Extra Magic Hours -- what happens between 9:30 and 10?

wbn36

Mouseketeer
I am reading extra magic is 8:30 - 9:30

and that regular opening of the parks is at 10 a.m.

What happens between the half hour in-between those times?

It's a complete mystery. Regular guests are usually allowed into the park, but stopped at the entrances to the lands. By showing your EMH-eligible ticket, hotel pass etc. you will be let in.
If you are eligible for EMH, you can keep going onto rides in that half hour.

Yes, regular guests will start going in and some areas may already open fully, but mostly is simply part of the extra magic time

WDS is fully open to all guests at 9:30am.

At DP, the procedure changed so much I would want anyone to trust my word on that, but I would say guests are free to go to Main Street, U.S.A. and clearance around the hub will open at 10am.

My experience from last Tuesday and Wednesday is that regular guests are allowed into the Disney park a couple minutes before 9:30 (maybe like 9:20-9:25 or so...at least there was quite some crowd heading up the Main Street to the hub around that time...) and there wasn’t anyone holding them back at the hub, so they were allowed to enter the lands already open for EMH...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!