• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra guest coming for last night of our stay

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
DSIL decided to take a last minute trip to disney. Me, DH, and DD are staying at BCV. She is coming down for our last night at BCV and we would like to invite her to stay with us.
Can we add a guest for one night?
Can she use DME?
Also, our family has the dining plan for our stay...will this be affected in any way if she does join us for one night?

Never came across this before as members....just seeing what can be done?

my understanding is everybody staying in the room must be on the dinning plan since there staying with you one night i wouldn't say anything to DVC about there stay

I went through this in May. You have to add her prior now and she has to buy the dining plan for the entire time. From some posts here on the boards I messed up in May. We were at bcv and my grandson was coming for a few days. So folks advised me to just add him at bcv after he arrived. That did not work. We were told that if he was added he would have to buy the ddp for the entire time. I didn't think that was correct so called ms while we were there. The cm said that was correct now. She even called the manager while I was on hold to come up with a solution. There was nothing. They said they could give him a day pass, but he could not use it to get into SAB. I told the cm I would just give him my magicband and he could use that. She said "That will work" too. Since we don't use SAB it was not a big deal. The cm said if we didn't have the ddp they could've added him by redoing the entire reservation, but the ddp was the problem. I spoke with ms a few weeks ago when I added my sil to a reservation and mentioned what happened and she said yes, you have to add people before checking in now and no longer at the front desk. So I was told this 3 times. I would love to hear if anyone has going through this recently. Our trip was 3 weeks ago.

I went through this in May. You have to add her prior now and she has to buy the dining plan for the entire time. From some posts here on the boards I messed up in May. We were at bcv and my grandson was coming for a few days. So folks advised me to just add him at bcv after he arrived. That did not work. We were told that if he was added he would have to buy the ddp for the entire time. I didn't think that was correct so called ms while we were there. The cm said that was correct now. She even called the manager while I was on hold to come up with a solution. There was nothing. They said they could give him a day pass, but he could not use it to get into SAB. I told the cm I would just give him my magicband and he could use that. She said "That will work" too. Since we don't use SAB it was not a big deal. The cm said if we didn't have the ddp they could've added him by redoing the entire reservation, but the ddp was the problem. I spoke with ms a few weeks ago when I added my sil to a reservation and mentioned what happened and she said yes, you have to add people before checking in now and no longer at the front desk. So I was told this 3 times. I would love to hear if anyone has going through this recently. Our trip was 3 weeks ago.
Seems strange, since they can't add the dining plan with less than 48 hours notice. Maybe try to call the day prior?

If yu don't add them to room they Cant use ME. But I don't see why they couldn't just pay cash at meals with a separate check. But we never do dining plan, so obviously there are rules I don't know about. If they extra guest had a way to the resort, Personally I wuld just give them one of your magic band to let them get in and out of room..and then they just pay cash at dinner on a separate check.

This was always the policy but it wasn't always enforced and/or enforcement varied by resort.

:earsboy: Bill

This was always the policy but it wasn't always enforced and/or enforcement varied by resort.

Thanks Bill. I guess reading so many posts from other board members telling me and others, just add your day guest to your reservation is easy as long as you are within your occupancy, was not very good information. One of the reasons I posted this was to get the word out so someone else doesn't have to deal with it in the future. Even when I called MS the other day to add my son in law to my October reservation because he is coming in a few days earlier before his reservation starts, the CM even mentioned it too. I told her this may change again if his plans change, but she said you just need to do it before the reservation begins. And she pointed out that you can not just add the person to your room at the resort desk.

They can add them at check in or later but things have changed somewhat. What they have to do now, as I understand it, is to cancel then rebook the reservation. IMO this creates a lot of risk. The other thing you can do, and they will do so, is get extra keys for the room that are tied to someone's account that's in the room already and they can list them in the comments section. Their MB won't be tied to the room but they can still use it for park access, FP, etc. All one can do is let them know. An honest person who actually knows ahead of time will add them then decide whether to get the DP for all in the room or possibly cancel it if booked for less than the new total. If it's uncertain and they arrive, just let them know and put the ball in their court. I personally would (I did) refuse to allow them to rebook. We didn't have the DP and really weren't sure if there was going to be anyone else with us for that room but we ended up with 5 total.

That really stinks that we cant add her if we are on the DP....Im so bummed but it is what it is! Thanks for the help everyone!

That really stinks that we cant add her if we are on the DP....Im so bummed but it is what it is! Thanks for the help everyone!
But you can, you just need to pay for the DP for her and use the credits yourself. To purposefully not add her to avoid doing so would be dishonest.

She is only coming for 1 night out of the 4 we will be there. SHe is arriving very late and wont use any credits. We cant afford to buy another adult dining plan nor would we be able to use all of her credits if we did pay for one extra person. I am not, nor would ever try and be dishonest. Her plane doesnt land until 8:45 PM anyways and just needs a place to sleep before we check into the next resort the following day. We want the dining plan because it works for us and dont want to have to change that for her coming for a few hours overnight.

We have been told that you cannot add anyone to the reservation after you have checked in. this last December, my DH invited his daughter and granddaughter to "just drive up for a few days". We went to the front desk as we had done in the past to add her- there is not much pre planning with this family, And we were told that they cant add them. I finally got them to issue a magic band for each, which is now the supposed only way to access rooms and we were told that you must add them to the original reservation. Additionally I asked if they were only going to stay a few days of my week what would I do? I was told that I would have to have 2 reservations, one for 2 and one for 4 people.

Hasn't *always* been the policy. We were flat out TOLD (in person, while there) that we could add my aunt to our Jambo villa reservation if she chose to stay with us for a night or two instead of going home after her day visit (freezing December 2010 and her heat was out), and that it would be just fine.

It might have changed now, but it wasn't always the policy at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter