EZ meals to cook at the DVC villas

barbarabini

Mouseketeer
Anyone have some good ideas for easy to make dinners to cook in the DVC ? I havent gotten any reservations for dinner sooo...looks like im cooking unless i want QS all week.

I don't like to cook on vacation. I've done it and at Disney. The getting groceries, planning meals....UGH! just like home. If I had to have planned meals, I think I'd try the pre-made meals at Costco and Publix.

We are VGC people. We mainly have eggs and bagels for breakfast. We then do a lot of snacks to go. My daughter likes to get a meal and bring half of it back to eat later or the next day.
we are trying to figure out what to do at Aulani because food prices are so expensive and we are staying so long. I’m so thankful we will have a one bedroom.

I’ve had a lot of success with buying the pre-made (but not cooked yet) meals at Sam’s and publix. From Sams the chicken taco kit, meatloaf with mashed potatoes, cheese manicotti, stuffed salmon and chicken pot pie are all liked by my family. I love the break from actually preparing the meal and while it’s more than I’d normally spend per meal at home, it’s a huge savings vs table service for 5!

Probs Not a big help for dinner but we make a giant quiche our first day and then it’s 60 seconds in the microwave on the way out and we have breakfast :)

Also lots of people cancel dinning 48-24 hours out, would recommend checking during down times if you can and you may be able to snag some good reservations still :). Good luck!

A few things we have made while at a DVC resort

Grilled cheese sandwiches /salad bowls & Soup (cheese & croutons).

Tuna wraps / Deli meat & Salad bowls

Chilli & Rice in Nacho Bowls

Quiche & Salad bowls

Spaghetti & Garlic Bread

Pancakes & Bacon/Sausage fresh fruit (Breakfast for Dinner)

Egg& Cheese Omelette
& cavendish home fries. (Again Breakfast for Dinner)

Good brand frozen Pizza & fresh salads

Hugs
Mel

P.S.
If you are driving I would take a Croc Pot with me & look at Croc Pot recipes.

Last edited:
Spaghetti and frozen bread with bagged salad. Frozen burgers and oven fries. Frozen pizzas with bagged salad. Deli sandwiches and chips(and fruit if looking for healthy). Cereal, yogurt and fruit with granola, bagels, eggos, frozen breakfast burritos for breakfast.

You use mobile order at CS locations. Doesn’t really matter how crowded they are. You are notified when your food is ready and you just go in and pick it up.

When I am on vacation, the last thing I want to do is cook. I had rather have a bad CS meal then have to cook anything.

I usually make an easy spagetti dinner (often using a crock pot for the sauce) and bagged salad. Never done it, but VGC (and probably all DVC) has grills for steaks/burgers.

Though in the past I've cooked more, last time we discovered Doordash and got a lot of cheap takeout delivered.

Sloppy joes. Then the next day baked potato topped with sloppy joes and cheese. Pasta, breakfast, pizza. Tyson frozen grill chicken breast heat in the microwave and serve with BBQ sauce plus a side of mash potato and salad. Meatball subs and chips.

Last edited:
So, if you don't mind spending a little money, this is my favorite condo meal for a fresh dinner...

Pack of smoked salmon (3-4oz pack makes 2 sandwiches)
Microwave bacon (2 strips per sandwich)
Lettuce
Tomato
Sweet Onion or Red Onion
Sliced Avocado (1/4 Avo slices/sandwich)
1 lemon
Mayo
Bagels
S&P

Take the lemon and squeeze into a few TB of mayo (you can put the zest in, too, but that's extra effort) and add s&p. That's the spread.

Toast the bagel and microwave the bacon and slice the veg. Smear the bagel, pile the rest of the ingredients on top, slice the bagel in 1/2, and serve with some sliced apples or a clementine. Be so happy and feel so good b/c it's fresh AND tasty (and about 1/4-1/3 the price of buying it at a bagel shop even if groceries are pricey in the area).

Edit to Add: All the veg, bagels, mayo, and bacon are versatile enough to become club sandwiches (with a rotisserie chicken or turkey) and just straight BLTAs by doubling the bacon per sandwich...and you can reuse everything to use it up that way.

You use mobile order at CS locations. Doesn’t really matter how crowded they are. You are notified when your food is ready and you just go in and pick it up.

When I am on vacation, the last thing I want to do is cook. I had rather have a bad CS meal then have to cook anything.

I'm with you on this! The last time we went was October 2021. At that time you even had to show your pickup confirmation to actually get inside various QS places. It was so much more enjoyable then pre-COVID where you would have people that'd just be inside a QS to relax and get out of the elements. It was always easy to find a place to sit, where before one of us would need to grab a table first before we even placed our order so we knew we'd have a place to actually eat.

I followed a blogger that had her home chef meals delivered to her while at Disney, she was off site but I though was a good idea. She picked the oven ready meals with little prep

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter