Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following too. Have a trip planned for mid October and am interested to see how early they let people in to GE, how quickly the lines build up for the Falcon ride, and how the lines are for the other rides before 9 AM.

Also interested to see how the 7 AM openings at MK and DAK go compared to when only one park opens that early.

Eagerly awaiting how this goes as I'll be doing this on the 14th when I'm there. Hopefully I can get a few things done before heading back to pass out at the hotel.

It's definitely our plan to be there at 6am for our trip 9/25-9/29. At least one day. Maybe a couple. We did the AP previews and it was spectacular so as many times as we can experience it with as little crowd as possible, the better! Can't wait to see how it shakes out for other people and how early you actually need to be there!

With the newly released reservations I am thinking SWGE at EEMH is not going to be all that crowded. I actually wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks head straight to Slinky, RnRC, and ToT instead as a result of this awful new tiered FP system.

Hope so, attempting to do all the main rides and some of SWGE before 9 when we go.

With the newly released reservations I am thinking SWGE at EEMH is not going to be all that crowded. I actually wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks head straight to Slinky, RnRC, and ToT instead as a result of this awful new tiered FP system.
We actually plan to go right to TSL at 6am. We have Oga reservations so we’ll get in to see SWGE that day and we’ll skip the ride. We aren’t Star Wars fans though 😬

That's our plan for 9/1. We have reservations in SWGE in the evening. I didn't book any HS fastpasses because of the ridiculous tiers so we are hoping to get the rides done during EEMH. Fingers crossed!

not planning on going to star wars. Was going to utilize the 6am opening for TSL. We will see how it goes!

We’re headed to knock out RnRC and ToT first, then we’ll see what the wait is for Smugglers Run. If it’s atrocious, off to TSL we’ll go. We have a Slinky FP for 12:45 so no rush to get there.

I am also wondering how the crowd will differ for early morning versus late night to decide how to split AK (for Flight of Passage) versus HS (for the Falcon) since I am more a night owl. I will have people who have never been to either park and we have the one day (with lots of extended hours) to hit both.

I am also wondering how the crowd will differ for early morning versus late night to decide how to split AK (for Flight of Passage) versus HS (for the Falcon) since I am more a night owl. I will have people who have never been to either park and we have the one day (with lots of extended hours) to hit both.
I would go to AK early since at night you'll be competing with Fast Passes, at DHS you won't be.

I am wondering how crowded the non SWGE portions of the park will be. We want to try for TSL but I guess I will see how crowd reports go.

I’m curious to see how AK goes too because I wasn’t able to get a FOP fastpass until 4:45 on our AK day. I’d prefer to rope drop it but I know I won’t get my family there before 6:30 so I’m curious how far back we’ll be in the crowd once it opens at 7.

We arrive on Saturday 8/31 and will be there thru 9/9, so I will report when we return on our experience.

Plan to use EEMH for SWGE on 9/4 and TSL on 9/6.

We will use it at AK on 9/1, but since we have FP's for FoP later that night and another later in the week, we are planning to turn right while everyone else goes left to Pandora. I think we will be able to clear out some rides on EE and Dinosaur before heading to the first Lion King show and our KS fp.

We may use it at MK on 9/5, but that will depend on how exhausted we are, being later in the trip and having several days at MK planned, sleeping in might win out for that day.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this does help with crowds and how many resort guests are willing to get up that early. I believe it will be a lot more than anyone thinks-word is out that the way to get things done at WDW (outside of $$$ events) is to get there early. We'll see I guess.

We are viewing the EEMH as simply new opening hours.
We are going to watch on here to see how it's going for HS, and decide if we really want to hit HS right about 5:30, or just get there between 6 and 7? Or just stroll in at 7:30-8.
We have great times for all our FP+ at the other parks, so for HS, we have to just give it some thought! They really messed up with these new tiers, so stand-by it will be...... or some fast work on the app the day of!
We are early risers and are used to 7am openings. Years ago.... that was pretty normal to be at the parks by 7 or 8 for rope drop. :sunny:

Headed down to the world tomorrow for a week plus stay and planning on do EEMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter