• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra Magic Hour Early Entry

DocMcStuffinsUK

Earning My Ears
DL first timer here- Can we get early entry to the parks on day of check in at Grand Californian?

Thanks in advance for your help- looking forward to all the planning!

Yes, they'll hold your bags, give you your room card and text you later with your room number when your room is ready. If you want to be at the gate for rope drop, make sure you give yourself ample time to check in--I'd be at the GCH lobby at least 45 minutes before the time you want to be at the gate.

Yes, they'll hold your bags, give you your room card and text you later with your room number when your room is ready. If you want to be at the gate for rope drop, make sure you give yourself ample time to check in--I'd be at the GCH lobby at least 45 minutes before the time you want to be at the gate.
However, if your vacation package also includes park tickets, those may or may not be available that early, right? This is what a cast member told us but I'd appreciate any tips.

In other words, if you've purchased your tickets separately and have them in hand, you're good to go since the hotel is happy to "check you in" early. But it you are needing to also pick up your tickets at the hotel, I was told that they are usually delivered "early that morning" but not necessarily in time for rope drop. Any experience with this? Thanks!!

Good heads up. I booked a Disney hotel specially to get early morning access to DCA as I’ll only have one day in the parks, but will get my tickets at the hotel. If this is true then no point in spending the extra money for the hotel...

Thank you.

I've never booked a package but I have purchased PHs from Disney and I receive them by email and then I scan them into my Disney Ap. Hopefully someone with package experience can answer this question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter