Extreme Makeover Home Edition Is In My Town!!!!!!!

baby1disney

DIS Veteran
i'M SOOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!:goodvibes :cloud9: :goodvibes I live in Toledo, Ohio and they picked a family right in our home town!!!:thumbsup2

The family's name is the Finsch family( I think I spelled that right) and it's a family of 13!! This season has to do with everyday heroes and the dad is a firefighter and I can't remember what the mom does. I think she's a stay at home mom. They have 11 kids!!!! Three of them are theirs and five of them are adopted form Haiti and the other three are adopted from the inner city here in Toledo!!! They showed them announcing the family yesterday morning (Sunday) and they were in tears...ALL OF THEM!!!!:cloud9: :cloud9: It was sooo moving. I think the kids ages range from about 3/4 years old up to 18, I believe. So, of course the whole crew is here including Ty Pennington!!!! Everyone here is soooo excited for them. So yesterday, they talked to the family about what they want and sent them off and packing to you guessed it: WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: So of course they were totally stoked about it. Heck, if someone gave me anything Disney, I'm excited!!! LOL!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: . So they left last night and went to the airport and should be there now!!!

Today, they were showing them packing up ALL of their belongings that they wanted and putting them in moving trucks!!! The are going to tear down the house tomorrow!!! I can't wait to see that. The volunteer turnout was soooo great that they had to turn people away!!!! The day I wanted to do it I can't because I'm getting married Saturday!!!:bride: :goodvibes That's the day they move ALL of the furniture into the house!!! That's what I wanted to do. Plus, they said that day was booked out!!!

So I just wanted to say that anyone who sees a family off in a secluded area or somewhere in Disney all by themselves, it's probably that family from my hometown Toledo!!!! So, just look for the family that has one female and 12 men in it and that's them!!! LOL!!!! The air date is going to be sometime in November of this year!!!!

As more happens, I'll make sure to update you!!! I'll try to do it daily, but I'm sure Friday and Saturday I won't be able to as for me getting ready to get married!!!!

That is great! Please let us know the airdate when you receive it.

And by the way. . . CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding! That is wonderful. :thumbsup2

That is fantastic, I can't wait for the new season to start! Hey, can you take pictures this week and show us every night maybe? I know, you're getting married (congrats btw!), but its Ty!!:goodvibes Oh, my favorite is Paulie, can you take a picture of Paulie??

This thread is a better fit here on our Theme Parks CB Board.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

That is great! Please let us know the airdate when you receive it.

And by the way. . . CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding! That is wonderful. :thumbsup2

Thank you and I promise I will let you guys know when that air date is!!! It's about time my hometown is on tv for something good!!! LOL!!!:rotfl:

That is fantastic, I can't wait for the new season to start! Hey, can you take pictures this week and show us every night maybe? I know, you're getting married (congrats btw!), but its Ty!!:goodvibes Oh, my favorite is Paulie, can you take a picture of Paulie??

As far as me getting pics, I highly doubt I'll be able to because there's soooo many people turning out for this. On the news last night, they said that they(EMHE) needed 1,000 volunteers. OVER 6,000 OF US APPLIED!!!! So that just goes to show you just how much love our town has for one another!!! I can give you the tv station's link and I know they have a lady who is blogging everything that's going on and I'm sure there's going to be pics as well!!!:goodvibes Here's the link: www.13abc.com and you'll see the EMHE links and stuff on there!!!

I'm going to watch the news tonight and probably post right after, so keep a look out for it!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

They were just in Waterloo NY the week before Labor Day for a permanantly disabled man and his family who run a Boxing Clinic out of their garage....

Quite the turnout of people and media from what I saw on TV....It'll be interesting if they go right in order of their jobs for when they air the episodes....

Now this is strange they are in my town right now St. Louis MO. They tore a house down on Friday and sent the family to WDW and according to the schedule they are due to bring them back tomorrow. :confused3 That must be some tight scheduling this show keeps.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/en...35D79A7C4501B261862574BA0013510D?OpenDocument

You are right about that. Ty has been flying back and forth between here(Toledo) and St. Louis. They said that on the news that he had about tow projects going on right now.

They showed the demolition yesterday and it was pretty sweet....and to the PP, YES TY was there!!!! It was kinda surreal you know??? So, they showed Paul playing softball with our University of Toledo Rockets for a charity game. It was quite funny from what I had seen. They were putting the foundation in last night and should be putting walls and stuff up today. When I go home for lunch, I'll check it out!!

excellent, please continue to keep us updated!:)

Ok...so I have some updating to do!! I kinda left off I think with them just getting the walls and stuff done for the house.

Well, the house has been finished and it looks GREAT!!!!! They can't show the inside of it until the after the air date because that would spoil it, of course. The family comes home and pretty much all of them collapse!!!! The mom and dad are crying and so are the kids...who just happen to be allll boys!!!!! I mean I started to cry!! It was really wierd seeing like Ty and Paul and stuff here in our town, but very, very cool!!! They said that we were one of the best communities they've ever dealt with. But, I'm pretty sure they say that about everyone, ya know?:confused3 So, the family is in the house and extremely happy!!!

www.13abc.com

That is the link to see all of the coverage!!!

The show just did a house in my town this past week and the family went to WDW. It was fun to be involved in the action. I served food to the volunteers, didn't work on the house.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

Very nice house. Looks like they didn't go overboard with this one. I always wonder why they build such big "mansions" I keep thinking to myself wow, this iis going to cost a fortune to heat, cool, keep up, so on.

and I always thought that every burglar in the area had seen the house on TV and knew all the great stuff that was there......many of the houses look very out of place in their neighborhood and could get this negative attention!
Or they could encourage others to update the neighborhood I suppose...

disney and a new house for before the holidays ...what an awesome experience for that family

pwdebbie The show just did a house in my town this past week and the family went to WDW. It was fun to be involved in the action. I served food to the volunteers, didn't work on the house.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

We must live close. I have been following this last week. Very exciting!!!!

We must live close. I have been following this last week. Very exciting!!!!

Well, to get to the makeover house, I would go right out my driveway, left at the stop sign, and one mile or so to the site. Are you that close? Another disser in my town?

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

Not quite that close - I am just a little west of Chambersburg

Small World !!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter