Extended Evening Hours Questions and Answers

I noticed that Creations was definitely open for about the first hour of EEH. Not sure about the second hour. I know it was closed when we walked by 10 minutes after the end of EEH. The only food outlets that we noticed that were open during EEH were popcorn carts.
Thank you!

Hoping to do DHS on may 3 or 4th. Hoping EEH will be offered on the 3rd. I'm guessing May the 4th may be busy anyways with Star Wars fan.

When do they typically release EEH dates for May? I seems like DHS is less likely to offer them compared to other parks, and when they did they seemed to be on less predictable days of the week vs theh same day per week.

Hoping to do DHS on may 3 or 4th. Hoping EEH will be offered on the 3rd. I'm guessing May the 4th may be busy anyways with Star Wars fan.

When do they typically release EEH dates for May? I seems like DHS is less likely to offer them compared to other parks, and when they did they seemed to be on less predictable days of the week vs theh same day per week.
I wouldn’t count on that, it’s usually only Epcot and mk unless during the fall with mk parties when they do some hs and ak nights instead.

Oh it’s already posted for that week, yup typical Monday Epcot Wednesday mk for eeh

Our family will be at WDW May 12-18. Our adult children & their significant others will be with us and there are no young children. I think there will be EEH on Monday at Epcot and Weds at MK and I guess it makes sense to plan to go to these parks on Monday & Wednesday just in case anyone wants to use the EEH. We are staying at a Deluxe Resort. We've never been to WDW in May and haven't visited since GotG or Tron have opened.

Are there any food or drink stands open or do they all close at regular park closing?
How difficult do you think it will be to get to join the virtual cue for GotG or Tron in early-mid May?
Is Disney After Hours at MK way better than just the EEH to make it worth paying for that instead? We'd not be able to do the Epcot EEH.

So many things to consider! Any help is appreciated.

In my opinion GotG is far better than Tron. Since the number of times you can ride it is limited because of the need for a virtual queue, doing Epcot EEH gives you one additional chance to ride. I think in general people reported that getting GotG for EEH is not too difficult. I wouldn’t give up GotG for more time in the MK.

Food/drink: we have only noticed popcorn carts open, but also were too busy to do attractions to really notice.

In my opinion GotG is far better than Tron. Since the number of times you can ride it is limited because of the need for a virtual queue, doing Epcot EEH gives you one additional chance to ride. I think in general people reported that getting GotG for EEH is not too difficult. I wouldn’t give up GotG for more time in the MK.

Food/drink: we have only noticed popcorn carts open, but also were too busy to do attractions to really notice.
This is true if it is working. We went the first one (I’ve heard they got better) and spent way too long waiting for the ride and only rode once (could’ve maybe done 1-2 more times but didn’t want to wait). I’d rather pay for ILL, which is cheaper, and do it multiple times on a longer trip. Luckily it seems that hasn’t happened to the same degree. We had multiple ride issues that night, which you can’t predict.

Heading down in mid-August. What are trends on how far in advance EEH schedule is available?
Past few years, since they brought back the EEH, it has been Mon (EC) and Wed (MK) for EEH in August. That is the time of year we go, August and September, and the days have been Mon/Wed. The MNSSHP takes place some of the other nights at the MK starting in August.

Past few years, since they brought back the EEH, it has been Mon (EC) and Wed (MK) for EEH in August. That is the time of year we go, August and September, and the days have been Mon/Wed. The MNSSHP takes place some of the other nights at the MK starting in August.
This would be ideal and what I am hoping for! We are at Boardwalk on Monday and swap to the Poly on Wednesday, with hopes for the first MNSSHP on Friday.

Our family will be at WDW May 12-18. Our adult children & their significant others will be with us and there are no young children. I think there will be EEH on Monday at Epcot and Weds at MK and I guess it makes sense to plan to go to these parks on Monday & Wednesday just in case anyone wants to use the EEH. We are staying at a Deluxe Resort. We've never been to WDW in May and haven't visited since GotG or Tron have opened.

Are there any food or drink stands open or do they all close at regular park closing?
How difficult do you think it will be to get to join the virtual cue for GotG or Tron in early-mid May?
Is Disney After Hours at MK way better than just the EEH to make it worth paying for that instead? We'd not be able to do the Epcot EEH.

So many things to consider! Any help is appreciated.

We just did both Epcot and MK this week!

I didn't pay attention to Epcot food options but at MK a few places were open. Note: they were not noted as open in the operating hours so that is not a good way to see. I could only find out they were open by 1) they were accepting mobile orders or 2) I walked past and they were open :laughing:

Casey's, Sleepy Hollow, Storybook Treats, Auntie Gravity's, Lunching Pad, and I think Main St Ice Cream was open. In other words, lots of sugary treats with few real food. Most of the popcorn stands were closed. You could always grab bottled drinks in a store.

We easily got VQ for Tron. Didn't try for Guardian's.

Haven't done After hours but we thought EEH was amazing. Walked on - or waited less than 5 minutes - for every ride at MK that we wanted to ride (SDMT was not on our list to ride - it had a short line all evening).

We just did both Epcot and MK this week!

I didn't pay attention to Epcot food options but at MK a few places were open. Note: they were not noted as open in the operating hours so that is not a good way to see. I could only find out they were open by 1) they were accepting mobile orders or 2) I walked past and they were open :laughing:

Casey's, Sleepy Hollow, Storybook Treats, Auntie Gravity's, Lunching Pad, and I think Main St Ice Cream was open. In other words, lots of sugary treats with few real food. Most of the popcorn stands were closed. You could always grab bottled drinks in a store.

We easily got VQ for Tron. Didn't try for Guardian's.

Haven't done After hours but we thought EEH was amazing. Walked on - or waited less than 5 minutes - for every ride at MK that we wanted to ride (SDMT was not on our list to ride - it had a short line all evening).
Was Remy open/walk on at Epcot during extended hours? Also curious... says EEH are from 9-11 with Luminous at 9 p.m., so you have to miss out on Luminous to take advantage of the lower waits?

Was Remy open/walk on at Epcot during extended hours? Also curious... says EEH are from 9-11 with Luminous at 9 p.m., so you have to miss out on Luminous to take advantage of the lower waits?

It was open but we didn't walk all the way back there. We stuck to the front of the park only.

We watched the fireworks and then went to ride stuff, and did everything we wanted to do, but you certainly could jump in a line at 9pm and skip them if you wanted.

We did Remy twice just at the end of EEH with a five minute wait.

Yes, Luminous cuts into your time. If you can, I would recommend to watch Luminous another day.

Also, Frozen tends to get very long lines just after Luminous ends. I would assume that Remy is similar. Our most effective EEH was when we did Test Track just before 9 pm in single rider and then were lucky that our boarding group for Cosmic Rewind was called very quickly - while Luminous was still running. We went there and walked directly into the pre show without a wait (but just walking the line took quite some time). This was great as Cosmic Rewind is a time eater. I think even that day it took us 20 minutes to get out again. Our experience was that the line in the VQ gets longer the later you get into it. It might go down again at the very end of the night, but at 10:30 pm it was quite a wait (not as bad as during the day!).

We rode remy Monday night. Got in line at 1043, and we’re off at 1110 but that includes riding it. Also here during spring break so high crowds.

We only used our guardians vq (waited about 40 minutes) and rode remy in the after hours. Took us about 50 minutes total to ride test track when we got in line at 840.

When we went back in October, Remy was a walk on in EEH went in with kids 3 times in a row.

In normal park opening times it was 90 minutes all day.

I'm new to EEH. Do they usually have EEH in December? Or, is EEH "suspended" when the special parties (MVMCP) are going on? Thank you!

I forgot to mention this a couple weeks ago when I was there. I know there has been questions about getting to a resort that isn’t a deluxe if you switch hotels. When we were there second week of March, we saw a couple non deluxe buses while waiting for a Yacht club bus at about 1245 (normal park close was 11). I wish I payed closer attention to see, but I do 100% recall a Coronado and a French Quarter bus.

I’ve always read that Disney will never leave you stranded when trying to get back to your hotel. It seemed as if most people thought that you were on your own if trying to get back to a non deluxe towards the end of the deluxe after hours. Not sure if this was a fluke or not but I believe you would be able to get to any resort while the buses are still running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter