express pass in october?

hannymom

Mouseketeer
there will be 9 of us, adults and kids combined. 5 have never been to universal so we want to see as much as possible. we will be getting the 2 park 1 day passes. should i buy the express passes to insure they get to see everything? or will i feel i threw away $800 when we pass a short line to get to our ride? we have October 25 set aside for universal/islands. thank you for helping

If you're leaning towards express passes, price out a night at one of the Loews hotels that include express in the price of the room (Hard Rock, Portofino Bay, Royal Pacific). A room at any of those three will get you express passes for all in the room - for check in and check out day. You do not have to stay in the room to reap the benefits.

We bought it for an October trip (2 of us only) but by being there at rope drop and having a plan in place we didn't really need it. It was nice to walk on but a lot of the lines first thing were 10 -15 mins (except HP) You can buy it on the day and add it to the ticket if you find you aren't getting around fast enough.

October 25 is a Thursday and the studios will close at 5:00

This is due to the hard ticket event if hhn

Go to the studios first and switch over to IOA in the early afternoon

I would wait and think about buying the ep once you are there in the parks

You might or might not need it

Or could be you finish the studios completely by 2 without the ep

Switch to IOA and if the park has crowds, just buy the ep for that park

Ep can be purchased at guest services and the merch shops in the parks

If you're leaning towards express passes, price out a night at one of the Loews hotels that include express in the price of the room (Hard Rock, Portofino Bay, Royal Pacific). A room at any of those three will get you express passes for all in the room - for check in and check out day. You do not have to stay in the room to reap the benefits.

This.

For us it would work like this. I could either:

Buy (5) 1-Day Express Pass UNLIMITED for my family for $692.20
or
Book 1 night at the Loews Pacific Resort for us that includes a 1-day Express Pass UNLIMITED for $420.75/night.

That's $271.45 savings AND if I wanted to, I could stay on-site for the night just because!

Depending on how many are in your party, this may be an option you should look into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter