"Extra" tummy skin is going away!

TigH

<font color=red>WISH success story<br><font color=
Just wanted to post a happy note here! If you are working on your tummy, don't give up! After I reached my goal weight, I still had a flabby belly. I have been working out (doing crunches 3 times a week, weight training, rollerblading, power walking, etc.) and trying to eat a balance of protein/carbs/fat to encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

Well no matter how much I sucked my tummy in and tried to tighten my ab muscles, there was this really puckery layer of skin in the way (under my rib cage, above and below my belly button)! Although I lost fat from all over my body, I must have really been carrying alot in my stomach. I never imagined I'd have extra skin there when I lost weight!

I am happy to say that the skin is disappearing! :) I just did a stomach check today, sucked my gut in and tightened my abs and there is MUCH less extra skin today than there was when I reached my goal weight! Phew! I have hope that in another month or two any extra skin that was around will be gone.

I had been getting discouraged thinking I was going to be stuck with this puckery mess of flesh, but then my Mom commented about how after giving birth 3 times her stomach always seemed to shrink back up in 3-4 months! It hit me then that if her tummy could go back to normal after being stretched out by my brother, my sister and me, that my stomach could shrink too! :)

So don't give up hope! Give your body time to adjust, lots of time! Even though you might reach your goal and not feel like you look quite how you expected, you will get there in time!

I don't have those washboard abs, YET, but I'm still working towards them. I also did a comparison of a photo taken of me in my bathing suit on the 4th of July to one taken on Sunday in the same suit. Although my weight has been pretty much the same (I have weighed anywhere from 138 to 142 since reaching goal), my body is really looking better and better. In the more recent picture of me in my bathing suit I can't find ANYTHING to criticize or shudder at, so I think I am making great progress! Hang in there! I have always wanted to look like this, but somehow kept holding myself back. Now I am just about where I want to be and I am so proud of the changes I have made. You can all do it too!!! I swear, if I can do it anyone can!!!! I used to be the most unorganized, put it off until tomorrow, exercise is a four letter word and I will not be able to make this long term change, etc. person in the world, but something finally snapped and my whole outlook on life is different.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks, WISH buddies! If it wasn't for the WISH challenge I would be a really unhappy person right now, but instead I am totally happy and optimisitc and loving life!

Hey Karen!
That is such encouraging news! Since I've gained back my weight, I have noticed it looks so much uglier than it did before and was wondering how I would ever get that taught look back. I'm glad to hear you are having success in this area. Congratulations!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Karen,
Thanks for sharing your inspirational story! That is such great news to hear. I am hoping I can get mine to shrink too!

You are doing awesome at maintaining! Keep up the awesome work. I love looking at your GOAL clippie! I am hoping it won't be too many more months and I will have mine. I am down to 154 now.........so it's on the horizon!

Thanks,
Melanie

Yeay - I am soo glad to hear that. Avtually my tum has started to shrink back as well. instead of hanging over my knickers it now only droops a little under my tummy button. It's just a matter of really working out those abs I guess as well as loads of fat burning cardio stuff - blech!!

Now i've got to figure out those darn stretch marks!!!

Oh girl i really needed to hear that today. I hope you know how much inspiration you bring to this board by all that you share with us. I am on my last 20 or so lbs of this journey and i have to admit i wondered about this more than once. After having a triplet pg and a singleton pg i just was about to give up since i hit the 170's i thought poo i'm gonna be fat when i'm skinny :(. But i've had a change of heart and now after over a month of not exercising i'm back no track with my exercise and i'm gonna give it my all. I'm the silly one who took belly shots (picutres now ya'll) that i have to compare with i have'nt taken them only when i started and at 50lbs and now i'm almost to 75lbs gone so i may take them again soon. I am doing my cruches with my ab firm tapes and watp tapes again so i sure hope i get some resemblece of a flat tummy back. I don't want to look like a model but i'd like to have confidence about my looks again. Thanks so much for sharing all this with us. Maybe i should'nt have given up so easily on that.

Thanks a TON for the encouragement!

I recently reached my "original goal" and I see it wasn't an accurate one for me. LOL I still have a lot to lose in my thighs and calves but my belly is mostly SKIN... no fat behind it anymore. I got really stretched out with my pregnancies because I had too much fluids- I mean I was huge and got bigger (more fluids) with each child. My last at 27wks I was measuring 52 inches around- and I'm only 62 inches tall! Imagine it.... I had her 2wks early taken by c-section because I had too much fluids to have her VBAC like my son. :(

Anywho... I was wondering if that skin would ever go away. I mean it has been 3yrs since I had my last child and I had a lot of fat keeping it out there afterwards (I looked about a "normal" 4-5 months pregnant... ofcourse not MY 4-5mo pregnant look since I was always bigger than that at 4-5 mo pregnant LOL). So I thought maybe it was stretched out for too LONG- yanno? But you give me hope that it will shrink up a bit. I really would like to avoid an abdominoplasty (sp?) if I can. :)

(My thighs and calves are just big- flabby a bit but fat to lose there too- not just hanging loose skin like my stomach.... which btw is really gross to the max. LOL So thank you for the hope that it will shrink up eventually- given time... atleast a little is what I hope for!)

THANKS!

Karen, that is so awesome!! I'm very happy and excited for you - you've worked so hard to get here!

I also want to thank you for the encouragement. Last year I was very close to my goal weight (134) and I was very discouraged that my stomach was still so "puckery" (that is the perfect description for it. It's a bit pouchy and my stretch marks make it look puckery too!) that I think that is part of the reason I sort of started slacking off at that time. I figured I still didn't look the way I wanted to, so why bother. Of course, now I can't wait to get back to where I was and I really do believe that I can do it this time! I'm sure that my stomach will never be picture perfect but at least I can have hope that I won't be embarrassed in my bikini either.
:D

Thanks again, hon!

Wooooo hooooo!!! :Pinkbounc

Way to go, Karen! And thanks for the encouragement - you set such a good example for everyone working toward their goal!!!

All that exercise is really paying off - GOOD FOR YOU! That's exactly what I think about on those days when, well, maybe I don't want to work out all that much. It all pays off!

My tummy is my biggest challenge as well - more than my thighs or behind by a long shot. I just keep picturing myself in a bikini, looking strong and slim. I know that with a steady plan and a little motivation, WE CAN DO IT!!!

You must feel wonderful! Good for you! :smooth:

Have a super day, and keep up the good work!

Daisy;)

Yaaaay! I'm glad you guys are inspired!!! :) I am working on updating our before and after pictures. I will have to take some pictures of Ross this week and I want him to take some of me. So anyway, here is a slightly updated page, the only new pictures are the two of me at the bottom. I have to warn you, they are scary because I have just have my hair pulled back in a pony tail and I wasn't planning to put these up for the public! ha ha! So that's just a little warning, check them out at your own risk!

http://www.rossandkaren.org/karenrossbefore.htm

Tammy, I can't wait to see your tummy before and afters. I wish I had been brave enough to do those types of photos! Drat! Seems like I just avoided the camera before I joined WISH, now I am wishing I had more before pictures to show!

As Jack, from Will & Grace would say, HOWCHA MAGOWCHA!!!!!

I had never seen pictures of you before. It's such a shame that I'm engaged and you're married! You're gawgeous!!!! :teeth:

Karen,

Oh my gosh! Your pictures are fabulous! I hate having my picture taken but I might do some pictures now so that I can see the results. You look so great in the last pictures (not that you didn't look great in the other ones as well:p ). I bet you are so proud of your results.

I am still struggling with staying on task everyday but your story is a great one. I have been exercising in small amounts but have decided to kick it up a notch by adding some workout tapes for the abs and other parts of the body. I am so pleased to hear that there is a chance that the puckery skin could actually one day go away! I have kind of been feeling like the exercise is not working because I don't see a huge change yet. You have proven to me once again that I just need to keep going no matter what to reach my goal. You must be so motivated!

Thank you so much for sharing your story and your photos! You have inspired me on a day where I needed to hear someone say "get going". You look super!

Jen

I just wanted to say WOW you look awesome girl. I'd kill for you figure. You know we all think "size" is what we set out goals to be (well a lot of us) and i really think we should'nt do it. I tell you i think it's where YOU feel happy at and i don't think most of us will know where GOAL lies until we get there. Did that make sense? I mean you know when you get to a place where YOU feel good and want to stop and start toning up like you did. I thought hmmm a size 10 would be nice but shoot i'm a size 10 and i STILL weight 160lbs!!!!!!! I STILL have a LOT of tummy left that i'm not happy with so a size 10 was unrealistic for me. I have now moved into a size 8 Tomm Hilfiger (barelyLOL) and i'm still not happy with that. I think you have done a great job of knowing when to stop and now your toning and doing hitting those target area's that you wanted to look awesome on you. I admire that a lot. For me i am not stopping just yet but i have already started to target my "trouble" area's and with the rest of my loss and proper exercise i hope to look and feel good when i do hit goal. You a true inspiration and you look so beautiful.

Karen,

So glad to see your post tonight, it is so encouraging and you are working so hard. Your pictures look great and you should be so proud of yourself.

I really appreciate all of your encouraging words and even though you have met your weight goal, you are still working on your other goals.

We are in this for life girlfriend and there's no getting rid of us now:D .
Tammy

Karen-
WOW!!! Great Job!! I haven't seen your pics, but I am going to look tomorrow (still recovering!) You are such an inspiration to so many on WISH--I know you will reach your final goal in no time, you are so determined and ready!!
Congratulations!!:p

Karen - you look FANTASTIC!!!!

It is good to hear that some of that skin is going away. I have so much to lose and I am really afraid that I am going to be stuck with lots of extra skin in that area as well. I can only hope that my skin is young enough to snap back into shape (who am I kidding - it was never really in shape in the first place).

Wow that is great, I'm happy for you. Your post is very encouraging!

Karen, that is wonderful news!! I am so proud of you! You are definitely an inspiration to me and I am so happy to have you in my support group! :) Keep up the great work! :)

Karen ~

You are such a positive person and your story fills me with such strength to continue.

You look absolutely fab in the recent pix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter