• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra Wheelchair Battery & Magical Express

GranJan

Mouseketeer
I will be traveling with a spare WC battery. SW will allow it to be checked with our luggage since it is NOT a lithium battery. It weighs about 25 lbs & is in a hard plastic case with a handle. Will ME transport it for us? This is the 1st time traveling with the battery & we aren't sure what's the best way to handle it. Even if ME will transport it, would it be best to carry it on? I just hate for my husband to have that extra thing to deal with, lugging it on to the plane. It would be so much easier to just check it & have everything delivered to the resort but I'm afraid it'll get lost or damaged. Anyone have any experience or advice?

If it's in a checked bag, just put the yellow ME tag on it, and it will be delivered to your room with your luggage.

I called Magical Express. They said, anything the airline lets you check, they will deliver to the resort. We did have an issue last year with RAC not taking my walker after several previous trips of it being no problem. We noticed they accepted huge strollers so we called when we got home & were told they should've taken it. Having an extra battery will eliminate the need for the walker which I only used to get around the room while charging the battery on my chair.
The airline seems to prefer you don't put the battery in anything since it's already in a rigid case. That way they can clearly see that it's a battery.
Can you ship it via a tracking shipper (FedEx, UPS)?
We did consider having it shipped. I'd rather that not be necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter