Extended evening hours

For Epcot EEH, what time do they close the walkway between Norway/France?

Our EP day is a Deluxe EEH 9-11p (we're staying at BC). We're planning to arrive at the park around 3 for atmosphere etc, 7p dinner at Via Napoli (planning to book GOTG ILL 5ish, but not doing G+).

This is my proposed ride order starting at 9: Frozen, Gran Fiesta (might do SB after GOTG, if there's time), Test Track, Soarin, Remy.

But I was wondering if I could get in Remy line at 9 and then walk to Frozen after (which would be 930ish?).

We'll be using the international gateway for exit so it's not a huge deal to end at Remy.

For Epcot EEH, what time do they close the walkway between Norway/France?

Our EP day is a Deluxe EEH 9-11p (we're staying at BC). We're planning to arrive at the park around 3 for atmosphere etc, 7p dinner at Via Napoli (planning to book GOTG ILL 5ish, but not doing G+).

This is my proposed ride order starting at 9: Frozen, Gran Fiesta (might do SB after GOTG, if there's time), Test Track, Soarin, Remy.

But I was wondering if I could get in Remy line at 9 and then walk to Frozen after (which would be 930ish?).

We'll be using the international gateway for exit so it's not a huge deal to end at Remy.
It usually closes not long after the nighttime show ends and people start to leave. It will become a one directional exit at that point. I’m not sure when you are going. If harmonniois is still showing it may work to cross but if it’s Epcot forever I think it will be one directional traffic by 9:30.

We did both EEH this past week, Monday night at Epcot and Wednesday night at MK. Had an issue getting the VQ for Guardians as the app did not recognize my park hopper but I sprinted to the Epcot GR from the Yacht Club at 5:50 PM and they were able to resolve the problem. I suppose if I had not been so close, a screenshot with the time of day and my issue would have worked as well. So if that happens to you, just ask at GR. They said that the issue is that the system sometimes does not "see" the park hopper (and yes, we had already been to our first park of the day).

Rides were great and it was so cool having the park to ourselves! We watched Harmonious, did Test Track, Guardians, and hung out awhile. Made it to Soarin by 10:55 PM and we were on the next to the last ride. They were only loading the "B" (middle) which was awesome! So much fun and so peaceful to walk around at night at Epcot with lower crowds. The popcorn and drink stand next to the Creations store was open as was one outside of the Land pavilion. If we didn't watch fireworks we probably could have done one more ride but we enjoy those and we just took our time.

MK was awesome as well. Only issue there is the park was open later to 11PM so two of our party bagged it by 11:15 or so, but two of us stayed until after 12:30. Did not see many food options but the shops were open and the popcorn stand at the castle was open for us to grab popcorn on our way out.

Overall we enjoyed it and hope to do it again next time we stay Deluxe!

We did both EEH this past week, Monday night at Epcot and Wednesday night at MK. Had an issue getting the VQ for Guardians as the app did not recognize my park hopper but I sprinted to the Epcot GR from the Yacht Club at 5:50 PM and they were able to resolve the problem. I suppose if I had not been so close, a screenshot with the time of day and my issue would have worked as well. So if that happens to you, just ask at GR. They said that the issue is that the system sometimes does not "see" the park hopper (and yes, we had already been to our first park of the day).

Rides were great and it was so cool having the park to ourselves! We watched Harmonious, did Test Track, Guardians, and hung out awhile. Made it to Soarin by 10:55 PM and we were on the next to the last ride. They were only loading the "B" (middle) which was awesome! So much fun and so peaceful to walk around at night at Epcot with lower crowds. The popcorn and drink stand next to the Creations store was open as was one outside of the Land pavilion. If we didn't watch fireworks we probably could have done one more ride but we enjoy those and we just took our time.

MK was awesome as well. Only issue there is the park was open later to 11PM so two of our party bagged it by 11:15 or so, but two of us stayed until after 12:30. Did not see many food options but the shops were open and the popcorn stand at the castle was open for us to grab popcorn on our way out.

Overall we enjoyed it and hope to do it again next time we stay Deluxe!
So last year we arrived on a Monday and were staying at the Dolphin, which counts as deluxe. We went to MK as our first park with hoppers. At 1:00 we did not have the option for the VQ for GOTG. I had thought you did not have to be in the park if you had EEH, but I could be wrong. The problem was our reservation was dropped from the app as is the case a lot with the Dolphin. I went to GS in the Dolphin after we checked in to have that fixed and we were able to enter for EEH at Epcot that night. But we had missed out on the VQ!
This year we are staying at BC so I didn't think we'd have problem. How did they fix it at 5:50pm, isn't that too late?

So last year we arrived on a Monday and were staying at the Dolphin, which counts as deluxe. We went to MK as our first park with hoppers. At 1:00 we did not have the option for the VQ for GOTG. I had thought you did not have to be in the park if you had EEH, but I could be wrong. The problem was our reservation was dropped from the app as is the case a lot with the Dolphin. I went to GS in the Dolphin after we checked in to have that fixed and we were able to enter for EEH at Epcot that night. But we had missed out on the VQ!
This year we are staying at BC so I didn't think we'd have problem. How did they fix it at 5:50pm, isn't that too late?
So - the issue we had is that the system saw our YC reservation, but did not "see" the park hopper. Since I was at GR she put notes in the system that I was there just before 6 with the issue - then when we came back into the park just after 8 for the evening, we went back to GR. They then assigned us into the last BG for the night. That group was called by 10 or so. Worked out great!
So yes - you don't have to be in the park to get the VQ for the EEH - but our issue was that our hopper pass was not registering. Most likely if we had tapped into Epcot that afternoon before going to the pool it would have been a non-issue, and looking back on it, I would do that next time.
Also - if I had not been that close to a park GR I would have taken screen shots to show the attempt to try to get the VQ at 6PM, then gone to GR at Epcot when I got there that night to see if they could help.

You have to have tapped into the park to try for the 1:00 VQ. You do not have to be in the park for the 7am or 6pm as long as you have Epcot (or MK for Tron) as your park res of the day or the PH option on your ticket.

Gotcha. I think it was the 6pm then. I had forgotten about that. We didn't get to MK until 2 or so after our flight now that I think about it, so we were there for awhile. It's a good reminder tho.

For 6pm though you have to have entered your starting park for the day to reserve.
Correct, thanks for the clarification for those who don’t know, but you do not actually have to be in the park. I got GotG at the 6pm drop from the Skyliner in Jan. Just like you don’t actually have to be in the park for the 1pm drop, but you have to have tapped into Epcot (or MK for Tron) to be eligible - the system knows you have tapped in. It doesn’t know if you’ve left - at least not for VQ purposes. I used to get the second drop for Rise from my hotel room when it was VQ after leaving HS even though people insisted that couldn’t be done.

Do you? We booked 6 PM VQs before entering our reserved park, which happened to be Epcot.
We are planning on going into MK in the evening at around 7 for EEH after dinner on a resort day and I’m worried about this because I keep seeing mixed answers. We have MK reserved for the day and we’re at the Poly so it wouldn’t be awful but I really don’t want to have to go tap in prior to 6 especially since our dinner is fairly early.

We are planning on going into MK in the evening at around 7 for EEH after dinner on a resort day and I’m worried about this because I keep seeing mixed answers. We have MK reserved for the day and we’re at the Poly so it wouldn’t be awful but I really don’t want to have to go tap in prior to 6 especially since our dinner is fairly early.
Although I commented “correct” above, now that I think about it, the time I got GotG from the skyliner was a super-short end-of-Jan trip. We had just arrived & spent the afternoon doing a skyliner crawl, but we hadn’t entered a park yet at that point. We were heading back to BW to hit up Abracadabar before going to Epcot, which happened to be our reserved park. (Maybe that’s the key?). That’s the only time I’ve ever done VQ for GotG - I usually do ILL$, so that’s my only experience with the 6pm drop. Sorry if my info may have been incorrect. (However, my comment about not having to physically be in the park at 1pm after tapping in in order to be eligible for VQ still stands.)

Although I commented “correct” above, now that I think about it, the time I got GotG from the skyliner was a super-short end-of-Jan trip. We had just arrived & spent the afternoon doing a skyliner crawl, but we hadn’t entered a park yet at that point. We were heading back to BW to hit up Abracadabar before going to Epcot, which happened to be our reserved park. (Maybe that’s the key?). That’s the only time I’ve ever done VQ for GotG - I usually do ILL$, so that’s my only experience with the 6pm drop. Sorry if my info may have been incorrect. (However, my comment about not having to physically be in the park at 1pm after tapping in in order to be eligible for VQ still stands.)
Yes, I wonder if the key is that Epcot/MK is your reserved park. I really don’t know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter