Extended Evening Hours for Deluxe Guests - Just saw this with specifics

I know, I thought I had seen that it was going to be a different park every night. But not sure if that was an official announcement, DIS aboard s or just media coverage. Or perhaps I’m confusing it with the early morning 1/2 hour, which still hasn’t started, correct?
That's what I thought I had read somewhere as well. Maybe it was just a rumor?
While better than nothing, so far, doesn't seem like a huge benefit. It will depend on how many attractions are open.
Personally, would have liked to see HS instead of EPCOT, but not my choice.
Maybe more will be announced as we get closer.

We arrive Thursday and leave on Monday. No opportunity, so I don't feel like I missed anything not booking deluxe!
I'm glad you didn't get suckered into it either! Imagine how mad / disappointed you'd have been if you specifically upgraded to Deluxe to take advantage of the announcement.

Back around 2018 they stopped having HS pmEMH.

And AK had two amEMH's because they had none at night.

So it kinda looks like where they had left off as far as MK & EP having the only pmEMH.

I'm looking forward to see how this daily amEMH in every park works out. Being able to do it every day no matter your park/plans is a big benefit to us over the past. Sometimes it was annoying trying to plan around the schedule and at least once they changed the schedule in between our making ADRs and the trip. Happy to see that part go. Happy to see it's going to be a lot less elbows to contend with lol.

So it kinda looks like where they had left off as far as MK & EP having the only pmEMH.

I'm looking forward to see how this daily amEMH in every park works out. Being able to do it every day no matter your park/plans is a big benefit to us over the past. Sometimes it was annoying trying to plan around the schedule and at least once they changed the schedule in between our making ADRs and the trip. Happy to see that part go. Happy to see it's going to be a lot less elbows to contend with lol.

I was going to say this. It's been several years since DHS has had evening EMH and I wasn't sure if AK ever did. I know that when we were there in June 2018 we went to MK evening EMH (which wasn't nearly as good as it used to be since the hours were from 11:00-1:00. Far more people stayed to take advantage of them.) and EP was the only other park that had evening EMH at that time.

When Disney first announced these extended hours, they used their typical vague wording of "select parks on select evenings" and people just assumed it would be a different park every night and that every park would be included. I don't remember reading anything official that ever said it would be available in all 4 parks.

I’m interested to see how the AM early entry works out too especially with the volume of people currently showing up for rope drop at every park and how resort guests will navigate through the throngs of people not staying onsite. We stopped doing the MK EMH once they let everyone into the hub.

While, as a big fan of Walt’s heritage in general, I’m not sure how I feel about perks exclusively for Deluxe….as a DVC owner I’ll take it (and a few extra of whatever the FP+ replacement turns out to be, if they happen to decide to do that), I suppose.

That said, in the past evening EMHs were pretty useless. At regular closing the best rides all have substantial lines still, and there were so many EMH guests that the two hours was never all that effective for riding headliners. Maybe limiting to Deluxe will make the second hour useful for that purpose?

It’s still nice to be able to stay in the parks, soak up atmosphere, and walk on lesser attractions. Now that we have figured out the targets to max out the Buzz score the kids and I could happily ride that 10x in a row with no line!

I thought Epcot was pretty cool considering Remy will just have opened. I'll ride it at midnight on a Monday night with minimal wait!
Only problem with that is….Remy, I think, may be virtual queue (like RotR and Web-Slingers)….so no standby line for you?!

Last edited:
As to EMH I will say this, having just had our first trip in over two years last month…..with later openings/closings and no EMH we kind of enjoyed not feeling like we had to be up and out for more hours. Of course, not having early/late hours, combined with no FP, did crimp our “go back to the hotel for a midday swim” preferred touring style. So, I’ll welcome EMH back, along with whatever s#%tshow of a FP+ replacement they trot out.

Only problem with that is….Remy, I think, may be virtual queue (like RotR and Web-Slingers….so no standby line for you?!
I wouldn't put it past them to not allow EEH access to Remy.

But all walkways and shops will be 100% open.

I wouldn't put it past them to not allow EEH access to Remy.
Perhaps. It would be a nice way for guests who don’t score the virtual queue (if that’s how it goes) to have a chance to experience it. I can’t imagine how long the line might be, but it would be a nice option!

along with whatever s#%tshow of a FP+ replacement they trot out
Go check out the blog post on Touring Plans regarding the 7.....7 changes that could be coming to FP. It looks like a total nightmare trying to keep track of whatever version of the ride access you'd be interested in.

Of course it's all speculation, but still....7 :rotfl2:

Go check out the blog post on Touring Plans regarding the 7.....7 changes that could be coming to FP. It looks like a total nightmare trying to keep track of whatever version of the ride access you'd be interested in.

Of course it's all speculation, but still....7 :rotfl2:
Yeah, I tried to catch up on that (it’s been a while off these boards for me)…..but I looked away, quickly. Those threads were worse than the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. Run Away!!!

Has anyone recently used these extra hours? We're using them 8/10 at MK & was wondering how the lines have been

Has anyone recently used these extra hours? We're using them 8/10 at MK & was wondering how the lines have been
I did, in May. MK was great - majority of crowd was already at front of park for fireworks, so it emptied out quickly and wait times dropped right away.

Epcot was brutal. Absolute sea of people streaming from World Showcase to front exit after Harmonious, nearly impossible to walk against the flow of traffic. Wait times for TT and Frozen actually went UP after close. Both were 60-80 mins. Walked all the way through a mostly dark World Showcase - no booths/shops open - only to find that Ratatouille was down. Ended up leaving. Total waste of time.

I did, in May. MK was great - majority of crowd was already at front of park for fireworks, so it emptied out quickly and wait times dropped right away.

Epcot was brutal. Absolute sea of people streaming from World Showcase to front exit after Harmonious, nearly impossible to walk against the flow of traffic. Wait times for TT and Frozen actually went UP after close. Both were 60-80 mins. Walked all the way through a mostly dark World Showcase - no booths/shops open - only to find that Ratatouille was down. Ended up leaving. Total waste of time.
Our experience at EPCOT wasn't great. We went on Frozen and Ratatouille and it took the full 2 hours. We waited about 30 minutes at Frozen and an hour at Ratatouille.

We attempted to go on Ratatouille first, but it was down, so walked over to Frozen and did that, then saw Ratatouille was back so we returned. EPCOT is large, so all that walking time adds up. Ratatouille is far from anything else.

Still, it's a couple more rides. It's also at night and not in the heat, which is a bonus.

Would I base the purchase of a deluxe resort on those two extra hours? No. You would be better served buying Genie+ or Lighting Lanes with the money if you intent is lots of rides.

Epcot DEEH was great for us last week - at 6 PM we got a DEEH VQ for GotG, and our other goal was Remy, so we were able to do both. We had hoped to ride TT, but it was down most of the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter