Extra charge for over 2 adults?

Soccer Princess

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never
I have heard there is an extra charge for over 2 adults in a room. Is this in all resorts or just the deluxes? Not to start controversy or condone lying, but how does Disney know if you had over 2 adults (which I am assuming means over 18?)? There will be 4 of us, 3-18 (one by only four days) and 1- 17.

Thanks

There is an additional charge for each person over the age of 18 (when there are more than 2 in the room). I cannot figure out why??? If you are 16 or 18, you will still use the same amount of water, electric, towels.... etc...... I want to say that at the value and moderates the charge is $10 or $15 each......

The extra charge is $15.00 per person. However, there was no charge for my FIL, as he is a senior citizen. I think that's probably up to the CM who checks you in. I was honest enough to tell them that my travel agent had forgotten to put him on the reservation, and they were very nice about it.

Beth

The extra charge IS $15 per person if you're at a moderate resort. It's $10 at All Stars, $25 at deluxes and $5 at Fort Wilderness cabins.

As far as whether Disney will know -- if you go frequently, they have a record of everyone's ages. If you (or some of your party) don't, I don't believe there is any way Disney will know.

I am the only one of us who have been in the past 5 years. My 18th birthday is April 1st and we are going the 5th. Hmm...an extra $15 a night could buy dinner!

Thanks for your help

Basically this is not a "Disney Thing" it is common at almost all hotels - the room rate is based on double occupancy and kids stay free.

The hotels have to pick an age to start charging, or of course they could just raise the rate of the room by $20 - $50 and not have a double occupancy rule.

As far as if Disney will know how many "adults" are in the room - I think you just need to use your own judgemnet on what you are comfortable with.

Hope you enjoy your trip...

Yep, it is for all of them, sorry! Basically, it is that way for most major resort hotels.

My only advice here is maybe be honest about it, be nice, and sweet, and maybe the CM will work some Disney Magic. ;)
We stayed at ASMO and my mother came along. At check in she was taking out money to pay her extra charge of 10.00/night(value) and the CM told her to hold on while she worked some magic. Lo and behold, she came back and said that DM would not be charged. I dont know if this happens often, but it can be done. Good luck!

I remember reading at some point that if the 18 year old is your son/daughter staying in your room, that there have been times when the fee was waived. After all, an 18 year old in college doesn't have any more money than they did at 17, if anything less. I'm not sure how this works though; if you mention it when making the ressie, or when you are checking in.

Has anyone done this? :):D:)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :sunny: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :sunny: :bounce:

We recently booked a room at the CR for two adults but then had our 19 and 21 year old "kids" join us at the last minute - and we were not charged the extra fee, the CM said it was up to the CM's at check-in (I'm sure the leeway was based on the "adults" being our children). For other trips, when we booked at Central Reservations we were never charged the fee but I believe that's because we simply reserved the rooms and paid at checkout, when we booked at Disney Travel (because of MKC), we were charged the fee and paid in advance.

Just returned last night from AKL.....we are 4 people...one daughter is 18 (almost 19) I told the correct ages and we were not charged. I guess it is up to their discretian?:rolleyes:

Just returned from POR where the extra adult fee is $15 per night. On our most recent reservation my husband had somehow made the reservation for 2 adults and 2 juniors (must be living in a fantasy world still - LOL!). At checkin I told the CM that the reservation should have been for 3 adults and 1 junior. She didn't blink an eye and never charged us - I was ready to pay! Must have been her Christmas spirit!

My daughter turned 18 during our last trip but we had already checked with CRO and they told us that she would still qualify for the junior rate since she was not 18 at check-in.

For our upcoming CBR reservations, I made sure that everything was legit and we were charged $30 per day for our kids. Kind of a killer. Depending on rates in the future, this may lead us to stay at a DVC resort where the extra per person fee is not charged or get 2 rooms at a cheaper resort.

So, a little clarity here...some have said the extra charge applies if they are "over 18" (which seems that it would be upon turning 19), where others have said "18 and over" (which would be when they turn 18). Does anyone know for sure which it is? My oldest just turned 17 in Nov., so I'm looking ahead to next year. Thanks!

To clarify, we called CRO just before our recent Christmas trip. CRO stated that the extra charge applies to guests 18 and older. I.e., once a young person returns to Disney following their 18th birthday they become an adult in Disney's eyes and the extra charge applies.

To agree with others, most hotel chains have the same policy. Doesn't make much sense to me either. I would think that as long as you have the correct bedding for guests that the room should be one price. Oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter