EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

AKL - 55 club level rooms and 19 suites (some are DVC) (74)
BC- 73 club level rooms and 22 club level suites (95)
YC - 67 club level rooms and 22 club level suites (87)
Bwk - 37 club level rooms and 20 club level suites (57)
CR - 53 club level rooms and 27 club level suites - BUT they are divided into two different CL's. (80)
CSR Business- all of building 9B (?)
GF- 156 club level rooms and 25 club level suites - BUT they are divided into two different CL's. (181)
Poly - 102 club level rooms and six club level suites (108)
WL - 67 club level rooms and 11 club level suites (78)

I would not have thought that Bwk's CL was the smallest.

When we stayed at the BC and GF Sugar Loaf, we felt that both lounges were generally pretty crowded. The BC more so at breakfast time, the GF during evening appetizers. We were always able to get a table without much fuss, though.

We are staying at the CR this time. From the pictures I've seen, the 12th floor lounge looks pretty spacious compared to the BC. I loved the CR when I stayed there last (was on business a long while ago), but I've never tried the CL there. I'm really looking forward to it.

My husband and kids think CL is the best thing ever. They absolutely love the chips and dip and snacks in the afternoon. My favorite part is being able to grab an ice cold drink on the way back from a hot day in the park.

I am single digit dancing!!!!

I am sad they won't have water bottles. It is nice to grab one before I go to the parks.

How are the club level staff on people who have special dietary needs? We are staying at the CR CL for our upcoming trip in May and my little sister is deathly allergic to peanuts. Will they offer her some alternatives to the food at the lounge? Like make something specifically that she will be able to eat if they happen to have something with peanuts on it? Also, I sent an email to the CR IPO about 5 days ago and still haven't heard anything back from them. Is this normal? We stayed at AKL CL last trip and they always replied back to me within 24 hours.

How are the club level staff on people who have special dietary needs? We are staying at the CR CL for our upcoming trip in May and my little sister is deathly allergic to peanuts. Will they offer her some alternatives to the food at the lounge? Like make something specifically that she will be able to eat if they happen to have something with peanuts on it? Also, I sent an email to the CR IPO about 5 days ago and still haven't heard anything back from them. Is this normal? We stayed at AKL CL last trip and they always replied back to me within 24 hours.

I was surprised that it took 5 days for a response from WL earlier this month. I think they are busy with guests there and have less time for others:confused3

When we were at Cr they had lots of non nut things. The only thing with nuts I can think of is the pb&j they have. Breakfast is cereal, oatmeal, fruit and breads. Snacks have potato chips, and cookies etc. There are 2 hot apps and cheese and fruit etc at night. I have read most people with allergies try to meet the chef and make sure of ingredients.

Good luck! I have stayed there 3 times and we love Atrium club:goodvibes

Hi,
we booked a Deluxe Room with CL at BC for May... Would you be so kind to post some pictures from the Deluxe Room???

Can't wait to read your impressions on the Deluxe Room.... It will be the first time CL and Delux room for us :cool1:

That would be awsome! :thumbsup2

Thanks a lot in advance
:yay:

We had a deluxe club room at BC near the quiet pool. The view of the pool was nice. The balcony was REALLY HUGE. But the room above us had a tiny balcony. But the room above that also had a huge balcony. So if anything I would request the large balcony! :thumbsup2

The bad thing was that it was very far from the lounge.

I think there are more deluxe rooms above cape may, but I don't know what those rooms are like.

Family vacation in May 13 - 19 at CR Tower Club Level with a full sit down dining plan. I am Type 2 Diabetic. Can I substitute a second salad instead of a desert with my nightly meal?

Family vacation in May 13 - 19 at CR Tower Club Level with a full sit down dining plan. I am Type 2 Diabetic. Can I substitute a second salad instead of a desert with my nightly meal?

Have a wonderful vacation! We'll be there about two weeks after you. I had the Disney Deluxe Dining plan one year, I'm not sure if that is what you mean by full sit-down plan. If I recall, there was a lot more flexibility with the Deluxe Dining plan. With the regular dining plan, we could not have an appetizer instead of dessert, but we could with the Deluxe plan.

One thing to note, is that all of the restaurants do have sugarless desserts. I don't know if they are also low on the glycemic index. I'm not diabetic, but I have a co-worker who is and he said that Disney was always able to accommodate his family's dietary needs.

Good luck!

Thanks, AliceIn! It's a regular Dining plan with a sit down meal/day. I feel better now about being able to fully use the dining plan and not having to worry about my sugar levels.

No bottles drinks or canned soda? Hmmmm How do you get such things...QUOTE]

It sounds like this has been answered, but just to clarify- Lounge has plenty of drinks 7am-10pm. Page one of this thread (and resort threads) has many images of drinks and how served. Coffee starts at 6:30 am. A few options go past 10pm.

As others have said, the exception is bottled water. Water is in a decanter. A few years ago, all CL's served water from glass bottles, but all are now a new brand served from glass decanters, alongside juices, or lemonade, or ice tea. AKL always has a juice blend called Jamba juice. All lounges have milk cartons, but only put them out in the morning. Most times, you can ask for it. (CSR was very nice about this.) Some CM's say no...that's one tiny area where lounges are odd.

Most lounges have 24 drink cooler with canned sodas. (except WL- locked after 10pm) In the AM: milk plus soda. Midday: sodas/canned lemonade. A few have apple juice in boxes. Most times of day, beer (wine?) upon request. From 5-7PM: beer in cooler. From 8-10PM: line has cordials. At 10pm, AKL and most lounges, fill the drink cooler with soda, but it doesn't get replenished until next AM. AKL - I think- also leaves the latte machine out all night. The machine at AKL is the Nespresso machine. On this trip, I didn't use it after hours, but I have at other resorts. (espresso, hot water for tea/cocoa)

One more late night option....all the resorts have vending machines 24 hours a day, even CL floors!:confused3 You shouldn't need a refillable mug on CL. One time we had free DDP, plus CL. We didn't even pick up the mugs.

DH drinks gallons of water, and in-park bottled water is like $3 a bottle. At Hess, a whole case of water is $3! That's why we buy it. All restaurants give free ice water, but takes time.

Talk to CL and dining staff about your health needs. I have not been in your specific situation, but they are very nice when it comes to food allergies. I'm betting if you ask, CL staff/chefs will be sure to set aside a sugar-free option special for you.

One other tidbit...having done CL plus reg DDP-not only was it WAY more food than we could eat, it was high overlap.

Every hotel only has ONE main kitchen, even GF! The CL food comes from the same kitchen as all the other food, made by the same chefs. The desserts on CL are identical to most TS desserts. This will almost certainly be true if you are limited to sugar-free options.

The CL's serve veggies every day 5-7pm. Truly, the CL offerings are generally more extensive than what most TS and even signature dining places offer, IMO.

I just posted about all the drinks on CL.

With all DDP, you lose any credits you don't use. You could be different, but we found that DDP+CL = tons of unused credits. We spend much less paying out of pocket, and getting what we want, rather than prescribed DDP options.

The CL does have plenty of drinks available. I picked up our mugs anyway, because they do come in very handy at the pool.

We usually just bring a few cans/cups down to the pool from the lounge. Plus, we usually only go to the pool for about an hour. There's so many things to do at WDW, it is a rush trying to squeeze in everything!

It's kind of funny though, we often end up timing our swims just about perfectly between food offerings, even though we don't exactly plan it that way.

One other tidbit...having done CL plus reg DDP-not only was it WAY more food than we could eat, it was high overlap.

I agree with this. We opted for QS dining, and skip sit down meals altogether this time around. We have generally not had a problem using up the QS credits, but only because I have growing boys who will eat their own plus everybody else's leftovers. OOP costs us a fortune! I think if it were just my husband and me, then I'd just go OOP entirely - way too much food for me on the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter