Extended Family Magical Trip 2022

Duck143

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! We just got home from our 10 day, 8 Park hopping days with 8 people (my parents, our family of 4 and my brother with GF) We did a split stay with 3 nights at CBR and then 6 nights at BCV. We used a car service to pick us up (and drop us back off) at MCO and they were punctual and brought us to a Plublix to do a grocery store sweep. Message me and I'll give you their info. We did mobile check in, so our rooms at CBR were ready by the time we were dropped off at around 9pm. We had three rooms booked and they were all together on a second floor in Aruba. I had requested Jamaica, but we were all glad to be together. The rooms were clean and we didn't have any trouble getting in with MagicBands and phones. The toilet in our room (family of 4) didn't flush properly, so we had to call for maintenance. It took 2 different people, but eventually it was fixed.

Our first park day was HS and we took the Skyliner. I love the Skyliner for transportation to the parks, so it was a great way to start the day. I had pre-purchased Memory Maker, so we took as many photos as everyone could stand. We visited Oga's, which is always a blast for our family and we finished the night with dinner for all 8 at Toppolino's Terrace. This restaurant was superb. I have been to a lot of different Disney restaurants and this one was the best so far. The sunset was on one side of the restaurant and the full moon the other. Fireworks after dinner were spectacular. I would definitely recommend making an ADR for dinner there.

Our second park day was MK. We had coffee in the room, but no breakfast. We started our MK with a trip down Main St in the red jitney car. This was hands down our favorite moment of all 8 days. My Dad was laughing so hard. We had a driver named Jesse and she was the greatest! MK was SO crowded, since it was a non party day, and she drove that car and honked the horn at everyone on Main St like a champ, it was hysterical. Then she took photos of us in front of her car parked in front of the castle. It really was unreal and I recommend doing this! The park was insanely busy and if you can go to MK on a party day, it was like night and day with the crowds. We left MK in the afternoon to visit AK at night and jump on FoP right at closing time. This plan worked perfectly and meanwhile, my parents left MK to change and go to dinner at Citrico's. They enjoyed dinner there at the GF, but prefer Narcoossee's.

The 3rd day was relocating to BCV and an Epcot day. We scheduled a luggage pickup in 1 of the rooms at CBR and mobile ordered at Primo Piatta. I love breakfast over there! It is definitely worth a trip to the Riviera resort. At 7am, I was able to secure BG #2 for GotG. The BG was called shortly after 8am, but everyone was eating breakfast so we were going to be late. I found throughout the week that it is much better to be late at DisneyWorld than to be early. We rode Remy with a LL as soon as we entered and then proceeded to GotG. They didn't give us any trouble for being late, but it did take about an hour waiting to get on the ride. That ride is so much fun, I just smile just thinking about how much fun it is! We have very motion sickness prone people in our party and the ride didn't bother anyone. My parents took the kids to Space 220 lounge for drinks and a snack and the rest of us went to La Cava de Tequila. It was our first time in there and definitely worth a stop. The avocado margarita was awesome! We did a quick ride on TT and then headed to see if our luggage made it to our rooms. We received our room numbers and were disappointed that our rooms were not all together even though I had spent lots of time on the phone prior to the trip putting in the Travel With room requests. My brother's studio and our 1 BR were connected with the inside door, but my parents, who paid and were celebrating their 51st anniversary were on a totally different floor no where near us. We do enjoy sitting altogether after a park day, but they were so far it wasn't going to be possible. We asked if there was anything that could be done, but there weren't any other options at the time we checked in. The luggage hadn't arrived and Bell services got pretty confused since all our luggage was picked up together and now we were on different floors. I actually had to go into the storage room and point out our luggage and told Bell Services where to deliver it. It was pretty chaotic after a busy day at the parks, but we got it sorted out. We changed and headed to dinner at Ale & Compass. Dinner here was delicious and our server was excellent. I would definitely recommend. I was able to secure a BG for GotG at the 6pm drop, so we headed back into EP for deluxe after hours. We rode Remy again, since we walk right by it entering in the International Gateway. After a bit of browsing through the shops, we headed to GotG. The line was definitely a lot shorter than it had been earlier in the day. Again, it was a TON of fun. As soon as we got off, my DS 8yo went up to the CM at the entrance and said 'I love it SO much, do you think I can ride again?' The CM's said that we could, and one ran up to us before entering the line and told my 2 DS that kindness goes a long way and it is good to be kind to one another. He said that guests had treated them nastily all day and it was very refreshing for someone to be nice to them so they could return the kindness and let us ride. There was no one in the queue or in the preshows. It really was a magical moment.

I could end the trip report there because the rest of the trip was just as magical. The weather was perfect and visited all the parks numerous times, we rode GotG again, paid to ride FoP and RotR, because my crew had no desire for rope dropping or waiting over an hour. I used G+ every day and was able to skip 90% of the lines and we rode everything everyone wanted. We ate at Biergarton, Via Napoli, TRex, Yak & Yeti, Cape May breakfast, Ale & Compass breakfast, Space 220 lounge, Oga's Cantina, ABC Commissary, Friar Nook's, Ronto Rooster, Flying Fish, Il Mulino, a Monorail Crawl (the included Tambu lounge, Enchanted Rose, and a balcony at Contemporary to view the Halloween fireworks. Feel free to ask me about any of them! We had so many wonderful moments spent in the parks as a family and the CM's really made the trip. I would definitely say the magic is still there, but it definitely cost a lot more than it used to!!

Last edited:
This sounds magical! What is the red car at Magic Kingdom? We have a big family trip coming up to and I’d love to look into this!

This sounds magical! What is the red car at Magic Kingdom? We have a big family trip coming up to and I’d love to look into this!
1666113729172.png
It is this red car above and it fit our party of 8 people snuggly. It goes straight up Main St and drops you off in front of the castle. In order to get through the crowds, the driver honks at every single thing in the way including groups of people, strollers, wheelchairs, etc, while you and your party just smile and wave. It is one of the greatest things ever. People were asking us how much it cost to do it!

View attachment 711645
It is this red car above and it fit our party of 8 people snuggly. It goes straight up Main St and drops you off in front of the castle. In order to get through the crowds, the driver honks at every single thing in the way including groups of people, strollers, wheelchairs, etc, while you and your party just smile and wave. It is one of the greatest things ever. People were asking us how much it cost to do it!
Oh this sounds amazing!!!!! How do you book it?

Oh this sounds amazing!!!!! How do you book it?
It only runs in the morning, I think before 11am, and you just wait for it in front of the railroad station when you first enter the park. I have seen it 3 times sitting there and no one realizes you can take it for a ride up Main St.

Thank you for sharing! I love the suggestion for the Red Car - putting this on our to-do list!

Just a clarification: You were able to ride Remy with a LL twice in the same day?

Thank you for sharing! I love the suggestion for the Red Car - putting this on our to-do list!

Just a clarification: You were able to ride Remy with a LL twice in the same day?
You know what, I don't think we did since you can't get it more than once per day! I can fix that in my trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter