Extending College Program?

sammielynn

DIS Veteran
My son is currently in the college program and applied to extend. His status is listed as not extended. Is it hard to extend your program?

I see where several folks have seen this question, but no answers. It this a very bad sign that he didn't get extended?

I heard that too many people from fall 2014 extended and/or they hired too many people for spring 2015 at WDW to the point where they had to ask some people to push back their move-in dates. Maybe they're just limiting the number of people that extend to prevent this from happening again.

When my daughter did the college program (Spring '13 - Kilimanjaro Safaris), she extended twice. Both times there were only six spots open.

It also depends on the roles he goes for, if he was trying to extend into the more competitive roles, your chances diminish by a lot.

Also, at least during my CP, it depended on whether or not you chose Same Role/Same Location or New Role. I remember the Extension application HEAVILY indicated that those who chose Same Role/Same Location would have a better chance.
All four of us in my Role/Location applied. My best friend and I were the only two offered extensions, both in the Same Role/Same Location.

I should have mentioned above that my daughter kept her same role at safaris both times she extended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter