Extra point

andersonsc

Mouseketeer
We have over 300 points to use. There is no DVC availability for when we can go. How can we use points at non DVC resorts? I thought there was a to use at Disneyland hotel but I can’t remember. We would go to CA or FL. I just don’t want to loose the points.

If they are direct points or resale pre 2011 then they can be used for the Disney Collection (you can see what hotels are included and points required on the DVC site). They generally are a quite expensive compared to DVC rooms but better than losing them. Depending on the dates I would probably stalk the member site for availability to piece something together instead but it is another option.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/explore-disney-destinations-and-resort-hotels

And of that doesn’t work, the option for RCI is there as long as you deposit no more than 45 days before expiration.

Obviously not going to give you Disney but at least would give you an extra 2 years to find someway to use them.

There's a nonrefundable $95 fee PER TRANSACTION if you use points to book a non-DVC room. We used points for 2 rooms (each room counts as one transaction regardless of number of nights) at Coronado Springs for a long weekend and had to pay $190. Still better than losing them; just be prepared to pay.

We have over 300 points to use. There is no DVC availability for when we can go. How can we use points at non DVC resorts? I thought there was a to use at Disneyland hotel but I can’t remember. We would go to CA or FL. I just don’t want to loose the points.
When are you able to go? When do they expire? Are any of them still bankable? As Jetsdad said, I would stalk the site and piece something together, even if it means a couple moves. Depends on when they expire, if you can bank, etc.

You could of course always try to rent out those points. Even at $15pp that is $4500 that you could use to book some other option.

Keep in mind that if you transfer them to Disney Collection OR RCI, you CAN NOT MOVE THEM BACK. It's a one way trip.

So if you decide to try for a Disney collection, you pay $95 and those points move. If you then decide to cancel that trip, the points stay with the Disney Collection. If you see availability at AKV, you can not move those points back to DVC and take the AKV ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter