracts and two BRV's in the pipeline, our son and DIL are considering buying direct for the AP's since they are now doing about three trips (thanks Mom and Dad LOL) a year. Are they even selling the DVC Gold AP's now? We've never bought them before but it makes sense for them as they are in the early 30's to get a 100 point direct for themselves with the same UY as us so we can make it all work out (it would be 500+ points combined). Thanks for any info!

Honestly separate from this situation if you pushed the guide on buying resale just for the discounts or buying all direct I bet they could get you the discount. When I started my direct purchase then backed out they allowed me to create a whole new membership, have a fixed contract, add on a small number of points, and still get the current member discount on everything.

None of those are as big as getting a member discount for not being a member but if they are hurting as much as it seems then it doesn't hurt to ask.
They are pretty dang flexible. There aren't many guides working right now but I think they are willing to bend some rules.

Case in point. We were in the process of buying points before the pandemic and held off signing our contract because we didn't want to drop that much money(even though we paid in full pretty much) if the parks were going to be closed the rest of the year. So once they reopened they had a really good 300 point promotion of $12,000 off of Riviera or CCV, or Aulani. Well We didn't want to buy 300 at just RIV and we were buying CCV before so we asked our guide if we could split it into 150 at CCV and 150 at RIV and still get $12,000 and they looked into it and agreed since they were giving the same discount for both resorts. So instead of buying half our points direct and half resale we can now for the same price buy them all direct with this promotion. Its much easier than playing the waiting game with resale and we now have 300 points to use at all new resorts.

Last edited:
Though we have two OKW contracts and two BRV's in the pipeline, our son and DIL are considering buying direct for the AP's since they are now doing about three trips (thanks Mom and Dad LOL) a year. Are they even selling the DVC Gold AP's now? We've never bought them before but it makes sense for them as they are in the early 30's to get a 100 point direct for themselves with the same UY as us so we can make it all work out (it would be 500+ points combined). Thanks for any info!
Thats why we bought direct. Wife is 29 and I am 30 and we did it for the Gold AP's and benefits. They aren't selling AP right now, though they might be at the ticket counters at the parks, supposedly they will start again selling annual passes soon but we just dont know. I know you can buy renewal certificates if you get the right people on the phone if ur pass is going to expire.

Thats why we bought direct. Wife is 29 and I am 30 and we did it for the Gold AP's and benefits. They aren't selling AP right now, though they might be at the ticket counters at the parks, supposedly they will start again selling annual passes soon but we just dont know. I know you can buy renewal certificates if you get the right people on the phone if ur pass is going to expire.
Thanks for the reply. I know the only reason they want to buy direct is the AP's. I can see the info on the DVC page but not on the tickets purchase page. We are from NH and usually go for two weeks or two, one week trips and aren't as big on the parks as the young people...we're happy to sit by the pool (DH sits - I swim). Once DH retires and we are "Disney snowbirds" then we will buy AP's as well.

They are well versed on DVC and send me an email whenever they see a deal on resale but the AP's haunt them. They have done a lot of international travel and are thinking kiddos in the near future, so it all makes sense to dive in now when they have the extra $$ and know there will be many trips down the road. They have a June 2021 reservation at OKW and then we will all be together in October 2021 with another trip in March 2022, therefore there will be a big savings right off the top. I guess it is a question for the DVC Guide when he touches base again. I'll let you know if there are any updates!

Thanks for the reply. I know the only reason they want to buy direct is the AP's. I can see the info on the DVC page but not on the tickets purchase page. We are from NH and usually go for two weeks or two, one week trips and aren't as big on the parks as the young people...we're happy to sit by the pool (DH sits - I swim). Once DH retires and we are "Disney snowbirds" then we will buy AP's as well.

They are well versed on DVC and send me an email whenever they see a deal on resale but the AP's haunt them. They have done a lot of international travel and are thinking kiddos in the near future, so it all makes sense to dive in now when they have the extra $$ and know there will be many trips down the road. They have a June 2021 reservation at OKW and then we will all be together in October 2021 with another trip in March 2022, therefore there will be a big savings right off the top. I guess it is a question for the DVC Guide when he touches base again. I'll let you know if there are any updates!
The Gold AP is a great deal. Isn't a platinum pass like $1200 now? I think Gold AP's are like around $750 so its $450 savings per annual pass.

First I think deals in September are going to be better than now if the numbers keep tracking so poorly so I would wait until the end of August at least before doing anything so you are in the 10 day cancellation period.

I bet they might give you an exception though. I would wait until the 15th though next month before bringing it up as maybe your contract passes ROFR by then and you have a stronger case that you will be a member.
I agree with this. In fact, when I was finally ready to buy, the price had increased (late Jan). But since I had "toured" and been in contact with my guide before the price increase, they let me have the previous price. I would imagine they would continue being that flexible or more given the current circumstances.

I agree with this. In fact, when I was finally ready to buy, the price had increased (late Jan). But since I had "toured" and been in contact with my guide before the price increase, they let me have the previous price. I would imagine they would continue being that flexible or more given the current circumstances.
Officially if you take a tour you have the incentives/pricing your guide gave you for the next 7 days, even if they end the incentives or take a price increase in the mean time. That means if you take a tour on the last day of incentives you automatically get a 7 day extension. The details of how the extension works are in fine print on the website somewhere.

Officially if you take a tour you have the incentives/pricing your guide gave you for the next 7 days, even if they end the incentives or take a price increase in the mean time. That means if you take a tour on the last day of incentives you automatically get a 7 day extension. The details of how the extension works are in fine print on the website somewhere.
Right, but they let us keep it for 3 weeks later when we were finally ready to jump. My guide said she had to talk to her supervisor, but they agreed to let us have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter