Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did EEMH at DHS yesterday. I was through security and in the park at 6:01 according to my first picture lol! I headed to SDD and rode twice by 6:30. Then rode TSMM which was a five minute posted wait. TT was temporarily down but came back up a little after seven and was walk on. I then took my time walking to SGE and looking around. By the time I did the ride it must’ve been after 8 and the posted wait was 50 but I was on in about ten with single rider. On my way out I had breakfast at Woody’s. I’m toying with going again this morning.

Very short waits at HS. We arrived about 7. Had a 5 minute wait at SDD, TSMM, walked onto AS2. Walked over to SWGE. About a 20 minute wait for Smugglers Run.
AK very short waits except for FoP. Navi, EE, Dinosaur were all under 5 minutes. Rode EE 3 times.
MK with the exception of 7DMT, all under 5 minutes. SM twice, Buzz twice, teacups, once, PP once.

Finally got to experience eemh. Arrived at HS at about 5:15. No toll booths were open; there was a van waiting but we drove to the side. Parking cm were there and parked us in the first row. No wait for bag check. We were about halfway back to the ticketbooths. By 5:30 the line was all the to the booths. At 5:40 they let us in. We were about seven rows back. Just before six we started a very slow walk back to SR, but there were no stormtroopers marching us back like others have posted, which was disappointing. There were some once we were in BSO, and Rey, Chewie, and a resistance member were waving at us for a minute before they went to work on their ship. Despite cm’s best efforts a ton of people were quite rude and passed us up instead of walking in order. The people behind us said they had been the first to arrive at the park. By the time we reached SR it was 6:13. We reached Hondo at 6:20 and were off at 6:32. We had no time to walk around the lounge that ride or the second time later. We walked up to Oga’s at about 7:45- there was no line and they checked us in to our 9:55 reservation.

Times for the other rides we did:
SDD time posted 20 mn at 6:38, waited 14.
SDD at 6:56 posted 25, waited 16mn
7:27 TSM posted 10 mn, waited 8mn
SR at 830 posted 40. End of line in tunnel just past falcon. Off at 905.

We did AK EEMH today. We got through bag check and line was even with ticket booths at 6:45 & a few min later we started the walk to Pandora. It didn’t feel crowded. We weren’t off the ride until 8:00. I was bummed because we were going to try and ride it twice. We were held in the pre show a lot longer than when we rode it earlier this week. It also took a while once we got in our seats to start the ride. not sure what the hold ups were. We did get another fast pass at the 11:01 drop & that was quick and easy. I preferred earlier this week when we got in line 15 min before park close. We waited 20 min and we got to go through the entire cue which was neat. Not sure if waking up early was worth it. Tomorrow we try DHS....

We did Hollywood Studios yesterday morning as well and loved it. We got there at 6:45 and walked in. No lines for bag or entry and park opened a few min early. We walked straight to SDD and oh my we loved it. What a surprise and so fun at 6 am! Just loved the park in the early morning with all then lights on in the area. Rode SDD twice, TSM 3 times and did alien ride and met Jesse. Ate some breakfast and went to rnr twice and tower of terror three times. It was so amazing! We basically finished the park by 9. We needed up shopping and then meeting Star Wars characters and Pluto and muppets then was at sci fi by 10:40 for lunch. It was probably one of the best mornings I have ever had in a park!

I attended EEMH on Saturday 10/26. Absolutely amazing experience. We arrived at Pop bus stop about 5:30am and waited about 10 minutes for a bus. We were inside DHS at 6:03am. No lines for bag check. Headed straight to TSL and did SDD with about a 5 minute wait, then walked on both AS2 and TSM. Stopped for breakfast at Woody's, then headed to TOT and RNRC. We were in SWGE by 8am. Walked around the land a bit and hopped in line for MFSR about 8:20am with a posted wait of 40 minutes. We were on the ride by 8:40, so about a 20 minute actual wait. From there we headed to Oga's for a 9:05 ADR. It was a perfect morning and so worth the early alarm!

Thank you for everyone who has posted their EEMH experiences. I had no idea how to plan for this day and relied on all the advice i got here.
We had an absolutely awesome day at DHS. Our group of 9 arrived at 5:30. Arrived in Toy Story land right at 6:00. By 9:15 had done:
SDD x2
A2S x1
TSM x2
RRC x2
MFSR x2
I’m exhausted but it was so much fun.
Crowds were low today & we then did fast passes for ST, snack break, TT, single rider RRC and Muppets before lunch at Mamas at 12:00. No one wanted to take a break so we did Frozen, TLM and then my mom and I found a nice air Conditioned comfy spot by the Star Wars meet and greets to rest while the rest did MFSR yet again. We took some photo pass pics in GE & then went to Oga’s. We used FPP for TSM & some of us got food while others did TT again. We met up for Fantasmic & then 3 of us left the park - I could do no more! The other 6 are still at the parks getting in more TT & MFSR. My husband wanted to rope drop MK tomorrow & I vetoed that idea. I’m going to need a vacation to recuperate from my vacation!

I did it several days back at the Beginning of October. I got in line everyday at HS at 520ish. At the front of the line everyday to go which ever way I decided to go. The first 2 days I did SW:GE. I walked on Smuggler's Run and rode in the first wave. Went to Oga's and got a drink. Walked to Toy Story Land and did Slinky and TSMM. Walked to ToT and walked on it and the same for RnR. Did Star Tours and then went back and rode ToT a few more times and left HS each day by 830 and hopped to another park. That was really making the most of those 3 hours.

SDD was down until 6:30 today. Got 2 rides at TSMM and one of the first reopened SDD rides. In line again for SDD but the people have shown up now so we will see how long it takes.

Went yesterday, Tuesday 10/29

5:30 arrive Hollywood Studios from the Swan on foot
5:35 finished linking my email ticket to a card at guest services
5:45... Slow progression into park. End of front of pack. By myself so can maneuver pretty easily.
6:05 get in Millennium Falcon line
6:15 Board MF
6:25 Ride over
6:30 Arrive to Alien Saucers, walk on
6:35 in line for Slinky, 12 minute wait
6:55 in line for TSMM, 5 minute wait
7:25 RnR, walk on
7:38 ToT, walk on
7:47 start walking back to the Swan

Very low crowds in general yesterday in my opinion. I rode the ToT three times in 20 minutes at 9pm. Related: the weather was very hot and humid.

Wonder if we were on slinky together lol
Today was our day!

Fire alarm at YC at 3:30am, did not fall back to sleep
Got up at 5:30am
Caught boat to DHS, through gates at 5:58

Rode
SD
TSMM x 2
Aliens
SR
Hung out at Ogas
Built a droid
Browsed the shops at SWGE
Watched Chewy repair a ship
Photopass Magic shots
ST
RnR
Out at 9:12

Accomplished what we wanted.
Enjoyed seeing TSL and SWGE before sunrise and SWGE at sunrise.

Thanks all who have posted. You made this great morning happen for us.
We were at Beach club and also woke to the fire alarm. Then proceeded to do the same plan you did. What a great morning!

Posting my other two EEMH experiences from this week. On Monday I went to MK and was through bag check just a minute or two after 7 a.m. Headed straight to Peter Pan and it was a walk-on. Next went to Mine Train where the posted wait was 20 minutes and I definitely waited that long if not a bit longer. Pooh ride was down when I got off Mine Train so I headed to IASW (walk on) and by the time I got off the rest of the park was open.

I did a second day of EEMH at DHS on Tuesday. I headed out a little later that day then I had on Sunday. Got to the ASMo bus stop at around 6:15 and was in the park by 6:45. Went straight to Galaxy Edge to get pics of it lit up. Did the single rider line for MF, which was literally walk on at about 6:55 (sorry I can't remember what the wait time was for the regular line). Headed to SDD by 7:30 and posted wait was 15 minutes and that was spot on. Had breakfast at Woody's Lunchbox (really liked the yogurt parfait - I had it twice this trip!) and then to ToT, which was a walk on.

I was a huge fan of EEMH and they allowed me to get so much done each day of my trip! I'm an early riser on vacation and being solo this trip, I didn't have to wait for the rest of my family to get ready so it worked out great. Both days that I did DHS I was out of the park by 9 a.m. to hop to another park. It was almost like having two days in one!

We did EEMH at HS this morning, and it was awesome. We (me, DH and kids aged 13, 10 and 8) left our room at the CR at 5:10, got thru bag check quickly and waited about 25 minutes total for the park to open.

Thanks to reading other people’s experiences, we decided to go to Toy Story land first. My 8yo decided he didn’t want to do SDD, so he and I did TSMx2 while the others rode. We all went on the Saucers, then headed into SWGE, where we rode SR twice, all before 7:30.

Had a drink at Oga’s, signed up for Jedi training, met Olaf then DS and I rode ST 3x while DH and the other kids did RNRR x3. By then the park opened and we had droid and Savi’s reservations.

We were all so glad we made the effort to get into the park at 6, especially since it is brutally hot today.

Thanks so much to everyone who posted their experiences and wait times.

Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences. We took your advice for 2 mornings at HS and went straight to TSL. Last Friday we walked into the park at 6am and at a leisurely pace did:
Slinky x2
TSM
MFSR x2
R&R x2

Saturday we did EEMH at AK and were a little late starting. Navi was down at 7:30 so we did Everest x2 then short wait for Safari when it opened at 8:15. Dinoland was pretty empty and waits for characters were short.

Sunday we did EEMH at MK. Another late start but Space was a walk on. Made it to Thunder as the rope drop crowd was arriving. Maybe 10 min wait. We were able to hit quite a few more rides with minimal waits before our FP started.

Monday back to HS for another round of EEMH. Didn't arrive until 6:30 this time, and a bit more crowded than Friday. Still managed:
Slinky
TSM
AS2
MFSR
breakfast
R&RC
ToT was down initially but caught it shortly after it came back up and was about 10-15 min wait.

Overall, wait times were inflated throughout our stay. For example, on Sunday at MK Buzz showed 25 but it was only 5. That was an extreme example, but most waits were in the 5-15 min range.

I appreciated the EEMH. It allowed us to accomplish everything without FP on our short 4 day trip. It also allowed us to beat the heat and go at a slower pace.

We went on 10/29.

Our initial thought was to do TSL 1st than SWGE but we ended up arriving around 645ish. The app said 15min for MF so we went straight there. We than hit up TSL and got all 3 rides in, I think 20min wait for SDD. than headed back to SWGE and MF had 20min or so line so we jumped back in again. We then did breakfast at docking bay around 9ish and toured the land a bit.

Was a great idea. The weather was extremely hot that week so being in park before sunrise helped a lot.

We went back to the park around 630pm and to our delight by 730-8pm lots of walk ons or easy to get FP bookable rides.

Last edited:
Very interested in seeing how crowds will be now that the extra hours are gone from HS. Will crowds go towards Star Wars or head over to Toy Story land? I go to Disney in mid December...

Very interested in seeing how crowds will be now that the extra hours are gone from HS. Will crowds go towards Star Wars or head over to Toy Story land? I go to Disney in mid December...

It seemed even if it wasn't everyone goibg to swge this morning that lines did nothing but grow in both lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter