Explorers Hotel - what do you think ?

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

we always stayed onside on our trips to DLP...always since now.

Looking for the prices this year I have to consider an offsite stay. :sad:

The Explorers Hotel have a very good offer where even a suite for us 4 would be more cheaper than staying onside. :confused3

But when I read holidaycheck or other internet sites ... oh oh. :crazy2:

Very dirty, old rooms, no service and so on. :scared:

But I believe rather you than any hotel rating sites. :grouphug:

So what are your opinion about this hotel ?

The last entry for this hotel at the hotel FQA thread is over 2years old.

:thumbsup2

my last stay at the Explorers was over 2 years ago, so I'm not going to be much help ;).

I hope you get some recent reviews from people who have stayed there in the past year though.

Not stayed there myself but know some people who stayed earlier this year. They said the hotel was fine and the swimming pool was great. :goodvibes

We've stayed there a few times the most recent this May. We love it and the added bonus of the pool really does it for us. They were and I believe still are under going some refurbs so if you do go I'd check what will be affected for your time.

We stayed at The Explorers in June. It was the second time we had stayed there.

We got a free upgrade to the "Sweet Suite" on arrival (although I had previously emailed them about the possibility of booking a suite as an upgrade).

The hotel is a little tired, but in no way dirty or shabby. Like all hotels, if you make an effort to chat to the staff in a polite and courteous manner, they will all do the same - even more so if their primary language isn't your first language, but you make an effort to try.

The pool is fantastic for kids and bigger kids too!

We would have no hesitation in booking The Explorers again.

If I were going now, I would email them to ask what refurbs are going on - The whole Reception area and Restaurant were both being overhauled whilst we there and although it wasn't a real problem, it was unexpected on arrival.

If you have any more questions, just ask...

I'm going to be even less help as I've haven't stayed there since 2008 ..... however if it's any consolation there were poor reviews around during the time we stayed there (5 times during 2005-2008) yet we always found it very clean and comfortable and the pool is good fun for children (little ones and big ones!). Always found the front desk staff helpful too.

I stayed in December and we loved it, was gutted to leave and move to our Disney hotel and I would book it again

We stayed in January this year, and we've stayed in all the Disney & associated hotels. I asked my girls the other day, that the next time we go back, which hotel should we stay, they both shouted "Explorers!!"

The pool was fab and the room we stayed in, was clean. Towels were changed daily and the staff were polite & helpful. Breakfast was no different to Santa Fe & Cheyenne.

Explorers will definitely be booked for our next break :thumbsup2

We stayed in January this year, and we've stayed in all the Disney & associated hotels. I asked my girls the other day, that the next time we go back, which hotel should we stay, they both shouted "Explorers!!"

The pool was fab and the room we stayed in, was clean. Towels were changed daily and the staff were polite & helpful. Breakfast was no different to Santa Fe & Cheyenne.

Did you have to go down to breakfast at an allocated time?? Thanks:thumbsup2

We stayed there last June and agree with the reviews you have read. After the first morning we didn't eat breakfast there, the room was dirty and bits hanging off the furniture and we have seen nicer public toilets than that in our room. Our bed sheets had marks on them we had to get them changed which was a nightmare as the staff did not understand we needed clean sheets and pillow cases kept bringing us pillows and duvet cover then left us to change it ourself.

Our stay was so bad we raised a complaint with our travel agent. The staff were useless too the number of times they mis informed us or simply shurgged and said I don't know was unbelievable.

The pool looked fun but after 20 mins the kids got out it was too cold and we didnt use it again as the changing rooms were disgusting.

I did read reports of mice and rats but did not see any myself.

I disagree there is a lot less choice here for breakfast.

We haven't stayed there for a few years, but I'd agree with all of the positive reviews above.

We used to do 1/2 nights before moving over to the DCR.

My children loved it, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. It's just the cost for a large family that prevents us from going back now :-(

Did you have to go down to breakfast at an allocated time?? Thanks:thumbsup2

Sorry for the delay in replying...Yes, you do have an allocated time, but when we went it wasn't too busy, and one of our days we went down an hour later than our ticket, the staff were most helpful and we went straight in :)

I thought i read somewhere and it could be on disney central plaza, that now that Explorers has been taken over by Alonquin it was due to be refurbished, will see if i can find it when i'm on apc :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter